• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

7 not 6 levels in Minus Tirith in the Film

Fechin

Member of Guild Periaur
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
127
Here is a picture that shows 7 levels of MT not 6 likie some say. I did want to put the pictures right below the thread but that did not work so go to this site. The 6th level is hard to spot but if you look in the boxes it is there.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kcpelot/detail?.dir=/MT&.dnm=levels.jpg


It was bigger oh well I hope you guys can see it.

The reason I posted this is that some people think in the film there are only 6. I hope this helps.
 
LOL! Good work Fechin. I myself was going to try to get a screen capture from the trailer- you can also clearly see seven levels in the scene where the winged Nazgul are diving at the city. Oh well, you beat me to it, and did a fine job of drawing in the red, to boot!

One more nit-pick falls by the wayside. How many left in the List now, Beorn?
 
Hi, newbie here, I may have a solution. The English don't start counting floors (or levels) from '1'. The lowest level is called the 'ground floor' and the next floor up is the 1st floor. In maths terms, the lowest level is zero.

We use the same system in Australia. the lifts all go G,1,2,3,4,5,6.

I'm sure Allan Lee & John Howe would have thought of that.
 
Sharkey said:
Hi, newbie here, I may have a solution. The English don't start counting floors (or levels) from '1'. The lowest level is called the 'ground floor' and the next floor up is the 1st floor. In maths terms, the lowest level is zero.

We use the same system in Australia. the lifts all go G,1,2,3,4,5,6.

I'm sure Allan Lee & John Howe would have thought of that.

What a great initial post! Welcome aboard!

Lotho
 
Hi, newbie here, I may have a solution. The English don't start counting floors (or levels) from '1'. The lowest level is called the 'ground floor' and the next floor up is the 1st floor. In maths terms, the lowest level is zero.

We use the same system in Australia. the lifts all go G,1,2,3,4,5,6.

Good point, but didn't Tolkien describe Minas Tirith as having seven levels? If so, it doesn't matter what you number them, it just matters how many there are. And I bet that when all the NPWs read the books, that they imagined seven different levels not eight. ;) So apparently, PJ did something right :p .

Anyway, another hearty welcome to TTF, Sharkey!!!! :D
 
Elessar II said:
Good point, but didn't Tolkien describe Minas Tirith as having seven levels? If so, it doesn't matter what you number them, it just matters how many there are. And I bet that when all the NPWs read the books, that they imagined seven different levels not eight. ;) So apparently, PJ did something right :p .

Anyway, another hearty welcome to TTF, Sharkey!!!! :D

I just can't imagine, with the PJ's and the Weta crew's searchlight attention to detail, made such an inexcusable gaffe as to actually miss a layer.

Lotho
 
And don't forget that they used Alan Lee and John Howe as conseptual designers, and IMO none of those guys miss out on such details!. If you have seen some of their drawings, it is obvious where mr. Jackson got all the details from.

And this is a so-called 'purist' speaking.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top