• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

A New LOTR Adaptation

RangerStryder

Dunedain of the North
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
93
Do you think its a good idea to (after 'The Hobbit' of course) re-make the LOTR with another/new director and producers?

Its not that I didnt like what PJ did, but to see how a new adaptation will re-package Tolkien's great novel to us fans.

Probably the technologies are much better and suited for all the battles, images, backgrounds, special effects...etc.

Maybe the new re-packaged LOTR will give each character a deeper meaning and a little more history on why and how the One Ring was made, then maybe we can see some characters that was deleted in PJs version of LOTR.

I dont know how many epic movies was re-made; The Ten Commandments, Spartacus, Cleopatra...are just some of them.

Your opinion pls.
 
An animation with a mature feel and look could be well done and well-received, I think. Imagine a year or two long animated mini-series running on HBO or something along those lines. An all-star voice cast and some top animators. The only thing is that most of best animation is coming out of Japan, and after Rankin/Bass, I really don't think that style works well for LOTR.

On the other hand, Miyazaki's "Princess Mononoke" was a beautiful somewhat similar piece of work. Could Miyazaki pull it off?
 
Back
Top