Halasían
A Retired Dúnedain Ranger Fishing Lake Evendim
- Joined
- Dec 16, 2001
- Messages
- 2,277
A tough morning of death news today. The second one I read about was Drummer Alan White. The longest-tenured member of Yes has died at age 72.
He also played with John Lennon, George Harrison, Ginger Baker’s Air Force and Joe Cocker. He was going to tour with Yes for their 50th Anniversary 'Closer To The Edge' European tour, but had to pull out due t health issues. His first project with Yes in 1972 was the 'Closer To The Edge' album.His later days he lived in Seattle and I remember seeing him drumming at shows with local no-name bands at times, and I 'met' hime once while standing in line at Dick's Burgers in Seattle's Capitol Hill area. He will be missed.
He also played with John Lennon, George Harrison, Ginger Baker’s Air Force and Joe Cocker. He was going to tour with Yes for their 50th Anniversary 'Closer To The Edge' European tour, but had to pull out due t health issues. His first project with Yes in 1972 was the 'Closer To The Edge' album.His later days he lived in Seattle and I remember seeing him drumming at shows with local no-name bands at times, and I 'met' hime once while standing in line at Dick's Burgers in Seattle's Capitol Hill area. He will be missed.
