• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

An idea about the grey havens

del_user(tom_bombadil)

Blast from the Past
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
158
I was recently reading a thread i forget which one but anyway it was saying that sam and frodo only just met up atthe end of their lives well i think that they became immortal like the others who passed to the grey havens( most of them all ready immortal anyway) any way just one more thing do you think frodos pony strider who he took with him left ME to
 
You have a problem with interpunction Tom! Anyway, Sam and Frodo do not become immortal when they go to the West, so that's not true. But they would meet maybe for a short time, or maybe even Frodo had already died when Sam arrived, so then they wouldn't have seen each other at all. Nothing is said about the pony, I suppose Frodo rode on one to the Grey Havens, but why would he take it with him?
 
If what you say is true, Tom, that Frodo and Sam meet before they die, then I suppose Sam left for Aman only a few decades after Frodo. But as was stated nobody mortal who went to Valinor was granted immortality (except Eärendil), so neither was Frodo or Sam, or Gimli.
I don't think Frodo took 'Strider' with him. He had known the creature for such a short time it is unlikely that a bond of friendship would have formed between them, which would have made Frodo beg for it to accompany him and the others on the ship. I seem to recall that Sam took it and led it away whilst riding on his own pony, but I really don't know.
 
No one who is not an elf could become immortal.That's why Frodo and Sam and Gimli have died in Valinor,probably many many years later.About the pony I don't believe it has been taken to Valinor.Maybe it has had lots of food and has lived in quite and peacefull way without working or carrying any baggages.(it has lived so lazy as me !):cool:
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top