• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

🪦 Dan Simmons

Rest In Peace

Erestor Arcamen

Assistant to the forum owner
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
7,882
Dan Simmons, the author of more than 30 novels and short story collections spanning horror, political thrillers and science fiction such as Hyperion and The Terror, has died at age 77.

Simmons died in Longmont, Colorado on 21 February, with his wife and daughter at his side, his obituary announced.

The author was best known for Hyperion, his 1989 science fiction novel that won the prestigious Hugo award for best novel and a Locus award; Simmons later wrote three sequels.

 
I can't say I remember the basic story. However, the being shown in the cover art, "The Shrike", is quite memorable. From what I vaguely remember, it's very worth reading, IMO.

1772814789924.png
 

Similar threads

Back
Top