• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Dangerous Trees

Sorry.

This is only one explanation, same with the War between the Elves and Sauron.
But there could be all kinds of reasons.
Fire fights between the Men who lived in the lands.
Climate change.
Overpopulation in small regions.
The sickness of Sauron during the Dark Years before he lost the ring.
And what remained in the Third Age was probably destoyed by all the wars and horrible winters.
Who knows? It's one of the many mysteries.
 
I searched the forum for somewhere to put a photo I took of some trees in Epping Forest in the City of London, which look like they recently stomped on a few orcs:
 
I have a feeling the tree in the middle is telling the tree in the front how much she enjoys going to the gym and working out and the tree in the front is thinking, "Eat a cookie, you skinny harpy!"

but that just might be me . .
 
Very funny, Elgee, but I think she needs to be drinking more ent draughts.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…