• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Discussion 🧝Elrond and the 🧙Blue Wizards Discussion Thread

There is absolutely no need to rush with anything I write. It's all done in good fun and hopefully in the spirit of the TTF. I took early retirement to enjoy my many hobbies (Yes, writing is just one of many): Reading, gardening, carpentry, walking, swimming, drawing, painting, craftwork... all take up too much of my time to bother with working. :D;)
 
I am enjoying the progression of this, and am interested in where you're taking me.

I note a certain 'elevation' in the nature of Sam's speech - probably the result of time and the increased interface with folk whose general speach pattern is more refined than his former manner.

Thanks for providing us this fun stuff to read..! (I personally think it has potential, and could be considered for publication to a wider audience.)

p.s. - I finally got through Ch. 5 & 6 - still want to print it all out for a closer read..!
 
Thanks, Ent. I'm glad you are enjoying my musings. You are correct in your assumption of Sam's speech. His accent remains, but living with the Elves and their refined way of talking has rubbed off on dear old Sam (And Frodo).
I'm unsure about publication to a 'wider audience' as such. My writing remains very much on the amateur side of life, and I don't edit it much - if at all. I just sit and think of the chapter and how it integrates with the main story, theme and plot; then spend about an hour writing it. I don't have a process as such, more of a 'this is what I think should happen next attitude'.
I have my outlines for chapters 7 & 8 written. You will finally get to know what the Magocracy stems from. But they will both be delayed as I have many other things to attend to.
 
I'm unsure about publication to a 'wider audience' as such. My writing remains very much on the amateur side of life, and I don't edit it much
Always a difficult thing to ponder, especially when one has numerous interests, and different underlying reasons for their pursuits.

I may have something to shout about this once more, once I"ve printed and read all your chapters more deeply... then I'll shut up about it. 😆

But if I see value, I believe I am being a bit faithless if I don't say so... and I don't want to be faithless to you - or anyone.
 
Always a difficult thing to ponder, especially when one has numerous interests, and different underlying reasons for their pursuits.

I may have something to shout about this once more, once I"ve printed and read all your chapters more deeply... then I'll shut up about it. 😆

But if I see value, I believe I am being a bit faithless if I don't say so... and I don't want to be faithless to you - or anyone.
As always, your positive comments are appreciated.
 

Today's events

Back
Top