• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
Finwe: Did anyone else hear that? It sounded like Ingwe's horn. I really need to call him.

Here, let me try.
*Amras turns the phone on, but it’s locked.*
Ok, Now you just need to enter the passcode for the phone.
Finwe: Thanks Amras.

M: Can you do it from there? *He waits while Finwe does the password*
Finwe: I think I can, I'll try and see. *Types in the password, and after a few minutes, manages to call Ingwe*
*Phone calls Ingwe*
Finwe: Oh good. I think its worked!
 
M: Nice! See, it's not so hard once you get used to it!
 
*Aulë re-enters the room, carrying something in his hands. He strides over to where Laurinalótë also rests in her vase.* Here you are, your brand-new flower-sized phone! Complete with a leaf-hold. *Places the custom phone into her soil with a triumphant air.*

Laurinalótë, with a petal dropped: You... you made this... for me?! *Picks the device up with a leaf and tries to press into it.* Wait, how do I swipe it? *Flaps her leaves against the screen, trying to turn it on.*

Yavanna: Let me guess. Forgot my husband did to make the screen detect the pressure of a leaf... *Gives Aulë a look that says he can't make everything right on the first try, as she glides over and flibbermagwits with the phone.* There, I have embued it with my grace. Now, work it should!

*Laurinalótë slides her leaves against the phone again, and this time it turns on.* Oh, thank you, my lady-- and thank you, my lord, for designing this! Now... what should I make my password?
 
Last edited:
(OOC: What's with everyone putting passwords on their phones? Has the shadow of mistrust sown by the Enemy reached even the Blessed Realm? And here's Ingwë still leaving his keys in the horse ignition whenever he gets dismounts!)

*The night breeze luffs the damask tent where Ingwë and Ilwen lie sleeping in the Pelóri foothills*
*Suddenly, the Teleriphone default ringtone goes off (seagulls cawing, mixed with the anonymized screams of anguished kinslain)*
Ingwë: Ilwen, the alarm. I think you forgot to take your blood thinners.
Ilwen: *drowsily* Hmm. Remind me, did I set a fullscreen blow-up of Finwë's face as my alert? So forgetful, these days...
Ingwë: Finwë! Finwë! He's calling! O frabjous day, callooh, callay!
*he answers the call*
Ingwë: Hang on, Finwë, I'll put you on speaker so Ilwen can hear!
*jabs buttons excitedly*
*conferences in Eonwe*
Eönwë: Valinor Wrathforce, what's your emergency?
*conferences in Tar-Palantir, last faithful king of Numenor*
Tar-Palantir: Can it be? All my weary days have I longed in vain for word out of the West! And here in my dying hour, against all hope, the call comes at last-
*conferences in Balrog*
Balrog: Hey, man, I'm like, going into a tunnel, man, call you back, yeah?
Ingwë: I can't get the blessed speaker working.
Ilwen: Just put your horn over the earpiece.
*He does so*
*Finwë's voice now booms out over Valinor, magnified a hundredfold, together with the racket of multiple confused conference memebrs*
Ingwë: *shouting to make himself heard* FINWË, MY OLD MUSKETEER, HOW THE DEUCE HAVE YOU BEEN? YOU'VE BEEN IN OUR PRAYERS, DEAR CHAP!
Ilwen: *shouting* HOW HAS THE INTIMATE PROCESS OF GRIEVING YOUR BELOVED BEEN FOR YOU?
 

Finwe: Ingwe, my old friend. Its so good to hear from you! How have you and Ilwen been.?....uh..., Ingwe, why do I sound so loud? Surely your speaker isn't this loud?
 
Finwe: Ingwe, my old friend. Its so good to hear from you! How have you and Ilwen been.?....uh..., Ingwe, why do I sound so loud? Surely your speaker isn't this loud?
*Handmaiden manages to clear most of the unwanted participants off the call. Handmaiden has really earned promotion to named status, at this point...*
Ingwë: Finwë! At last! After centuries of lonely contemplation, it does my heart good-
*incoming call!*
Ingwë: What the-
Balrog: Hey, man, it's Denver here, with Balrog Samaritans. Just returning your call - did you, like, need someone to talk to or whatever?
Ingwë: Balrog who?
Denver the Balrog: Balrog Samaritans? It's like a new thing? We had a lot of people casting themselves down here into the fiery chasm, so a few of us were like, hey maybe these tiny fragile dudes need someone to talk to before they jump. The world's so totally not cool right now, you know?
Ingwë: I see. Well, you seem like a fine young eldritch being, but we're all fine here. Sorry to waste your time.
Denver the Balrog: Cool, cool, I hear you. So listen, looks like the Lifeline had a missed call a while back from some dude called Maedhros with your area code? His message just said "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah it burns". So if you know the guy, maybe tell him we called back? Ok, have an excellent day, you guys.
*Denver hangs up*
Ilwen: *worried* Er, Finwë, we've been a bit out of the loop...how are the kids?
Ingwë: *aside* Ssh, darling! Little Coppertop was probably just prank calling, don't embarrass him!
 
Last edited:
Finwe: The kids? Well, right now Maedhros is gone. He walked through a door that just randomly appeared out of nowhere and then it disappeared again. And from what I gather, Tyelko has turned into a raccoon (which is a bit weird). The others are alright, I think.

Finwe: Oh, and, you suggested we visit Miriel's grave earlier, I think thats a good idea! I've been missing her.
 
Last edited:
*The distant sound of someone screaming from far above grows louder and louder as if they are getting closer at an alarming rate. Crashing through a nearby tree is heard, and then a thud on the ground.*
Ow…

*Fingon lays there prone for a minute in shock at the impact, unable to move at first. Then he gingerly lifts his head and begins to stir, taking it slow because of the dizzy rush to his head. Once standing, though, he brushes himself off and walks with a slight limp over to the others, holding something in his hand.*

Well, I tried searching for Tyelko from the skies, but I couldn’t find him. He wasn’t in his usual haunts. I did come across an Eagle, though, and I asked him for one of his feathers, to which he obliged. I want to decorate Maitimo with it for his wedding. *holds up the handsome golden brown feather*

When I started to return, I wanted to see what it would be like to free fall. Yeah… Not a good idea. *rubs his head and winces* Apparently I don’t know how to stop immediately when I’m falling really fast.

Anyways! Maitimo, this feather is for– *looks around in confusion* Maitimo? Where’d he go? And why am I also seeing Haru Finwë and Telvo?? I’m not dead, am I?

Amrod: *brightly* No, not dead, as far as I can tell. Nelyo stepped through a mysterious door that appeared to Denny’s and it closed behind him. Atar went with him too. As for Haru Finwë and Telvo, they’re back! *gives his twin a big hug, grinning*

Fingon: I– Why’d Maitimo go into Denny’s?! Everyone knows how shady that place is. *shakes his head, then approaches the Ambarussa for a group hug* Welcome home, Telvo!

(And welcome to the Chaotic Finwian family, @Finwë and @Ashley! 😁)
 
(OOC: That is one of the funniest things I've ever read lol)
M: Welcome back!
*Everyone's phone pings, even Finwë's and Ingwë's. It's a mass text from Maitimo.*

Help! Denny's is a front for Angb

*the text ends there*
M *looking at his phone* : Should . . . should we be concerned? I'm concerned.
 
*Fingon face pales and he nearly drops his phone in shock from what he reads.*
GUYS, MAITIMO’S IN TROUBLE WE HAVE TO GO RESCUE HIM NOW!!! 😥
M: RIGHT *he grabs his travel bag, which was still on the floor from when he arrived*
M: uh . . . .
M: Oh dear, it's been awhile.
M: Which direction was Angband again?
 
*Everyone's phone pings, even Finwë's and Ingwë's. It's a mass text from Maitimo.*

Help! Denny's is a front for Angb

*the text ends there*
*there is an anguished shout from beneath the pile of fallen leaves and branches under the tree Fingon fell through*
SERIOUSLY?!

*a large branch is pushed aside and a very bedraggled-looking Curufin emerges from a hole in the ground among the tangled tree roots, his weird grey brick phone in one hand and his jar of purple crystals in the other*
*he looks rather at the end of his tether*
First, Little Curvo and I somehow got ourselves lost in this tangled, dark forest.

Second, there was a $&#!@% flash flood in there that washed us away and I lost him. I spotted the part of Laurinalótë that resided in his hair halfway up a slimy wet tree and had to rescue her as she was stuck in whatever unholy muddy debris was coating that thing.

Third, I looked up and realised at least part of this unknown forest was in a cavern and I was underground somewhere.

Fourth, I almost perished from thirst in the dirty winding tunnels trying to get back above ground, because there was a heat source somewhere, and there were Unseen trails left by various unknown Maiar criss-crossing everywhere, so my crystal lamp was no help.

Finally, I found some stream of clear water rushing down from above, and I managed to climb and swim against the current thanks in part to Laurinalótë's flying magic. I spotted a muddy side tunnel with tree roots and daylight. I got to the end and looked out, only to almost get my head caved in by a free-falling Nolofinwion!

*he takes a deep breath, closes his eyes and grits his teeth*

Last of all, I have not seen hide nor hair of Tyelko in all my searching, and now Nelyo appears to have gotten himself recaptured.

*spots raccoon Celegorm and recognises his brother instantly, despite the change in form*

*angrily* You...
*he clambers fully out of the hole, but then appears to lose his last remaining strength and crumples to the ground*

*tiredly, lying there* Well, I suppose I can see rather a lot of hair of yours now, Tyelko bro.
*attempts to chuckle weakly at the joke, which is terrible even for him, but it comes out as more of a cough*
 
*Everyone's phone pings, even Finwë's and Ingwë's. It's a mass text from Maitimo.*

Help! Denny's is a front for Angb

*the text ends there*
*Finwe stares in shock at his phone*

Finwe *to Ingwe*: Ingwe! did you see?! Maedhros is in trouble!

Finwe: *To everyone* What will we do?! Wait...does that mean Feanor and Aranya are in trouble as well?!
*Fingon’s face pales and he nearly drops his phone in shock from what he reads.*
GUYS, MAITIMO’S IN TROUBLE WE HAVE TO GO RESCUE HIM NOW!!! 😥

Finwe: Yes! *Grabs his horse and his sword*
 
M: Which direction was Angband again?
Fingon: Should be to the north of us, but—

*Turning his head to the sudden voice, Fingon’s eyes widen and watch Curufin in curiosity, surprised to see what terrible shape he’s in. Having originally set out looking together, with him in the air, he’d wondered what had happened to the Curvos pretty early on…*

I got to the end and looked out, only to almost get my head caved in by a free-falling Nolofinwion!
*Fingon winces at this part.* Sorry, cousin! I hope I did not injure you too badly. 😅 Glad to see you are safe now!

Finwe: *To everyone* What will we do?! Wait...does that mean Feanor and Aranya are in trouble as well?!
Amrod: If Nelyo’s been captured again, then yes, Atar and Nelyo’s Scary Fiancée probably have been too! 😭

Fingon: *puts a hand on Amrod’s shoulder* Don’t worry, Pityo, we’ll get them back as soon as we can.
 
*Fingon winces at this part.* Sorry, cousin! I hope I did not injure you too badly. 😅 Glad to see you are safe now!
*Curufin shrugs while still lying down, which looks a little weird*
Eh. I’ve felt worse. Not by much, but still.


(The stream Curufin followed is one that runs out from the nearby woodlands, only to fall down underground in a rocky area not far from the tree where he came out.)

*There is a faint rippling in the stream, like a miniature tidal wave, and the steady rhythm of its flowing is disturbed for a moment. The sound of the water grows louder.*

*A silhouette emerges from the trees, walking along the bank of the stream and seemingly paying attention to it, as though to a conversation partner. She is a dark-haired elf woman wearing a long tunic, leggings and knee-high boots. A sturdy sling and an ammunition pouch hang from her belt. The sling is a lengthy one and looks like it could do some damage.*


*Curufin hears the soft approaching footfalls*
*he raises his head to see who it is and pales slightly*
I would like to take back what I have just said.

Tancaquárë: *arriving* Hello, all. Ulmo told me some strange things were afoot, and I followed him here. Something about my in-laws getting themselves into serious trouble again. Therefore, I suppose I have come to lend my aid.

(Tancaquárë is Curufin’s wife, mother of Celebrimbor, who remained in Valinor during the events of the Silmarillion)

*her eyes widen slightly as she looks around at the sizeable assembly*
*she salutes Finwë briefly as her eyes land on him*

*her gaze drops to the ground, where Curufin has just tried and failed to raise himself to a seated position, falling back down again with a thump*

Tancaquárë: …

…I thought I had passed you by earlier in my journey, dumped out of a murky geyser into the sea. But Ulmo told me not to bother fishing you out, since that was a different you, and Ulmo was taking it upon himself to send this other Curvo back to his own world.

…

*she crouches down to look him in the eye*

…you are my Curvo, are you not?

Curufin: *looks as though he wishes the ground would swallow him up*

Tancaquárë: *takes this as confirmation and rises to her feet once more, not without a brief look of pity*
 
Last edited:
Laurinalótë: I've never been beheaded before! ...And poor Little Curvo, we must find him! Hopefully he isn't all alone and scared!

Help! Denny's is a front for Angb
...WAIT A MINUTE! I'm getting my first look at Angband?! ...WAIT, what other things could this abbreviate?
*Sends her first text message to Maitimo.* Never fear, the Many Musketeers are here!
Does this seem encouraging? Oh! *Reacts to Maitimo's message with a Helping Hand emote. 🤝* The only time I'll ever have hands! *Her petals widen.* What good are hands in that place?! *Unreacts with Helping Hand and reacts with a Leaf. 🌿*
 
The news of Maitimo's capture resounds through the silence of Ingwë's shocked camp.
To everyone's surprise, it is poor long-suffering Handmaiden who finally goes cross-eyed, then cracks.


Handmaiden: *shaking her fist at the sky* A front? A FRONT? Damn, you Denny's, I paid money for your loyalty card! NOOO!
Ilwen: Quick, Mr. King! They are in trouble after all! What shall we do?
Handmaiden: I'll tell you what we're going to do. We're going to break Angband like a walnut, save whatever-your-grandkid's-name-is, and then those punks are going to give me a free medium drink with my choice of pancake, so help me.
Ilwen: But how do we get in?
Ingwë: *breaths furiously, wrapped in dark thought*
Ingwë: I know a guy.
*Takes out his phone; star-sixty-nines the Balrog*
Ingwë: Denver, old sport. Need a favour.
 
(Thank you!)
*After a brief shock from seeing people falling from the sky, Amrod hugs his brother and cousin*
Amrod! It's amazing to see you again. I've missed you so much! And Fingon, it's great to see you too.
*Everyone's phone pings, even Finwë's and Ingwë's. It's a mass text from Maitimo.*

Help! Denny's is a front for Angb

*the text ends there*
Oh, no! We have to go help him!I can't believe this is happening again! *Begins gearing up for a rescue*
Curufin! Are you okay?
Fingon's right. We'll have Matimo back in no time.
 
*Curufin shrugs while still lying down, which looks a little weird*
Eh. I’ve felt worse. Not by much, but still.
M: I'm glad your not seriously hurt!
Tancaquárë: *arriving* Hello, all. Ulmo told me some strange things were afoot, and I followed him here. Something about my in-laws getting themselves into serious trouble again. Therefore, I suppose I have come to lend my aid.
*Maglor nods politely* We appreciate the help.
*Maglor sends an obnoxious but signature amount of hearts in the group chat, hoping Maitimo hadn't lost his phone already*

M: We should meet up with Ingwë and his party before we get to Angband. We don't want the parties to be separated because that could lead to confusion. I doubt we'll have the advantage of numbers, but the more on our side the better . . .
*He started walking north mindlessly as he mumbled different tactics to himself, forgetting to check if the others were ready*
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…