• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
*I assume they follow the same route as Curufin, coming out at the same spot*
(Yeppers! 😁)

*Fingon breaks the surface of the water, gasping for air and then coughing when the stench registers in his lungs like a squeezing hug. He looks around for Maglor, and when he sees him bob up a little ways off, he swims over and accompanies him to shore.*

*Standing up, he wrinkles his nose at the odor, but otherwise manages to compose himself as he begins to wring his hair and tunic out.* Sorry for the push, but it was the only way. I’m not letting you miss out again this time.

*Pulls his small harp out of his haversack and gives it a good shake to remove water from it. He feels a hot gust of air blow past them, and peers down the mouth of a tunnel.* They probably went that way. We should follow the—

*He hears a splash in the water behind him. Turning around, he sees a raccoon swimming after a floating fedora and an elleth following him.* Well, I guess we’ve got more company for the rescue party. Over here, uh, Tyelko! I really hope that’s actually him, if what Pityo told me was true…


Meanwhile, back above ground…
Amrod: *tugging on Finwë’s sleeve* Haru Finwë, you have to tell Ingwë everybody split off and jumped down a rabbit hole! Apparently Angband is in Wonderland!
 
(OOC: Between all the different rescue parties poor divided Maglor is starting to feel like a child of divorce... 😂 )
(Lol)
Sorry for the push, but it was the only way. I’m not letting you miss out again this time.
M: I know . . . 😭
M: At least some of us have stayed together I suppose. *He rings out his hair on the shore, trying not to think about where the awful smell was coming from*
 
*Both Aranya and Maitimo shudder*

Maitimo: DON'T. TOUCH. HER. *He struggles against his bonds*

Aranya: His name is NOT that cursed word! And I'm not little!!

Maitimo: You kind of are.

*All three of them gag*

Fëanor: *grimly* So this is what you endured for thirty years?

Maitimo: Oh, this is tame. They haven't made us eat it yet.

*Morgoth comes out of the kitchen again.* Here come the fish and chips! *puts out a plate of cold anchovies straight from the can, and cheap potato chips*
 
*Both Aranya and Maitimo shudder*

Maitimo: DON'T. TOUCH. HER. *He struggles against his bonds*

Aranya: His name is NOT that cursed word! And I'm not little!!

Maitimo: You kind of are.
*Thuringwethil cackles.* But it’s the name we gave him! He loved it every time we called him Russamól, didn’t you, Russamól? *She toys with his red hair.*

Don’t worry though. We can give you a name just as nice too, and one for the former king over here. *Glances at Fëanor and grins with her fangs.*

Hooray! Playtime! *Sticks an anchovy on her claw and uses it as a puppet to “talk” to the prisoners, wiggling it in front of them.* Hello! We’re going to have sooo much fun together!
 
Alright, Fingon. Knowing Haru Finwe that'll be a bit of work. *yells into the hole* Good luck down there
Pityo, it's not a rabbit hole. It's clearly much larger than any rabbit, and I don't think Morgoth has been breeding giant mutant rabbits. But yes, can you call Ingwe and tell him the others found a route into Angband and that we're waiting for him here?
 
*Finwe looks bewildered*

Finwe *bewildedly*: Angband is in wonderland? I would never have thought it...
Finwe *frowning*: If its not a rabbit hole, then why did Amrod say it was? Although, I must say, it does look a bit big for a rabbit hole.

Finwe: I'll call Ingwe now.

*Dials Ingwe's number. Phone calls Ingwe*
 
*Handmaiden has disappeared, to be incarnated in whatever pit new balrogs arise from. The plan is for her to open Angband's gate from the inside. The others set off to find said gate.*
*After a long conversation with his old friend Finwë, Ingwë snaps the Teleriphone shut.*

Ingwë: Alright, everyone. Follow me, Finwë's told me the way.
Ilwen: Are you sure, darling? It's been a long time since you adventured...
Ingwë: *testily* Oh yes, you're right, maybe we should make sure old Ingwë's not lost his marbles. Do you want to ask me who the king is, check if I remember?
Ilwen:...
Ingwë:
Hmm, oh no, what tough one! I can't quite...oh wait, I'M THE KING. I am perfectly capable of discharging all my duties, and I say we're going this way, chop chop!
*Ingwë takes out his compass. Its glass glints redly in Denver's luminescence. He turns left at a fork*
Ingwë: This way, team.
*He strides into a wall.*
Ingwë: ?
Ingwë: ??
Ilwen: *timidly* ...darling?
Ingwë: Alright, someone CHANGED THE SHAPE OF THE PLANET? That one is not on me!
 
Last edited:
But isn’t that just a story? Well, if it’s not I imagine they will be in for some interesting times down there. Do you think they met the cat who keeps disappearing yet?
 
*Morgoth comes out of the kitchen again.* Here come the fish and chips! *puts out a plate of cold anchovies straight from the can, and cheap potato chips*
*Laurinlótë looks as flabbergasted as a flower can look.* There's so many things to try! *Eyes the pancakes again, some of which are floating at her side, and then the plate of whatever Morgoth is holding.* Oh, how should I fetch these? *It occurs to her that her flower metabolism could handle whatever the others gagged over.* I'll save them from having to eat those! *Quick as a wink, her golden dust scoops an anchovy and a chip off the plate while the enemies are distracted.* But... the question remains. How to eat these delicacies...? *A genius idea comes to her, and she begins using her dust to dissolve the collected items into absorb-able bits.* This is going to take a while... *Then she laughs.* I think I know what babies feel like playing with food.
 
*Paws forward*
Oh! Hey there cos!
Lindiel, grimacing: couldn't we have snuck in through the roof? I might be the Siren Girl(her superhero name), but even I don't like it here.
 
Ingwë, Ilwen, Denver and a small band of servants journey through the mines to Angband's door, beneath the sea.
As they approach, Denver's hoofbeats slow and he begins to fall behind.


Denver: *whimpers*
Ilwen: We're getting closer, aren't we? To the whip.
*Denver nods mutely*
Denver: Sometimes I get this feeling like I'm hearing it, in the night. But it's just water, falling into pools.
Ilwen:
You hate the sound most?
Denver: Yeah.
Ilwen: More than the feel?
Denver: A lot more.
Ilwen: Is that because...because he used to use it on someone else?
*Denver stops. Ilwen reaches out to touch him, but his heat is too great*
Ilwen: It wasn't your fault, you know.
Denver: Her name was Meneldilmë. She was a fire spirit, I guess, but...not like the rest of us. She didn't burn. She just kind of...glowed, you know? Like fireflies. Or like a boat in a harbour in the night, when you're standing on the shore. She took the curse right in the face, like me. But even when she was a balrog, she wouldn't roar or scream. Not Meneldimë: she'd climb up to the surface in the night, and crawl in the forests, close as she could get to the human camps. She'd wave her glowing tail in the air, and the human kids'd say, 'hey, it's a glowbug!'.
*He walks on again, placidly*
Denver: Morgoth hated her. Always gave her the whip. All she had to do was swallow loudly, or clear her throat, and crack. I guess...I guess he couldn't bear the idea that he'd made something beautiful by accident.
Ilwen: Did you love her?
*Denver shrugs*
Denver: Probably would've done, in the end. We were too young for that. One day, the orcs left the gate of the young balrogs' yard open. Didn't usually matter, because as soon as you got close, the whip'd find you. But I'd sit and stare at it, all the same. Stare at the freedom, let it stare at me. Then I hear this screaming and cracking, and I see the boss whipping Meneldilmë again, in front of eveyrone. I turn to help, but she just gives me this look, like, 'it's ok, go'. He beat her a long time. By the time the whip noticed, I was free.

A great smooth gate rises in a cavern ahead: metal, yet cold and exhaling a vapour, as of ice. Angband.
Ilwen: I'm sorry, Denver. But it'll be alright, you'll see. Balrog's don't just go missing. Odds are, she's waiting for you, just on the other side of that gate.
Denver: Yeah. Maybe.
*Ilwen moves to rejoin the king*
*Denver looks after her silently, then walks away.*
 
But isn’t that just a story? Well, if it’s not I imagine they will be in for some interesting times down there. Do you think they met the cat who keeps disappearing yet?
Amrod: I don’t know if it can disappear or not, but Nelyo did mention there’s a giant talking cat down there. Isn’t that close enough? I’ll have to ask him later if it ever said anything peculiar during his captivity…

*to Finwë* So did Ingwë say if he was going to meet with the others? Where is he now?

*Paws forward*
Oh! Hey there cos!
Lindiel, grimacing: couldn't we have snuck in through the roof? I might be the Siren Girl(her superhero name), but even I don't like it here.
*Fingon raises his eyebrows at seeing this soggy, dressed raccoon, apparently Tyelko, on the ground before him. Then a small smile cracks at the corner of his mouth.* Oh, look how small and cute you are, Tyelko! 😏

*Glances up at the elleth beside Tyelko, and it takes him a moment to recognize her.* Good to see you again too, Lindiel. And no, there are no ways in from above that I’m aware of. Trust me, I would know…

So, assuming Curvo and… I’m guessing Tancaquárë?… both followed this path, we should probably do the same. Stay alert, all of you, for we do not know what horrors we may find down here if this really does lead into Angband. *Gives each of them a glance, then begins to proceed down the tunnel, glancing around into the darkness for any surprises.*


Meanwhile, in Denny’s…

*Thuringwethil is making the smelly anchovy on her claw dance and wiggle in front of the prisoners’ faces, booping them on their noses on occasion. She cackles in delight at their expressions of disgust.* Oh! How fun this is! Lieutenant, you really must try this!

*She tosses him an anchovy, but it just hits him in the face and splats to the ground.* Hehehahaha, you’re supposed to catch it, sir!
 
(OOC: Your Thuringwethil reminds me of one of those witches from Macbeth inhabited by a child! 😂)
 
Ingwë and Ilwen press their ears to Angband's southernmost gate. Three guards are talking on the other side.

Orc 1: I'm loving this new super-secret spy-base thing we're doing. Opening front shops everywhere. I got to arrange chrysanthemums the other day, in the fake BloomNation? Mind. Blown. Did you know that in some countries, it's considered, like, a martial art?
Orc 2: Oh, no way! All I got to do was refuse to exchange underwear at the fake Macy's.
Orc 1: Hahaha
Balrog: Ha.
Orc 2: Makes you wonder who else is doing the same. I mean, what if Mount Taniquetil's just a front for a giant pepperpot, and in summer everyone sneezes and Manwë says its pollen on his winds, but it's actually, like pepper?
Orc 2: And Númenor's that weird shape - what if it's a front for a humongous Unnamed Thing starfish that's gonna swallow everyone one day?
Orc 1: Or what if...what if...*wheezes with laughter*..what if underneath Denny's being a front for Angband, Angband was actually, like, a front for Denny's?
Orc 2: Hahaha
Balrog: *goes squint-eyed in traumatized silence*
Orc 2: Hey balrog, er, what's eating you?
Balrog:
Balrog:
What if my fist was a front for your FACE, PUNK? groooAAARRRR!!
*Handmaiden Balrog smashes the orcs together, then throws the pulp into the wall.*
*Stunned silence*
*Orders. Running. Sound of battle.*
Handmaiden Balrog: *swinging her whip with gay abandon* Hmm, you know guys, this is still a little less fun than I thought.
*Orc screams*
Handmaiden Balrog: Guess I'm not drunk enough to enjoy it yet. *crack, swish* How about I go on the LASH? MUAHAHAHA!
 
(OOC: Your Thuringwethil reminds me of one of those witches from Macbeth inhabited by a child! 😂)
(OOC:
Tiny Macbeth witch: Eye of Newt.
Tyelkoraccoon: No, I don't think Glorfindel's making fun of you. You're very scary.
Tiny Macbeth witch: Eye of Newt!
Tyelkoraccoon: Well if you're that sure, why don't you just go ask him yourself, jeez!
Tiny Macbeth witch: *sulkily* Eye of Newt...)
 
Mairon: *Inhales*
If I could declaw you, I would.

*Turns to Maitimo*
How have you been doing, away from this asylum?

____

Tyelkoraccoon: Yah, you can't call me cute! Only Lind- I mean Siren Girl can call me that!
*Turns to Lindiel, whispering*
Babe you forgot to put on your mask!
Lindiel: well I guess it's the EP when the family finds out about the hero's identity.
 
*Thuringwethil cackles.* But it’s the name we gave him! He loved it every time we called him Russamól, didn’t you, Russamól? *She toys with his red hair.*
Aranya: SHUT UP! He might have red hair but he is NOT a thrall! You keep those vulgar words out of your mouth!

Don’t worry though. We can give you a name just as nice too, and one for the former king over here. *Glances at Fëanor and grins with her fangs.*
*Fëanor has a bit of an existential crisis, wondering what it means now that he's alive again, and so is Finwë. Who is the rightful High King of the Noldor now?*

*He snaps out of his thoughts and yells,* Even the Valar could not hold me hostage in their realm. You will not hold me hostage in yours! I will get out of here and you will rue the day you ever laid a hand on us!

*Maitimo, Aranya and Fëanor watch this in semi-disgusted fascination*

*Maitimo nods his thanks to Laurinalotë, realizing what she's up to.*

Mairon: *Inhales*
If I could declaw you, I would.
Morgoth: *from the kitchen* MAIRON! Be nice to our lovely vampire lady friend! There has never been such a picture of sophisticated grace and elegance!

*an aroma of mayo soup with spinach and mushrooms and raisins drifts out. All the prisoners gag.*

Maitimo: I don't recognize that one. Must be new. 🤢

*Turns to Maitimo*
How have you been doing, away from this asylum?
Maitimo: I've been doing MUCH BETTER THAN I WAS BEING TORTURED AND FORCE-FED ANGBAND FOOD, thank you very much.
 
Thuringwethil: *Feigns shock, then rolls her eyes and smiles maliciously as she pats their heads.* Tut tut now, little ones. You will learn to love it here just as much as Russamól did, and still does.

Morgoth: *from the kitchen* MAIRON! Be nice to our lovely vampire lady friend! There has never been such a picture of sophisticated grace and elegance!
*She titters at the compliment and blushes (if bat-ladies can blush).* Thank you, my lord!

*an aroma of mayo soup with spinach and mushrooms and raisins drifts out. All the prisoners gag.*

Maitimo: I don't recognize that one. Must be new. 🤢
*Inhales the delicious aroma and sighs.* Made specially just for your welcome home party, Russamól!

Maitimo: I've been doing MUCH BETTER THAN I WAS BEING TORTURED AND FORCE-FED ANGBAND FOOD, thank you very much.
*sweetly* Oh, did you miss me force feeding you? *narrows her eyes and gives a fang-filled grin* Don’t worry, we’ll get to that soon enough, and your friends can have fun too.

*sees the flower in his hair* Oh, what a pretty flower we have here! *peers and pokes at it*
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…