• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
(OOC:
Jail-break from the Jail-Crow of Mandos!!!!!
Love this Glorfindel ❤️


I think my greatest emotional investment in this thread so far is someone accidentally smacking Fingon...SHE'S EVERYONE'S CHEERLEADER HOW DARE YOU, YOU FISHSTICKS🤣)
 
The scent of culinary abominations wafts from the higher levels of Angband. Handmaiden Balrog lifts her ox-like nose to sniff.

Handmaiden Balrog: I smell destiny.

Then, an unspeakable multiplicity of howls from a distant tunnel. Balrog reinforcements are on their way.

Ingwë wipes his sword. The whole party is now inside the gate. But Denver hangs back alone, swishing his tail.


Ilwen: Come on, Denver. It'll be two balrogs against two dozen, if we wait!
Denver: You'd better move on, guys. The longer your friend's in balrog form, the stronger the whip's conditioning. She won't be on your side forever.
Ingwë: Come with us. They'll be scouring the tunnels, you'll be alone.
Denver: I can't.
*he turns away*
Handmaiden Balrog: *growling low* They're getting close. I smell 'em.

Over Ingwë's protests, Ilwen goes back and talks to Denver in a low voice.

Ilwen: What about Meneldilmë, Denver? We're going to find her, remember?
*Denver coils his tail in the air around her wrist, not wanting to burn her.*
Denver: I found her a long time ago.
Handmaiden Balrog: *calling* We have to go! Ma'am!*
*
But Ilwen doesn't budge*
Denver: After what happened...Morgoth never forgave her. Punished her something nasty, you know? Sent her to the front of every battle. Made her handle every torture.
Ilwen: But how can you know that, Denver?
Denver: Because I watched. Dagor Bragollach. Nírnaeth Arnoediad. I was there, lying in the ash. And she was always at the front, whippped on, whipped on faster than the others. Far away, in smoke.
*Balrogs burst into the cavern, in a lather of fire and hate*
Ingwë: *distant* Utumno's bells! Handmaid! You take the left, don't let them get behind us!
*clash of swords and whips*
Denver: Only one more time, I saw her face. Fall of Gondolin, it was. She raced out, ahead of the pack, like a dart from a golden bow. I see her melt the snow around. I see her fight, fight like a mother mouse, and never retreat. Not even when they speared her, not even when the fight was done. So I say to myself, 'hey, why didn't she go back with the others?' And I go to look. And then, see, I find her at last. In the hills, lying in this gorge. Meneldilmë, in a pool of melted water and green grass and sweet springtime, all out of season. But she herself - she ain't warm, no more. You ever touch a cold balrog? Lady, that's something you remember till the Dagor Dagorath.

*For the first time, Denver takes his whip from his side. He unwinds some kind of thread from the whip handle*
Denver: I never knew who did it. Her last wound. All I found was this. Pretty, in't it? This one golden hair.
*he trails it through the air like a dandelion*
Denver: Still a bit warm. Or maybe that's just me.
*Ingwë and Handmaiden Balrog are panting hard, driven back against the walls.*
*Denver growls softly, then louder and louder till the chains of the pulley rattle. The other balrogs pause at the sound*

Denver: Hey, buddies. How you been? Long time no see.
*Their jaws weep.*
Balrog: Denver. Denver escape. Denver no whip. No pain.
Balrog 2: Me pain. Me pain all the time.
Balrog: Kill Denver.
Denver: *shrugs at Ilwen* See, lady, I ain't got much to lose. Good luck, now. Be excellent to each other.

He tears away into the tunnels, cracking his whip. The balrogs follow after him like a river of foxhounds. The cavern clears.
@Glorfindel Goldtress
 
*Maglor held Celeraccon as gracefully as possible with only one arm, and followed Siren girl, pulling himself up as well*
I suppose there's no use in standing around.
 
M: Right. Sure you did.
*Fingon winks at Maglor.* 😉


*Meanwhile, Tauriel has packed up her apron and chef’s hat, and makes her way down the corridor, disappointed she won’t get to join the party.*

*muttering* Well it’s not MY fault the food kept disappearing on it’s own! It’s like it just went poof! Gone. I got a raise. I should have gotten to be at the company party with my twin. And now I have to go back to— HEY!!

*She walks outside and sees the cluster of everyone gathered round.* What are you all doing here?!
 
*Siren Girl flips her hair for no particular reason*

Well well well... what do we have here?
*Celeraccoon Jones squirms in Maglor's hold*
This is the part you put me down bro.
M: Oh! Sorry. *He set him down on the ground* I guess I can't carry you the whole time . . . try not to be underfoot while we fight alright?
*Maglor pulls his longsword out of his travel-bag, stowing the sheath back inside after drawing the simple but finely made blade*
M: Um . . . you wouldn't happen to want to side with us while we free my brother and father would you? That'd be terribly convenient.
....
Sorry, we didn't really want to do this.
View attachment 34820
M: WAIT CANT WE TALK ABOUT THIS. TYELKO.
 
Tauriel: *Muffled screaming as she struggles to pry this angry raccoon off her face.*

Fingon: Tyelko, let her breathe!!
*Celeraccoon does a back flip and throws Tauriel on the ground*
I did.
Siren Girl: I thought you didn't hit women?
Celeraccoon: that was for when I was an ellon. I'm a wild animal now. I can do whatever I want.
 
*Maglor firmly grabs Celeraccon around his furry middle, and yanked him away from Tauriel*
M: TYELKO, THAT IS BAD MANNERS
*Celeraccoon does a back flip and throws Tauriel on the ground*
I did.
Siren Girl: I thought you didn't hit women?
Celeraccoon: that was for when I was an ellon. I'm a wild animal now. I can do whatever I want.
(OOC: Oh, the joys of incontinuity! 🤣)
 
*Celeraccoon does a back flip and throws Tauriel on the ground*
I did.
Siren Girl: I thought you didn't hit women?
Celeraccoon: that was for when I was an ellon. I'm a wild animal now. I can do whatever I want.
M: Wild animals don't speak or wear little hats and jackets. *He shook his head at the Racoon disapprovingly*
(OOC: Oh, the joys of incontinuity! 🤣)
(Tyelko can flip her first, then Maglor pries him off.)
(we ninja'd each other I think, lol)
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…