• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
(Sounds good! They’ll have to pardon the dust; it seems to have suddenly become allergy season in the restaurant… )

What a journey! I feel as if the TTF Cinematic Universe has spent about 20 individual films building up to this ensemble moment 😂)
(Indeed! So much has happened over the last week— our grandest adventure yet! My mind has thankfully been able to keep track of all the details, so despite the chaos I know what’s going on and who’s where doing what. 😅)

(I have no idea what's going on anymore, so I'm kind of just waiting for my characters to get rescued, tbh!)
(The Evil Trio are supposed to be incapacitated with allergies from Laurinalótë’s gold dust for the moment, and she freed the prisoners by releasing their bonds, just before Thuri had been about to feed Fëanor pie. Curvo and Tancaquárë snuck in from the back and are peeking out from the kitchen door, urging Maedhros and Co. to follow them. So, by all means, you guys can follow them out.

The Mysterious Strangers and their service Balrog also just entered the room, and the lady was passing out candy to everyone. Real, edible sweets! She’s currently offering them to Morgoth and Mairon.)
 
(By the way, has anyone heard of the Listeria epidemic that's broken out in the Midwest due to deli meat? Our Chaoticness is having unintentional side effects!😅)
(No, I hadn’t! Apparently Morgoth’s Angband Menu has more power than we realized! Apologies, people of the Midwest! 😅)


Back Behind Denny’s…
*Tauriel has finally gotten over her shock from the traumatic raccoon attack and is ready to talk again.* Listen, I know you guys wanted to come and visit me, and that’s nice and all, but you could have given me some warning!

Now’s not really the time, though… *she sniffles, tearing up* Food disappeared from under my nose, I just got transferred to being a model again, and now I have to miss the company party of the year in there! 🥺


Inside Denny’s…
*Thuringwethil’s still screeching as she tries to scrape her face clean, to no avail.* AHHRGH!!! Whose bright idea was it to bring spring pollen into the restaurant?! WAS IT THAT FLOWER RUSSAMÓL WAS WEARING?!?! I’m going to EAT IT… if I can find him first. *Blindly flapping around looking for the prisoners, she accidentally crashes into Mairon from behind.* I found him!


Meanwhile, Back Above Ground…
*Hugs them both tightly*
Finwe: *reassuringly* I'm sure the others will be alright without us. They'll find some way to rescue Maedhros, Feanor, and Aranya.
*Amrod snuggles into the hug with Amras and Finwë for a minute, enjoying being with them once more. An idea suddenly pops into his head though, and he shifts so he can look Finwë in the face.* Haru, do you know how to cook?
 
Finwe: *suprised* Cook? I guess I can cook well enough...I mean, its been a while since I have, but I expect I can still do it. Why?
 
Finwe: *suprised* Cook? I guess I can cook well enough...I mean, its been a while since I have, but I expect I can still do it. Why?
I think I know where he's going with this. Do you want to try and make proper food for the others for when they get out?
Amrod: *nods in affirmation, making eye contact with his twin* I was thinking at least a welcome home cake, but we could probably make more food too, since everyone will be hungry. It could be our way to help them.
 
The Mysterious Old Man glides towards an empty booth, his silver-grey cloak trailing on the ground. He and the Mysterious Old Woman seem to breathe the flower dust with relish, as if they have spent long years in golden summer gardens.

The cloak wafts by the prisoners' chairs, where their hands, newly released, are still clasped behind their backs. Quietly, it leaves a captured orc blade in each one.


Happy the Service Balrog: Hachoo!
Mysterious Old Woman: Bless you.
Happy: Ow!
*A few seconds later*
Happy: Hachoo!
Mysterious Old Woman: Bless you.
Happy: Ow!!
Happy: *whispering* Stop blessing me, ma'am, technically I'm Evil right now!
 
I think I know where he's going with this. Do you want to try and make proper food for the others for when they get out?
Amrod: *nods in affirmation, making eye contact with his twin* I was thinking at least a welcome home cake, but we could probably make more food too, since everyone will be hungry. It could be our way to help them.
Finwe: Thats a great idea! Lets fetch some ingredients for the cake first, shall we?
 
M: Oh you poor thing! We'd love to help you find the food but . . . some of our family has been kidnapped.
M: Maybe we could help each other out? 😉
 
*Fëanor, Aranya and Maitimo are all a little disoriented from the dust and the knives and everything*

Aranya: *examining the knife* I'm not sure I can handle this temptation to break my Healer's Oath, guys.

Fëanor: Here. *takes the knife from her*

Maitimo: Uh, Dad, what do we plan on doing with these? Our bonds are already cut, and we're severely outnumbered by the Denny's employees and Orcs and everything, and they have better weapons than us.

*they see Curvo and Tanca waving at them from the kitchen*

Aranya: Oh, good, help is finally here!

Maitimo: *still lecturing Fëanor* Notice how they're not coming out to us even though our enemies are all blinded by this flower power stuff? Indicates there's still danger.

Fëanor: You don't need to tell me what to do.

Maitimo: Given that you died five minutes after setting foot in Beleriand, and I survived almost till the end of the First Age and only died because I killed myself... yes, I do need to tell you what to do.

Fëanor: ...

Aranya: So, what's the plan? Do we make a run for it?

Fëanor: I think we have to! Curvo said to hurry!

Maitimo: Alright, let's try, but slowly and carefully. We did just get knocked out a few minutes ago.

Aranya: *nods* You might both be dizzy, off-balance, and nauseous. I mean, I'm sure we're all nauseous from these smells, but still.

Fëanor: I'M FINE. Do I look like the sort of person who's incapacitated by a little bump to the head? *he jumps up and starts running, but is immediately overcome with dizziness and splats on the ground, dropping his knives a few feet away.* Ow...

Maitimo: See? 🙄

*He and Aranya stand up slowly. He winces from the pain in his head, and Aranya offers him her arm for balance. They inch along slowly, and Fëanor picks himself up off the floor and joins them. Aranya holds her arm out to him too. They continue this inching pace, but then Morgoth, covering his eyes and screaming, barrels into them before they can move out of the way. They all splat on the ground, though Maitimo manages to break Aranya's fall by pulling her against his own body.*

All three of them: Ow.
 
*hearing this, Curufin realises they might need some help*

*he calls behind him to Maglor, Fingon and the others*
Hey! I don't think they're able to run, come and help me.

*he and Tancaquárë walk in to meet them*

Curufin: *helps Fëanor to get to his feet again* The others should be on their way.
*Fëanor is now leaning on Curufin as they slowly head towards the kitchen entrance*

Tancaquárë: *helps Aranya up, then holds out her hands to Maedhros to do the same*

(Tancaquárë is strong, but I expect both she and Aranya will help Maedhros up, and he will be able to lean on them to walk [with Tancaquárë taking more weight], at least until they get out of this room, or one of the others comes to help)
 
*he calls behind him to Maglor, Fingon and the others*
Hey! I don't think they're able to run, come and help me.
M: Right, I'm coming! *He decided to leave Tauriel to Fingon, and ducks through the kitchen onto the restruant floor. He jogged up to the fleeing party, preparing to cover thier escape.*
 
M: Oh you poor thing! We'd love to help you find the food but . . . some of our family has been kidnapped.
M: Maybe we could help each other out? 😉
Tauriel: Oh, Maedhros? My twin wasn’t kidnapped. No, he and his family are sitting in the VIP (Very Important Prisoner) section, guests of honor for the company party. I was tasked with helping cook the foods—

*bares teeth*
What food were you making, exactly?
*innocently* Ah, well, the standard fare for Denny’s: pancakes, toast, coffee, soup, similar foods of the like. Great food, great food, five stars if I do say so myself! There would have been plenty to spare, if all the extra food hadn’t disappeared suddenly! It’s like it got up and danced away! Mr. Gothmore wasn’t too pleased when I told him about it.

*he calls behind him to Maglor, Fingon and the others*
Hey! I don't think they're able to run, come and help me.
*Fingon, realizing for the first time Curvo and Tanca had disappeared, overhears him calling inside Denny’s.* Tauriel, sorry to interrupt, but it sounds like the party’s gotten a bit out of hand in there and they need our help!

*He follows Maglor into Denny’s and stops, taking in the chaos. There’s gold dust flying everywhere, there’s a large bat lady on the ground screeching on top of an irritated Thauron, there’s an old couple and a Balrog in a corner booth, and then he sees Curvo and Tanca trying to help up Maitimo, Aranya, and Fëanor. Morgoth is missing. Giving Maglor a nod, he rushes over to assist Tanca and Aranya with Maitimo.*

Hope we weren’t too late this time!

*Thuringwethil on the ground freezes, then lifts her head as she sniffs the air. She sneezes a cloud of gold dust.* I smell… other Elves in the room!!
 
*Fëanor, Aranya and Maitimo are all a little disoriented from the dust and the knives and everything*
*Laurinalótë rubs her leaves in Maitimo's and Curufin's hair to simultaneously send out soothing calm to each Elf present. Because, of course, she isn't limited to just the head of hair she's in. The three escapees plus the rescue-adventurers slowly recover from the ordeal.* Would flying be an easier option? I know it takes an effort of will to do so, but as long as my dust permeates this place, you each have the ability to do so, if you would.

*Laurinalótë studies the other occupants in the room from her window vantage point while she waits expectantly for the foretold raccoon to consume the rest of the dissolved concoctions. Noting the absence of the Big Bad Number One, she also takes in the amusing sight of Big Bad Number Two flailing under a vampire bat. She sidles along the window right above an old couple and a Balrog chilling in the corner, wondering if they were going to have a showdown eating a "Breakfast of Champions." She floats the rest of the mayo-mushroom-spinach-something soup onto their table, just in case. As she watches, she reminisces about her lady and lord undoubtedly waiting for everyone to return to the out-of-time Hithlum fortress. Her petals form a smirk as she murmurs aloud.* If they say our adventure was un-Denny-ably fated, I'm giving this place a 0.0625/5 rating for its pun-worthiness.
 
Last edited:
As the prisoners' escape becomes obvious, and Thuringwethil sounds the alarm, one orc grabs a carafe of water from a table and throws it in his stinging eyes. Another grabs the washing-up hose and begins spraying his comrades' faces clean. The dripping minions draw their blades.
Meanwhile, in the corner, some people are having a splendid day out.

Mysterious Old Woman: *holds the menu at arm's length and squints* I cain't see nuthin'. Where are my glasses?
Mysterious Old Man: Sitting on your head, like always, mother.
Mysterious Old Woman: *beaming* Well, that's much better.
Sees her jar of sweets sitting on the table.
Mysterious Old Woman: Oh, lawsy mercy! *holds jar at arm's length* Why Papa, these ain't my honey-dandelion-chocolates at all! These are my super-strength blood-thinners - the ones Ulmo has to borrow to unclog his geysers!
Mysterious Old Woman turns round. For some reason, she's smiling.
Mysterious Old Woman: You folks are all immortal, right?

A big orc steps out of the line and taps Mairon.
Orc: Er...boss? Could you please ask the scary lady what the active ingredient is? I think I might be contra...contraindic...
*Sound of large numbers of people collapsing and blades ringing on the ground*
Mysterious Old Woman: Waiter, I think some people went and dropped their knives there, would you be a darling and pick those up?
Ingwë: *stands and throws back his hood* For Maedhros! Chaa- oh the soup is here, just a mo.
*dainty slurp*
Ingwë: CHAAARGE!

(OOC: Not to neglect the prisoners other than Maedhros, but that was the extent of the information this party was given, and their eyesight is terrible 😁 )
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…