• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
M: That was brilliant Miss Balrog! What is our plan now that we've found him? We ought to be returning soon, Nelyo will never forgive me if I miss the wedding.
Handmaiden Balrog bows graciously to Maglor
Ilwen: *overhearing* Wedding? Whose wedding! I love weddings!
Ingwë: I prefer funerals. You don't have to think of anything witty to say to people, and then after a few years the chap comes back from Mandos anyway.
Handmaiden Balrog: It would be good to know if we're invited. Weddings are a lot of work for handmaidens. Especially when their hands have recently been transmuted into giant fiery claws.
Ilwen: Oh dear, what if we are invited? We don't have a gift!
Handmaiden Balrog: *picking up a Denny's Dutch Oven* Some of this cookware is pretty good.
 
M: Isn't that . . . .
. . . theft?
 
M: Isn't that . . . .
. . . theft?
Ingwë: *claps Maglor on the back* The boy is absolutely right. No number of crimes, no depth of wickedness in our enemy justifies one single act of evil in ourselves. That is the will of Eru.
*Handmaiden Balrog looks crestfallen*
Handmaiden Balrog: Well, what do we give them as a wedding gift, then?
Ilwen: I wonder...now, shoot me down if it's silly, but...you don't suppose we could give, well, Morgoth, could we?
*everyone stops in their tracks*
Ingwë: Hair Commander, sir, you don't have any of those sparkles left, do you? We're going to need some decoration.
Handmaiden Balrog: *closing Morgoth's supine fingers around the Dutch Oven* And he was holding this weapon when we arrested him! He was holding it!
 
(Don't worry, Grand-@Ent , you're about to get plenty of incomprehensible nonsense momentarily!)

Morgoth: I regret to inform all the ladies and gentle-Elves here that, as much fun as Angband Denny's is, it was only a pop-up, a mere temporary business operation. It's time for us to move on to another location!

*He snaps his fingers, and the entire restaurant literally folds up on itself until it is the size of a small cube. Morgoth puts it in his man-bag-- IT'S NOT A PURSE, MIND YOU-- and he and all other Baddies promptly disappear. Any of the Good Guys who were there find themselves returned home along with Finwë, Fëanor, Maitimo and Aranya, Amrod and Amras, Curvo and Tancaquarë, and co. Maitimo and Fëanor have had a nice nap at this point and so they are feeling improved. They might not appreciate loud noises very much, though.*

*Fëanor is talking over the Palantír with somebody.*
May I get the name of who exactly ordered this?! What do you mean it's confidential?! Well, I'd like it canceled, because I don't know who got the idea that the wedding is today-- WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NON-CANCELLABLE WITHIN 24 HOURS OF THE EVENT?!

*Maitimo and Aranya walk in. Maitimo's hair is intricately braided thanks to Laurinalotë and Aranya*

Maitimo: Who are you talking to, Atar?

Fëanor: SOMEBODY-- and I don't know who, but they'd better fess up-- ordered a CIRCUS to come perform at your wedding celebration! And further, whoever ordered the circus troupe thinks the wedding is today!!!

Maitimo: Ah, yes. Clowns, Oliphaunts, cotton candy, and that obnoxious "March of the Gladiators" tune blasted on brass instruments. Exactly what Aranya and I want. 🙄 Who ordered it? Is this a prank?

Fëanor: It's got to be. *Ignoring his still-healing concussion, he yells in his booming Dad Voice at the group* WHO ORDERED THIS NON-CANCELLABLE, NON-REFUNDABLE CIRCUS?! Come clean unless you want me to interrogate you all one by one!!!
 
*Fingon finds himself a little dazed to suddenly be back home, but is grateful everyone is safe and the danger is gone.*

*Ereinion runs outside, totally unaware of everything that has transpired here.* Atya, Atya! Is the circus here yet? I heard lots of voices!

*He stops when he sees everyone looking at him.* What?
 
*Curufin and Tancaquárë are still sitting next to each other at one of the tables*

Curufin: *deadpan, massaging his forehead tiredly* Well, it wasn't me. I didn't have the time, what with all the looking for people, and getting lost, and wandering underground for ages, and going right back into wandering underground in order to look for people—again!—and getting them back here. With help from my dear Anca and a merciful Ulmo, which I very much appreciate.

*lays his head on the table*
Anca: *pats it*
 
Fingon: Ereinion, what circus are you talking about?

Ereinion: I was getting bored without you, so I called up the circus hotline. Told them to be here today.

Fingon: All for Maitimo and Aranya’s wedding?

Ereinion: Uncle Maitimo’s getting married? Yay! No, when the robot voice on the phone said to hit a number for the type of occasion, there wasn’t one for “Boredom,” so I just picked a random number. I guess I chose “Wedding”?

Fingon: *raises his eyebrows and tries to suppress a laugh* And does your ammë know about this?

Ereinion: …No. 👀
 
Fëanor: If this was a mere childish accident, would someone care to explain how it got charged to MY credit card, and why Nelyafinwë and Aranya were named as the recipients of the special event?!
*Amras shakes his head, chuckling softly* I suppose Ereinion figured it would be discovered sooner if he used Fingon's, though how he knew yours, I have no idea.
 
Fëanor: If this was a mere childish accident, would someone care to explain how it got charged to MY credit card, and why Nelyafinwë and Aranya were named as the recipients of the special event?!
Amrod: *helpfully* I can’t answer your second question, Atar, but as to your first, did you leave your credit card lying out on a table again? Where little hands can reach??

*Winks at Amras, remembering similar things happening with them when they were Elflings.*
 
Fëanor: Ah... I ought to be suspicious of you, Telufinwë, and your twin. You two were always up to antics like this back in the day!
*Amras looks away* I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about. It's not as if we ordered 500 cartons stuffed full of chocolate bars, or anything along those lines. Nope, never happened.
 
*Amras looks away* I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about. It's not as if we ordered 500 cartons stuffed full of chocolate bars, or anything along those lines. Nope, never happened.
Amrod: Never! We wiped our hands clean of such a thing. 🙂

*aside, to Amras* …Because our hands were covered in chocolate!
 
Amrod: *helpfully* I can’t answer your second question, Atar, but as to your first, did you leave your credit card lying out on a table again? Where little hands can reach??
Fëanor: That's ridiculous, my wallet with my credit card is right here-- *reaches for his back pocket and pales when he finds nothing there*

*Amras looks away* I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about. It's not as if we ordered 500 cartons stuffed full of chocolate bars, or anything along those lines. Nope, never happened.
Fëanor: You WHAT?!

*He quickly pulls up his bank app on his phone and checks his credit card activity* AMBARUSSAR!!!!

Maitimo: *tiredly* I'm just wondering where they put the chocolate.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…