• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
Amras: Kano, do you really expect them to believe a tiny elfling committed credit card fraud to watch the circus? He'll make the big puppy dog eyes and act all innocent.
Fingon: To be fair, he didn’t do the fraud part on purpose. It’s not like he was trying to be Fëanor. He just used what he found to order a whole circus a way to solve his boredom. WHICH, I am not condoning as appropriate behavior. His ammë and I will have a talk with him later about this.

…But, seeing as how the circus is already here, couldn’t we enjoy it just a little? 👀 *trying to not let on he’s excited to see everything too*

We could ask them for accommodations so it’s not as annoying for some of you.
 
Amras: Kano, do you really expect them to believe a tiny elfling committed credit card fraud to watch the circus? He'll make the big puppy dog eyes and act all innocent.
Kano: We don't have to give them all the details, just explain that it was a mistake and get a refund for Atar . . .
 
…But, seeing as how the circus is already here, couldn’t we enjoy it just a little? 👀 *trying to not let on he’s excited to see everything too*

We could ask them for accommodations so it’s not as annoying for some of you.
*In a vain attempt, Amras tries to hold back laughter at his cousin's antics. Did Findekano really think they couldn't tell what was happening merely because he wasn't bouncing around like Ereinion? His 1000-megawatt smile gave it away, if nothing else.* It would be pretty fun, and I'd hate to see the kid disappointed. What do you say, Nelyo? *He raises an eyebrow at his twin to get him to help with convincing their older brother.*
 
Last edited:
Doo-bee-doo-bee-doo-bah! Doo-bee-doo-bee-doo-bah! (To the tune of Perry the Platypus Theme.)
(I recognized the tune before you specified it! 😂)

His ammë and I will have a talk with him later about this.
Fëanor: A talk? He needs to be grounded!

Maitimo: He's not your kid, Atar.

Fëanor: But I don't feel a talk is sufficient to remedy theft, and this damage to our sanity!

Maitimo: *rubbing his forehead as the brass instruments draw closer* I guess I don't disagree, especially on the sanity point...

What do you say, Nelyo? *He raises an eyebrow at his twin to get him to help with convincing their older brother.*
Maitimo: I'm not the one you should ask, given that Atar is present and he's the one who involuntarily paid for it.

*A tiny car pulls up, and a dozen clowns tumble out of it, giggling as one of them plays Entry of the Gladiators on a trumpet*

Clown 1: Where's the special bride and groom??!! 🤡 *runs up to Maitimo and Aranya, with his giant clown shoes making annoying flip-flop sounds, and he honks his nose horn in Maitimo's face*

*Maitimo winces and looks extremely deadpan*


(You guys can feel free to play more of the clowns, and give them clown names if you so desire!)
 
*Laurinalótë begins practicing acrobatics in Maitimo's and Curvo's hair.* Doo-bee-doo-bee-doo-bah! Doo-bee-doo-bee-doo-bah! (To the tune of Perry the Platypus Theme.)
Fingon: Looking good, Laurinalótë!

(And great choice of tune to practice with!)

Fingon: First of all, Uncle, my son didn’t steal your card. You— albeit accidentally— left it laying around where anyone could find it, including Elflings. He didn’t mean any harm in ordering a circus.

Second, I know for you a simple talk isn’t enough, but it is in our family. We’ll make sure he learns not to use other people’s credit cards without permission.

Third, I’m sure they’d be willing to accommodate so your sanity isn’t driving off the walls. I think… 👀

Maitimo: I'm not the one you should ask, given that Atar is present and he's the one who involuntarily paid for it.
Amrod: Atar, please??? You never took us to a circus when we were Elflings. We missed out on so much! Telvo and I promise we won’t eat too much cotton candy! 🥺

*Fingon winces too, seeing the reaction on Maitimo’s face.* I still wonder how they found out about you and Aranya, though…

*he approaches the clown* Hey, um, Mr. Clown, how about we—

Clown: *cheerfully* Winkles.

Fingon: W-what?

Clown: My name is Mr. Winkles!

Fingon: Oh, okay. Um, Mr. Winkles, how about we go over here, and you can show me— *another clown comes up from behind and smacks a pie in his face*

Fingon: … 😂
 
Second, I know for you a simple talk isn’t enough, but it is in our family. We’ll make sure he learns not to use other people’s credit cards without permission.
Curufin: Whattt? No cleaning out the gunk in the furnaces? 😱 Mind you, that wasn't much of a punishment for Tyelpë: he often did it anyway without me asking.

*to Ereinion, winking in acknowledgement of the previously sensed craftiness* Be sure to listen to your Atar now...
 
Kano *doing his best to ignore the clowns*: That's a fantastic idea, Atar you've always been good at confrontation as well, why don't you handle them? I'm sure you can just ask for their manager and they'd be happy to oblige.
(I went to the youtube video you linked and some of the comments on the video are hilarious 🤣)
Kano: I agree with Fingon on this one, Atar, I've always thought when it comes to children that a gentle hand is best--especially when it's clear nothing was done out of malice.
 
Last edited:
That's a fantastic idea, Atar you've always been good at confrontation as well, why don't you handle them?
(rofl 🤣)

Tancaquárë: *is playing ping-pong (??) with one of the clowns (???) who looks suspiciously like two dogs and a monkey stacked in a trench coat (????)*

Curufin: *watching them in fascinated bewilderment* I didn't know she could do that.

Tancaquárë: *skilfully flicks the ball up into the air with her paddle just before it hits the ground, and hits it towards the clown's head, knocking off its tall hat*

Monkey: *shrieks and chatters* 😱
*hops down, and the two stacked dogs come down from their hind legs and trot out from the sagging coat to join it*
*the three of them dance in a cheerful circle around Anca, the monkey beating a little drum strapped to its chest*

Anca: *giggles a bit* ☺️

Curufin: *looks at her admiringly, but is still not entirely convinced he isn't dreaming*
 
(I went to the youtube video you linked and some of the comments on the video are hilarious 🤣)
(I'M SO GLAD YOU LOOKED because I was reading them too and they were an absolute goldmine! I think my favorites were "Look at his face. He knows we did him dirty" and "You are not the gladiator. You are the entire colosseum"!)

Curufin: Whattt? No cleaning out the gunk in the furnaces? 😱 Mind you, that wasn't much of a punishment for Tyelpë: he often did it anyway without me asking.
Fëanor: I know, what is the world coming to these days?

Know this, Findekáno, that my main problem here is that you seem to me more amused with this wrong done to me than you seem willing to correct it. It is also rather an annoyance and humiliation to my son and future daughter to have this spectacle performed in their name.

Fingon: Oh, okay. Um, Mr. Winkles, how about we go over here, and you can show me— *another clown comes up from behind and smacks a pie in his face*

Fingon: … 😂
*Maitimo pales in horror* NUH-UH, NOPE, I'M OUT OF HERE--

*One of the clowns fashions a balloon hat and puts it on his head.*

Maitimo: Great, now my hair's going to be all staticky. 😑

*Another clown gives Aranya a balloon flower bouquet*

Aranya: That's kind of cute, actually...
 
Know this, Findekáno, that my main problem here is that you seem to me more amused with this wrong done to me than you seem willing to correct it.
I don't know that he's amused, Atar. That's just what he looks and acts like normally. *long-suffering smile, with eyes glazed over* 🫠
 
*One of the clowns fashions a balloon hat and puts it on his head.*
*Laurinalótë squeezes out from underneath the hat, acrobatics paused.* Hey! I was trying to imitate you clowns!

*Another clown gives Aranya a balloon flower bouquet*
Ah hah! At least this clown appreciates my act.

*Maitimo pales in horror* NUH-UH, NOPE, I'M OUT OF HERE--
*With one hand, the clown continues cleaning Fingon's face. With the other, the clown pulls off his nose.* Haha! I got you!
 
*to Ereinion, winking in acknowledgement of the previously sensed craftiness* Be sure to listen to your Atar now...
Ereinion: *winking back at Curvo because he thinks it’s fun* Okay! 😉

Fingon: Fine, Uncle. I’m sorry Ereinion found your card and used it to order a circus. However, he also said he didn’t tell them about Maitimo and Aranya, so someone else in the know must have modified the reservation. No idea who it might have been, but you can’t blame us for that! 🙂

Amrod: But you look so regal in your balloon crown, Nelyo! 😊

*he goes up to the clown who gave the balloon flower bouquet to Aranya* Excuse me. If I may ask, how do you do that? I find it fascinating how you can just twist a balloon into anything! Can you show me?

Clown: *in a high-pitched humorous voice, grinning* Soiytainly!

*Ereinion crows in laughter watching his Atar become splattered in pie and be played with by the clowns. As he’s standing there, a clown on stilts picks him up from behind and places him on the back of a baby oliphant, to which he squeals in delight.* Atar, look! I’m flying on an oliphant!

Fingon: *his voice muffled behind the clown’s cloth and unable to actually see his son because there’s still pie cream in his eyes* Very cool!

*Mr. Winkles the Clown approaches Maitimo and Aranya, giving a flourishing deep bow.* Would our two lovebird highnesses be gracious enough to take their seats upon the throne we have set up for them?
 
Last edited:
Amrod: Atar, please??? You never took us to a circus when we were Elflings. We missed out on so much! Telvo and I promise we won’t eat too much cotton candy! 🥺
Amras: *In a whisper* It just depends on whose definition of too much we'd be using.

*Amras goes over to another balloon clown and stands watching him for a few minutes, enthralled by his antics. The clown rapidly produces a balloon dessert buffet, a balloon racecar, complete with driver, and a hot-air balloon made out of other balloons. Suddenly, the clown spins around and begins to dance*

Clown: Twisty the Balloonist, that's me! Anything of balloons can be! My trade you like to see! Instead of two, you shall be three!

*With a wink at Amras, Twisty turned away, giggling to himself. Amras tries to peek at what he's making, but the clown prevents him. At last, the clown turns around and reveals his creation. It is a balloon duplicate of Amras.*

Amras: Wow. Hey, Amrod, come check this out! Look's like we're triplets now.
 
(I first read that as 'sticky' and was trying to figure out how balloons are sticky 🤣)
Kano: Very true! We still have a culprit to find in regard to who gave them the event details.

*He says this very seriously, at the same time sidestepping a clown who was trying to put a balloon sunhat on his head. Luckily he was a good head taller then the clown, so dodging was an easy task*
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…