• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
*sighs in the relatable logical character and stares at the camera*
This is a book for smart people, Thuri. It's supposed to be upside down.
*Thuri squints closer at the book* If you say so. I’m not sure how a book about not giving a pigeon a hot dog is going to make you smarter if read upside down, but, you are the lieutenant.

*scoots in closer over Mairon’s shoulder to read too* Mind flipping the book around? It’s right-side-up for me.
 
*Gothmog places a hand over his lower face, his glowing eyes narrow, and the faint flame-crackling noise around him grows louder*
*(yes, he is, in fact, giggling)*
 
*Gwindor the thrall does his absolute best not to roll his eyes. If nerds were so bad then why did the dark lord need so many to build weapons and draw plans for him? -_-*
It's 2025, dude. It's trending to fake being a nerd, let alone actually being one.
Gwindor: Indeed my lord, it is very . . . trendy. *Was it 2025 already? How many years had he been trapped down here?*

Have you been spending a lot of time on those strange crystal ball applications that show you short videos? Maybe such a platform could be used to help the Lord of Dark's predicament? *Gwindor suggested this humbly, he was hoping to prevent another fiery argument.*
Thuri: *shrugs upside down* I just wanted to look at the pictures. The pigeon really wants the hot dog.
Perhaps you would be interested in comic books my lady, they are mostly pictures . . . *Gwindor reached into his sleeve and pulled out a book with a blonde child and a tiger on it, and handed it to Thuri.*
 
Perhaps you would be interested in comic books my lady, they are mostly pictures . . . *Gwindor reached into his sleeve and pulled out a book with a blonde child and a tiger on it, and handed it to Thuri.*
*Thuri flits over to Gwindor and takes the comic book. Flipping through it, her eyes widen* AHhaAhAahaHaHAhAhaHA!!!!!!!!!! This. Is. GOLD!!! I’m taking this. It’s mine now. In return, maybe I’ll give you a special treat later. *she gives a fanged grin and pats his head like a dog’s*
 
*From where he lies in a shadowy corner of Angband, Glaurung lifts his head and stretches his limbs.*

Gold, you say? * Gives the book a side-eye with his head intentionally turned so far his pupils hit the corner of his eyelids, then snorts, blowing smoke over the group* This is not gold. This is leather and paper.
 
*Thuri snorts* What do you know? You’re a big, fat lizard who lays around all day and couldn’t withstand a tiny Elf. I, on the other hand, know a gem when I see one. This book is one such. Get your own book to read!

*she flaps up to the rafters to continue reading*
 
(OCC: I am cracking up!! 🤣)

*Thuri thinks for a second* Rothbart? Rothbart…

…

ROTHBART?! ROTHBAT! *gasps* DADDY!!! *she flits about the cavern erratically looking around*

Where is he, my lord? 🥺
 
(OCC: I am cracking up!! 🤣)

*Thuri thinks for a second* Rothbart? Rothbart…

…

ROTHBART?! ROTHBAT! *gasps* DADDY!!! *she flits about the cavern erratically looking around*

Where is he, my lord? 🥺
Morgoth: I had him wait outside the front door. Can't have any creeps running around here, ya know!

*Nods proudly and gazes around at the vampire bat-lady, flaming Balrogs, the literal dragon, Sauron with his glowing red eyes, and many Orcs*

(EVEN HER FACE MADE ME THINK OF HER ANNOYING VOICE!)
(RIGHT?! Finno and I were talking about this earlier. I was like, GASPE, ODILE IS THURI)
 
*she flaps up to the rafters to continue reading*
*Gothmog had rather enjoyed what he had seen, reading over Thuringwethil's shoulder (not hard when you're like 2-3 times the height of most people here)*

*loath to be parted so soon from the tiger with a lot of good sense, he joins her in the rafters, springing up there with a mighty leap and huddling in a fiery ball upon his perch*
 
*Thuri snorts* What do you know? You’re a big, fat lizard who lays around all day and couldn’t withstand a tiny Elf. I, on the other hand, know a gem when I see one. This book is one such. Get your own book to read!
*Glaurung raises an eyebrow* No Elf can defeat me. *Said in a tone which clearly was the precursor to the Witch-King's famous line*

Now, your brain is clearly very addle-pated. For that  book is neither gold nor gem. Gems are made out of more substantial elements, the likes of which cannot be confined to, again, *Enunciates slowly and exaggeratedly* l e a t h e r a n d p a p e r.
 
*Thuri rolls her eyes* Did you lose your sense of humor when you crawled back here looking like a porcupine? *she snickers in her annoying, batty way* (Thuri likes to mock his loss to the little Elf Princeling.)

I know it’s leather and paper. But it’s what’s inside that’s the treasure! Such HUMOR! Such WIT! Stuff you wouldn’t understand.

*Thuringwethil flies back up to the rafters where Gothmog still sits* I’m trusting you to keep this safe until I return. And— please don’t burn it. We’ll need it later for our book club with our Master and the Lieutenant. And maybe the thrall I took this from.

I’m going to meet with Rothbat! Be back in a bit! *she flies out of the cave*
 
(Thuri likes to mock his loss to the little Elf Princeling.)
(Just so you know, it was Túrin who killed Glaurung, not whichever Elf you're thinking.)

Just remember who you're asking...

*Gothmog slips on his pair of trusty forge gloves so he can flip through the book left lying on the beam*
Thuri seems to think I have no sense of humor, but what she forgets... though I'm right in front of her face... is I'm a dragon. She wouldn't want to get caught up in some friendly fire, now would she? *Blows a spurt of fire Gothmog's way*
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…