• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
*wiggles out of Mandos’ grip and stands up* But I’ve told you, I’m not pretending. People often stop me for a picture and autograph, calling me Maedhros. Why would they mistake me for another? I am Maedhros. Says it on my ID. *picks ID card off the ground and puts it away*

Besides, everyone knows Maedhros loves kids, and they love me! See? *picks up Maeglin and holds him*
 
*Sighs, still in disguise, and turns to Aredhel*

He left....some time ago, I think. Not sure when. But I'm sure he'll be fine, unlike this Maedhros impostor....

*secretly smirks*
 
Wow, uhm, you’re welcome for holding your son. He was a delight for those two seconds. *waves to Lómion and smiles*

And is no one here concerned that this Vala keeps smirking at us? If I didn’t know better, I’d say he’s plotting our doom as we speak and enjoying the thought of it.
 
Our? Mind you with your words. The rest of you are all innocent. The only one here that is guilty of identity theft and being an impostor is you!

*Points to Tauriel*
 
*Aredhel takes a pic of her with Google lens*
Here says that your name is Tauriel...a Silvan from Mir..kwood? Where is this mirkwood anyway? Can't be in Beleriand because there is no place darker the Nan Elmoth in these lands!
Oh there's more! Here says that you fell in love with a ....dwarf? And threatened your king because of it!
It sounds more like one of C brothers rather than Maedhros...
 
*face pales* Wha…? N-no, that can’t be right. You must be viewing some look-alike of me. You know how it is, when people want to pretend to be you and get famous. I never did any of those things, and MOST CERTAINLY never fell in love with any Dwarf! How preposterous!

Here, let me show you the proper results! *pulls up a character mood board for Maedhros that features a corner of her hair and face* See? That’s me!
 
Don’t be so jealous! Those were some of my headshots from a big photoshoot I did a while back. I know it looks different than I do in-person, but that’s because of the Photoshop editing and all. Had to get the lighting just right to capture the mood. We can do one for you too, if you’d like!
 
*Sits in a corner, shaking head, facepalming*

Eru help me....this Tauriel-Maedhros is really disturbing my inner peace and the peace of everybody else here....
 
*walks over and gently puts her hand on Mandos’ shoulder* Don’t feel so depressed, Mr. Vala. We can help your ratings with the Noldor go up too, with some friendly photoshoots. If it worked for me, it can work for you too! *gasps excitedly at new thought* Maybe we can all even do some collabs together!😃
 
*Silently glances at Tauriel and sighs(

Why can't you just learn to love who you actually are, Tauriel, rather than pretending to be someone whom you look up to? You have a purpose and a right to be yourself, and to love yourself.
 
*pauses and reflects thoughtfully on Mandos’ words*

But… I do love being myself. I mean, yeah, sure, it’s had its rough spots, like hanging from a volcano for 28 years, but it hasn’t ALL been bad! Right, brother? *turns to Fingon*

Fingon: Nuh-uh, don’t brother me, lady. You’re asking the wrong Elda to back you up here. Also, Maedhros was hanging there for 30 years, not 28, and he’s never forgotten that.
 
I hadn't meant it in that way....

*Shakes head and sighs, lying down on the couch and closing my eyes in a quiet acquiescence to the complex ways of fate*


(Poor Námo has had enough of Tauriel's antics, I think.... 😅 )
 
*Fingon goes over to Mandos and kneels down to comfort him* *speaks quietly* Don’t worry too much about it. Just let this wannabe Maedhros party princess keep going, and maybe she’ll tire herself of it eventually. It’s not like anybody’s actually believing her, so what’s the harm?
 
*Opens one eye and glances at him wearily, murmuring*

I can only hope that happens, but considering her current level of energy I don't think she's about to stop anytime soon....
 
Not a problem. The real Maedhros won’t be back for some time, so in the meantime, we can humor this poor, confused elleth and have some friendly fun. Find ways to maybe make her tire of the charade quicker.😉

*Fingon turns back towards Tauriel* So, uh, hey- Maedhros, you remember that bet we made a while back, that Aredhel and I won? Don’t you think it’s time we fulfilled that?

Tauriel: *caught off guard* The what now? OH! Uh… sure. That bet. Yeah, let’s do it. You go first.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…