• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
*Sighs softly, simply waiting for everything to play out, as it should, listening to them intently whilst lying on the couch*
 
*Aredhel and celegorm are just done with everything and Lómion looks excited because there's a not mean clone of Maedhros*
Lómion: Mama did you make this one too?
 
Last edited:
*Tauriel kneels down to Lómion’s level* No, little one, I wasn’t made. I was once small, like you. Though I dare say, perhaps not as cute as you are! *smiles playfully at him*

*turns back to the others* What does he mean by asking if his mother made me?
 
*Tauriel narrows her gaze and stares up at him, right in the eyes* You heard me. I said I’m Maedhros. And you are…?
Um, seriously? First of all, you're a She-Elf. Second of all, let's count your hands- let's see, one, TWO! And how about scars? Hmm, zero, based on what I can see. And finally, you are not tall. We might both be redheads but that's where the similarities end.

Fingon: Welcome back, brother! You were missed. Does this mean you are now free of the Oath for good?
Thank you, and I missed you as well, brother! Yep, that's what Mandos said, but I think he left.

Celegorm:well...this is interesting
Aredhel:it is
*They stare at each other and grin*
Aredhel:are you thinking about what I'm thinking about?
Celegorm:yep! We should run a test on them!
WHAT? Do you guys seriously have any confusion about this? I'm not letting anyone do any tests on me. They did plenty in Angband...
 
*waves hand* Pfft. Details. They must not be that big of a deal, because everyone here was believing me, and who I am.

Fingon: We really weren’t.

Thank you, and I missed you as well, brother! Yep, that's what Mandos said, but I think he left.
Well, that’s great news to hear, if you really, truly are finally released from that wretched Oath!😃 It’s too bad he left, though. I would have thanked him for doing that for you. Maybe he’s just resting in his Halls. This lady here was wearing him out!😆

Aredhel:relax cousin! We're just going to ask some questions that only the real Maedhros can answer!
Fingon: Sounds good. And, if need be, there’s also that bet Maedhros needs to fulfill after losing to us. *winks at Aredhel*
 
Aredhel:relax cousin! We're just going to ask some questions that only the real Maedhros can answer!
Oh okay, pretty sure I can do that, then!

*waves hand* Pfft. Details. They must not be that big of a deal, because everyone here was believing me, and who I am.

Fingon: We really weren’t.
Well I'm glad you weren't, brother!

Oh yeah, it was really nice and merciful of him, and to be honest the Halls of Mandos are not all that bad! Glad I didn't have to stay there too long though!

Fingon: Sounds good. And, if need be, there’s also that bet Maedhros needs to fulfill after losing to us. *winks at Aredhel*
Oh, no... I thought you guys had forgotten about that...
 
Well I'm glad you weren't, brother!
How could I ever believe her? I’d know you anywhere, after all we’ve been through together. Honestly, her impersonation of you was pretty poor. She gets points for dedication and spunkiness, though!

Tauriel: You know I’m still standing here, right?!

Oh yeah, it was really nice and merciful of him, and to be honest the Halls of Mandos are not all that bad! Glad I didn't have to stay there too long though!
That’s a relief to hear. I don’t know what I’d do with myself if you were stuck there for an indefinite period of time, or for eternity. You came back at a good time!

Oh, no... I thought you guys had forgotten about that...
Oh, not to worry, brother. I think you’ll be quite pleased with what we’ve come up with for you (or the other Maedhros) to do in fulfillment of your half.😏
 
Oh, not to worry, brother. I think you’ll be quite pleased with what we’ve come up with for you (or the other Maedhros) to do in fulfillment of your half.😏
Oh, interesting... Well, in that case, let's get on with it, shall we?

But what I'd like to know is why you thought it would be fun to impersonate me, random elleth. I don't exactly live the happiest of lives, so what benefit do you get out of attempting to steal my identity, and not even remotely believably so?
 
But what I'd like to know is why you thought it would be fun to impersonate me, random elleth. I don't exactly live the happiest of lives, so what benefit do you get out of attempting to steal my identity, and not even remotely believably so?
It’s nothing personal. A word of advice: Next time you fill out a survey about your experiences staying somewhere, make sure the data is protected. You never know who might be out there trying to steal your information. I’m not saying I did that, but just a warning.👀

Celegorm:Alright! First question!
What is our mother's favorite color?
Easy. Red, of course! Red hair, Fëanorian red…
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…