• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
Oh, no... I knew I should have never left the 1 star review on Yelp for Thangorodrim...

What is our mother's favorite color?
Easy. Red, of course! Red hair, Fëanorian red…
Nice try, stranger, but her favorite color is the glistening white of marble!
 
Because! Your life is SO much more exciting!! And, you’re easy to impersonate on a shallow level with the red hair. It got me my job as a model for photoshoots by saying I’m you.😁
 
Your life is SO much more exciting!!
Exciting is one way you could put it, I guess? I mean I'd describe it as more horrifying and traumatizing!

And, you’re easy to impersonate on a shallow level with the red hair. It got me my job as a model for photoshoots by saying I’m you.😁
Wow, I'm deeply disappointed in all those modeling agents who fell for it then... that's pretty embarrassing...
 
Exciting is one way you could put it, I guess? I mean I'd describe it as more horrifying and traumatizing!
That it may be, but it’s more exciting than my life! Sure, you’ve been through some really bad stuff, but you came from the Blessed Realm! You protect Beleriand! You have friends and family who love you! Why wouldn’t I want to be you?

Wow, I'm deeply disappointed in all those modeling agents who fell for it then... that's pretty embarrassing...
Honestly, they really didn’t care if they had the real Maedhros or not. They just wanted someone who looked similar that they could pass off as you. So, here I am!😁
 
That it may be, but it’s more exciting than my life! Sure, you’ve been through some really bad stuff, but you came from the Blessed Realm! You protect Beleriand! You have friends and family who love you! Why wouldn’t I want to be you?
Okay, now you're making me kind of sad... do you not have friends or family who loves you?

A word of advice, though: Be thankful for your lack of drama and don't take it for granted!

Honestly, they really didn’t care if they had the real Maedhros or not. They just wanted someone who looked similar that they could pass off as you. So, here I am!😁
Wow, okay... kind of insulting that they cared that little, but whatever.
 
Okay, now you're making me kind of sad... do you not have friends or family who loves you?

A word of advice, though: Be thankful for your lack of drama and don't take it for granted!
I didn’t say that. I just said you had them. Of course I have friends and family. Who doesn’t?

Fair enough. I shared a piece of advice with you, and you share one with me.

Wow, okay... kind of insulting that they cared that little, but whatever.
Hey, red hair is red hair, and it’s super rare in an Elf, so they bit. More importantly, like I told the others earlier, “Photoshopping” your scars away really increases your ratings. You’re very popular!
 
I didn’t say that. I just said you had them. Of course I have friends and family. Who doesn’t?
Okay, just checking... If, for some reason, you find yourself alone and in need of friends, do let us know, okay?

More importantly, like I told the others earlier, “Photoshopping” your scars away really increases your ratings.
Oh I'm sure it does. 🙄 I'm sure it would be very nice to have a perfect face again, but at the same time those scars are part of who I am at this point, so to "photoshop" them away seems superficial and shallow.
 
Okay, just checking... If, for some reason, you find yourself alone and in need of friends, do let us know, okay?
Of course, but, I’m okay. I’m fine, you’re fine, we’re all fine! …C-can we just get back to the questions now?!

Oh I'm sure it does. 🙄 I'm sure it would be very nice to have a perfect face again, but at the same time those scars are part of who I am at this point, so to "photoshop" them away seems superficial and shallow.
That’s the industry for ya. They like things pretty and unflawed (not saying anything against you, because you look handsome too). Did I tell you I also did a hair-care commercial as you? It went great!

Fingon: You just never stop, do you?
 
Celegorm:those scars makes you look gangsta bro!
Thanks, I think? They are edgy looking, I suppose.

Of course, but, I’m okay. I’m fine, you’re fine, we’re all fine! …C-can we just get back to the questions now?!
Um... are you sure you're okay? You're not really acting like it. And if there's anything I learned from Thangorodrim, it's okay to let people know when you're not okay.

That’s the industry for ya. They like things pretty and unflawed (not saying anything against you, because you look handsome too).
And that's exactly why my career is in diplomacy and ruling a kingdom and not modeling! I've got too many flaws for them!

Did I tell you I also did a hair-care commercial as you? It went great!
Ugh there's another problem. My hair is curly and yours is straight! Was it a hair straightener ad? 🙄 as if I would EVER straighten my curls!!
 
Thanks, I think? They are edgy looking, I suppose.
Fingon: I agree. As hard-earned as they were, you do look kinda cool and intimidating with them. They’re enough to scare the Orcs off with just one glance! Hm, I wonder if just showing them your picture would have the same effect…🤔

Um... are you sure you're okay? You're not really acting like it. And if there's anything I learned from Thangorodrim, it's okay to let people know when you're not okay.
Fingon: Trust him, lady. He’s learned it the hard way, but he knows what he’s talking about. It’s better to be honest. I can’t even hide it from him when something’s wrong with me, because he’s so good at recognizing these things! Truly, are you okay??

Tauriel: …

Ugh there's another problem. My hair is curly and yours is straight! Was it a hair straightener ad? 🙄 as if I would EVER straighten my curls!!
No, just a hair conditioner. It made my hair so shiny and full! *flips it out, and a random breeze comes along for a moment to blow through it epically*
 
Fingon: I agree. As hard-earned as they were, you do look kinda cool and intimidating with them. They’re enough to scare the Orcs off with just one glance! Hm, I wonder if just showing them your picture would have the same effect…🤔
Start bringing a cardboard cutout of me to battles and all our work will be done!

Yes, he speaks the truth. Had I not opened myself up to Fingon, and my brothers, and Aredhel and Fingolfin, I might never have healed from Thangorodrim. I'm sure- and I would certainly hope- that you have not experienced anything that horrible, lady, but if there is something troubling you, it will not help you to bottle it up inside.

No, just a hair conditioner. It made my hair so shiny and full! *flips it out, and a random breeze comes along for a moment to blow through it epically*
If red hair in and of itself is as popular as you say, why not just model as yourself and not try to claim my identity?
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…