• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
Also... you guys definitely aren't trying to get rid of your minions off me because they're annoying or burdensome or even cursed... right?
Hey, I didn’t even know they existed before either, so if they’ve been causing problems, Aredhel, Celegorm, and Lómion must be doing a pretty good job of keeping them under wraps! (Especially with almost 900 of them apparently living somewhere in the castle!)
 
Lómion: they're pretty tiny! Even tinier than me!
 
Look, I'm just saying, I find it a little suspicious that you guys seem eager to give your minions away despite evidence suggesting they would not be happy in an environment like Himring. If they and you really don't have a problem with it, fine!
 
Yes, as their caretakers you should aim to make their lives easier not harder. I expected you, Tyelko, to be a little more responsible given how well you took care of H- How well... you look after your brother Kurvo!
 
Agreed. Not to mention, did you guys make sure these Minions are perfectly safe, with no hidden side effects? If we are to send some of them home with Maedhros, the last thing I want is to find out that they become little monsters if cared for improperly.

And, because I feel the need to have to mention this, though I really shouldn’t have to, Celegorm- you have not spit on any of them either, correct? After the fiasco of the Maedhros clone turning evil on your account, I don’t want any of your DNA mixing with these Minions, just in case.
 
Yes, as their caretakers you should aim to make their lives easier not harder. I expected you, Tyelko, to be a little more responsible given how well you took care of H- How well... you look after your brother Kurvo!
Not saying you're wrong, Kano, but that's awfully harsh...

This!! Good points, brother!
 
Not saying you're wrong, Kano, but that's awfully harsh...


This!! Good points, brother!
I only want what's best for those minions and our family, Nelyo... taking care of 899 of them is quite the undertaking. And there are dangers everywhere... I expect our journeys are only going to get worse from hereon. Do we really want so many of the little guys in Himring? Come on, brother! I really think you should put your foot down here.



confused Wait... that Elda was a clone of brother's?!
 
I don’t think the idea was to send them all with him, cousin; just a few. Lómion seems too attached to his new friends to send them all away, and frankly, their skills in the kitchen are certainly needed around here.

*confused* Wait... that Elda was a clone of brother's?!
It’s a long story. Suffice to say, Aredhel built it, Celegorm helped but contaminated the DNA with his saliva, and the clone turned evil. We fought with it, and then apparently it was disintegrated by Amaniel. So… yeah, that happened. There’s also a clone of me that we kept, but he’s uh… taking a nap right now.
 
taking care of 899 of them is quite the undertaking.

I don’t think the idea was to send them all with him, cousin; just a few.
Exactly, we were just planning on taking a few, not all of them. But given that I don't know anything about this strange new species, and if dividing the group and taking them to the harsh climate of Himring will be detrimental to them, or if they will bring any mischief to my kingdom, I'm not particularly inclined towards the idea anymore.
 
I don’t think the idea was to send them all with him, cousin; just a few. Lómion seems too attached to his new friends to send them all away, and frankly, their skills in the kitchen are certainly needed around here.
O-Oh. Either way, I don't think the risk of adding "Minion" to the Orcor's menu is worth it. Perhaps we could hire some of the Laiquendi of Ossiriand to help out instead. They can't all hate our guts... right?
This all sounds terribly... sorcerous, cousin. Dare I ask... how did you, Aredhel, and Tyelko plan to use these er... "clones"? And I pray to Eru Ilúvatar that this clone business ended with the creation of your own clone. It has stopped, hasn't it?...
Maitimo's wisdom shines through once more! *smiles and strums a momentous victory melody*
 
Lómion:if you don't want my minions just say so! No need them to call mischief makers!
*Sulks*
*Tauriel, who has been standing there watching all of this, kneels down beside Lómion* It’s alright, little one. If it will make you feel better, I will accept the responsibility of caring for some of your friends. Maybe I can fool my bosses and my king into thinking I’m actually a good cook!
 
Lómion:if you don't want my minions just say so! No need to call them mischief makers!
*Sulks*
Aredhel:my work is not sorcerous cousin maglor... it's pure SCIENCE!
Celegorm:yes it is!
Do not be dismayed, pitya Lómion. I will sing you a song... *strums a tune with his harp*

Cheer up, my little one!
There's no reason to be blue!
You have a gift that no one else has...
And that gift is being you!

You can paint with the colors of the rainbow...
And write with the words of your mind!
You can create with shapes of your imagination...
And inspire with the stories of your life!

You can learn from the wisdom of the elders...
And teach with the curiosity of a child!
You can grow with the challenges of the journey...
And enjoy with the pleasures of the ride!

You can love with the warmth of your heart!
And be loved with the depth of your soul!
You can live with the joy of your spirit!
And be happy with the peace of your role!


So you see, Lómion, you should not be downhearted about having to part with your many minions. There is plenty of life for you yet to live with your family and your friends!
 
*Stares at him in awe and then runs and jump into his arms*
That was a pretty song! Thanks for singing it for me!
 
*Stares at him in awe and then runs and jump into his arms*
That was a pretty song! Thanks for singing it for me!
*smiles warmly and gives him a huggle* Oh my! What a hearty hug! You are quite welcome, Lómion!"

*sits him down on his lap* "Would you like to give the harp a try?" *carefully slides it over to him, smiling* You want your left hand at the top and your right hand at the bottom! Feel free to practice by plucking at the strings, if you like.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…