- Joined
- Nov 28, 2022
- Messages
- 3,750
Of course! Mirror the motions of my hands... I'll slow it down for you. *begins to play the same tune from before, singing the same lines but slower so that Lómion could follow along with the melody* Now, when plucking the strings this time try to use your thumb and first three fingers. Whether gently or firmly depending on the volume and tone you want to create! Let's however aim for a softer and more playful tone! But feel free to practice with it first!*Lómion plucks one of the strings hesitantly*
It is really fun! Can you teach me how to play the song you sang for me?!!
Please!!!
My father always demanded excellence and creativity in his own works... thus, he expected much of the same from his sons. He certainly pushed us then. However, no amount of pushing in Valinor could compare to the day we spoke that accursed Oath. Lómion... don't always do what your Father expects you to! Okay?! *smiling*Aredhel:he does,doesn't he?
How can I forget?! I was so frustrated and Turgon would not stop making fun of me so I smacked him in the head with the harp...good old times~
Very true words, Makalaurë! Had we only known then what the Oath would truly entail...My father always demanded excellence and creativity in his own works... thus, he expected much of the same from his sons. He certainly pushed us then. However, no amount of pushing in Valinor could compare to the day we spoke that accursed Oath. Lómion... don't always do what your Father expects you to! Okay?! *smiling*
True. What’s done is done, and we regrettably cannot change that. However, since you are no longer held to the Oath, you don’t have to commit such deeds ever again, against your better judgement. You are able to work towards amending that which can be done, to do the right thing.Yes, but that doesn't erase the deeds we did in the past. That can never be changed...
*Follows maglor's instructions*Of course! Mirror the motions of my hands... I'll slow it down for you. *begins to play the same tune from before, singing the same lines but slower so that Lómion could follow along with the melody* Now, when plucking the strings this time try to use your thumb and first three fingers. Whether gently or firmly depending on the volume and tone you want to create! Let's however aim for a softer and more playful tone! But feel free to practice with it first!
Lómion: but he gets really mean when I don't listen to him...My father always demanded excellence and creativity in his own works... thus, he expected much of the same from his sons. He certainly pushed us then. However, no amount of pushing in Valinor could compare to the day we spoke that accursed Oath. Lómion... don't always do what your Father expects you to! Okay?! *smiling*
Heh, if only all of our kin felt the same way, Findekáno. Our hands are still stained with their blood... there are many in Valinor who would remind us of our misdeeds though the Valar show us mercy. If not for the solace that the Gardens of Lórien provides, the grief would be unbearable.True. What’s done is done, and we regrettably cannot change that. However, since you are no longer held to the Oath, you don’t have to commit such deeds ever again, against your better judgement. You are able to work towards amending that which can be done, to do the right thing.
Well... Atar asked many things of us, Lómion... some good and some bad, but I remember more the bad things. He asked us to leave our most cherished and beloved home behind, to separate from our wise Ammë, and worst of all to harm anybody who dared to stop us from committing ourselves to the aforementioned Oath. To this day I find it hard to reconcile all of our choices. So you see, Lómion, if only I had said "No Atto! I want to stay with Amilyë!" then, sure, my younger brothers would have laughed at me and my father would have disowned me, but at least I would never have known the hurt of tens of thousands of years! It stays with you, you know... *playfully pokes Lómion's forehead and smiles* You are already a step ahead, since your always at Ammë's side!*Follows maglor's instructions*
Lómion:This is really fun...thank you for teaching me!
Lómion: but he gets really mean when I don't listen to him...
*Looks down at his hands holding the harp*
*Aredhel too watches him with sad eyes*
Lómion: what have your father asked of you to do? Was it a bad thing?
*Lómion giggles*Well... Atar asked many things of us, Lómion... some good and some bad, but I remember more the bad things. He asked us to leave our most cherished and beloved home behind, to separate from our wise Ammë, and worst of all to harm anybody who dared to stop us from committing ourselves to the aforementioned Oath. To this day I find it hard to reconcile all of our choices. So you see, Lómion, if only I had said "No Atto! I want to stay with Amilyë!" then, sure, my younger brothers would have laughed at me and my father would have disowned me, but at least I would never have known the hurt of tens of thousands of years! It stays with you, you know... *playfully pokes Lómion's forehead and smiles* You are already a step ahead, since your always at Ammë's side!
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Are you happy to accept cookies and these technologies?
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Are you happy to accept cookies and these technologies?