• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
Oh good grief. I went through all that awkwardness because Ada was too busy making his Silmarils and Ammë was too busy making sculptures, and you FORGOT everything I told you about what it means to be an adult?!

That explains a lot, I guess...
 
Celegorm: Oh as if the rest of you sorry lot fare any better!
Curufin can barely talk with his son without them starting to throw forge tools at each other!
Caranthir can only sit behind his fancy desk,count his coins and hiss like a cat at Angrod and Arafinwiens!
You and Maglor went on and throw two half elven boys' mother in the ocean and just kidnapped them!
And don't get me started on the twins!
 
Well at least Kano and I are trying to make things right and contain the destruction of the Oath! Not very successfully, I'll admit, but you and Curvo went out and caused problems on purpose. *cough cough kidnapping Luthien*
 
Celegorm: rumors... rumors...
*Aredhel raises an eyebrow*
Celegorm: ...fine. it was my fault that time! Happy?!
Yes, yes I am. I'm proud of you, little brother. I'm still telling Amil all about it if she asks though. I mean... the royal daughter? Really? Couldn't you have just found a nice Noldo to wed instead of pursuing Lúthien as you had?
 
Celegorm: marriage advice? Really?
Your wife literally left you!
 
Celegorm: marriage advice? Really?View attachment 24446
Your wife literally left you!
Mind your words, Tyelko! ...I can't even bear to look at her after all the blood I've spilled! She will never see me the same way again! And yet, my love for her never departed from my heart. I do not expect you to understand the complexity of our life-bond, little brother... but I have to believe that that connection can be reforged once more. It's one of the few things I hold onto.

*carefully puts Lómion down* Go back to your mother now, Lómion. I'm going for a walk... *takes his harp with him*
 
I certainly don't regret my choice to stay away from all romantic entanglements while such a dark fate looms over us. Never mind the crippling loneliness that comes with that!

Anyway, brothers, this has escalated beyond innocent bickering, and I think we should all refrain now from any deeply scathing personal attacks. Agreed?
 
*celegorm watches guiltily as maglor leaves the room*
Celegorm: I messed up big this time didn't I?
*Aredhel glares at him*
Aredhel: you'll go and apologize to him right now!
*Celegorm speeds up to reach Maglor*
Celegorm: wait! ... I...I'm sorry for what I said... you're right...I can never comprehend what you both feel for each other...this was cruel of me to remind you of this and I know this hurt you as much as Huan's abandonment hurt me...
Will- can you forgive me?
I can give back all your desserts?
*Embraces him*
 
Last edited:
Yes, I can forgive you, Tyelko. *lays his hand over Celegorm's own in gratitude* I am also guilty of saying hurtful things and doing far worse, so how can I not forgive you for the same. But your harsh words reminded me of a time before the Oath, which saddens me greatly.

My wife used to sing the sweetest songs while I played my harp. It has been overlong since anybody has sung aloud in my company... let's have a party.
 
Agreed, Maitimo.


Lómion: Party Party Yah!
That's the spirit!


A party is a wonderful idea, Maglor! We could stand to have one of those. I will even bring out my old harp and sing with you, if you like.😁
Yes, I would like that, Cousin Fingon!
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…