• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
Fëanor: You are all of you being excessively ridiculous, and I wish you to cease this nonsense at once. Nelyo isn't dead, and from what I've seen on MandosTV, Findekano put in a lot of effort to make sure that he stayed alive!

Maitimo: Yeah, that's true... I'm sorry, Finno. I just thought Ada was going to kill me, he seemed super mad!
 
(MandosTV?!! Darn it I can't stop laughing 😂😂)
*Celegorm runs to Maedhros and hugs him*
Brother! You're alive!
*Runs to Fëanor*
And father,you're alive too!
This is the best day ever!
*Tears up again*
But Huan is not! I want my hound of Valinor back!
 
*smiling* I wouldn't dare tip the balance of power in favor of one side over the other... rather, I will play a song worthy of this dramatic melee! *proceeds to strum a triumphant tune with his lyre, carefully avoiding getting caught in the crossfire*

*Aredhel joins*
Accept my condolences for your loss ...indeed he was our only hope for a lasting truce with ... well... everyone I guess.
*from glorious triumph to melancholy, Maglor just rolls with it and the tune changes...*

Atar, you're in a foul mood today... *plays his harp at a slow tempo with a smooth and even rhythm to make any who listen too deeply feel increasingly sleepy* ...perhaps you should rest your head.
 
*plays his harp at a slow tempo with a smooth and even rhythm to make any who listen too deeply feel increasingly sleepy*
*Maitimo, being a deep listener and chronically sleep-deprived, falls asleep almost instantly*

*Fëanor, whose listening skills are in serious need of improvement, is completely unaffected*

*turns to Fëanor* So… does this mean you like me now, because I saved Maedhros?
I suppose I now find you... tolerable... for having done such a deed for my son. Yes, I'd say I begrudgingly respect you now. Emphasis on the begrudgingly part.

*Lalwen enters the room and seeing Fëanor there,frowns*
Hello half-brother. Did the Valar get tired of you too and sent you back our way?
Ah, half-sister, so we meet again. Not the most affectionate greeting for your brother who was dead for several hundred years! I'll have you know Mandos let me out on good behavior.

But Huan is not! I want my hound of Valinor back!
Fear not... I am not the only one who was let out on good behavior.

*Huan, Amrod and Argon come running in*

(OOC: let me know if I've missed any deceased people who are immediately meaningful to our characters.)
 
*Fingon appreciates the calming melody, but listens to it on a shallower level, being distracted in thought until Fëanor speaks*

I suppose I now find you... tolerable... for having done such a deed for my son. Yes, I'd say I begrudgingly respect you now. Emphasis on the begrudgingly part.
Oh, thank you Uncle, thank you! *runs over and gives Fëanor a hug, then backs off awkwardly* Begrudgingly or not, I knew you’d warm up to me someday, even though I’ve never given you reason to doubt me. I’d give my life for your son.

*Lalwen enters the room
Hi Aunt Lalwen!

Fear not... I am not the only one who was let out on good behavior.

*Huan, Amrod and Argon come running in*
*Fingon stops and freezes at the sight of them, then slowly approaches Argon, with tears forming in his eyes*

Argon… is it truly you, brother?

(OOC: Did you want to play all three of our newcomers, Maedhros, or can we take dibs?)
 
(I definitely do not want to play them all lol. Maybe I'll do Amrod but we'll see. You guys can take who you want)
(Gotcha. I’d thought of taking Amrod, but if you want him, that’s fine.)

*seeing Celegorm, Huan strides over but stops short in front of him, giving him a look that says, “Are you a good boy now?”*
 
Hi Aunt Lalwen!
Lalwen:hi dear.
Ah, half-sister, so we meet again. Not the most affectionate greeting for your brother who was dead for several hundred years! I'll have you know Mandos let me out on good behavior.
*Smiles but with no warmth*
Oh so you want an affectionate welcome.
Here's one for you!
*Punches him in the face*
Fingon stops and freezes at the sight of them, then slowly approaches Argon, with tears forming in his eyes*
Argon… is it truly you, brother?
Aredhel: I can't believe it ...
*She runs ahead of Fingon and embraces Argon but says no more*
Lalwen: welcome back nephews... indeed you have been missed the most.
*seeing Celegorm, Huan strides over but stops short in front of him, giving him a look that says, “Are you a good boy now?”*
(You guys are cracking me up here!)
Celegorm hugs him and scratches behind his ears)
Shouldn't I be asking you this? I know I did a bad thing but aren't dogs supposed to be loyal or something?
 
Last edited:
*Fëanor gives him an awkward pat on the back and then immediately edges away*
Yeah, yeah, don't get used to it. I'm very glad you saved him, but don't think that you and I are like, buddies now or anything. Besides, when Nelyo wakes up I need to have a VERY strong word with him about just giving away his right to the kingship like that!

*Smiles but with no warmth*
Oh so you want an affectionate welcome.
Here's one for you!
*Punches him in the face*
Why, you-- you're lucky you're an elleth and that Mandos is keeping a close eye on me, otherwise I'd punch you right back! You think I didn't do my time in Mandos these past several hundred years? What a way to be greeted by my own family, first with an uncalled for water balloon and then an uncalled for punch! Fine, I don't have to stick around here if my presence is unappreciated! *storms off*
 
Oh, please don’t be so angry with him about that, Uncle. He was only doing what he thought was best, considering the circumstances back then.

*storms off*
Aunt Lalwen, why did you have to go and hit Fëanor like that? He was finally starting to warm up to me as a nephew!

Aredhel: I can't believe it ...
*She runs ahead of Fingon and embraces Argon but says no more*
*seeing Aredhel rush past him, Fingon runs forward and embraces both her and Argon, wrapping his arms around them tightly*

*buries his head on Argon’s shoulder, weeping* I’m so sorry for everything, brother…

(You guys are cracking me up here!)
Celegorm hugs him and scratches behind his ears)
Shouldn't I be asking you this? I know I did a bad thing but aren't dogs supposed to be loyal or something?
*Huan continues to give him the look, but then relents and nuzzles Celegorm back, wagging his tail* *takes hold of Celegorm’s arm in his mouth and gives it a small, playful shake*


*Amrod, the last to enter, looks around timidly, and his face brightens when he sees his brothers*

…Maglor? Nelyo? *he rushes forward into Maglor’s arms and squeezes him tightly, trembling*
 
Oh so now you care that I am an elleth? What about when you left us all to die in Helcaraxë?! You didn't seem to care much back then!
And so what that Mandos has already forgiven you? I am not obligated to do so and believe me I never will!
Aunt Lalwen, why did you have to go and hit Fëanor like that? He was finally starting to warm up to me as a nephew!
You're better off without him anyway...
He can only bring ruin to everyone...
*seeing Aredhel rush past him, Fingon runs forward and embraces both her and Argon, wrapping his arms around them tightly*

*buries his head on Argon’s shoulder, weeping* I’m so sorry for everything, brother…
*Aredhel tries to keep the tears at bay yet they slowly fall from her eyes*
Why did you have to ride ahead of us towards our enemies?!
*Strokes his cheek to wipe away his tears*
Nevermind it now ... you're here and that is all that matters...
*Celegorm gives a teary laugh and hugs him tighter but as he sees Amrod there and in Maglor's arms he beacons Huan to follow him and joins his brothers in a group hug, meanwhile stroking Amrod's hair softly*
 
*startled, Amrod turns his head to find Celegorm beside him now too* Tyelko!

*Huan comes around from the other side and shoves his head underneath Amrod’s arm, giving him a lick on the face*

*Amrod grins and wipes his face off, then wraps his arms around both Celegorm and Maglor*
 
*Amrod, the last to enter, looks around timidly, and his face brightens when he sees his brothers*

…Maglor? Nelyo? *he rushes forward into Maglor’s arms and squeezes him tightly, trembling*
PITYO! *overjoyed, he swings his arms around his little brother* Amil will want to see you! How is Telvo?!
*smiling* Huan, you loveable oaf! Get in here, Tyelko! *group hug*
 
PITYO! *overjoyed, he swings his arms around his little brother* Amil will want to see you! How is Telvo?!
*Amrod gives a small smile, happy to be back, but his face falls as he avoids Maglor’s gaze* I was hoping you could tell me. Atar wouldn’t let me watch any MandosTV, so I haven’t seen any of you since I became a roasted marshmallow.

*gazes over at Maedhros taking a nap* What’s wrong with Nelyo? He looks so… different. Is he okay?

*smiling* Huan, you loveable oaf! Get in here, Tyelko! *group hug*
*wagging his tail, Huan shoves his wet nose into Maglor’s hand and gives him a nuzzle, as if saying, “I missed you too, Maglor!”*
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…