• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
YOU GUYS! Quit spreading this misinformation about our father and grandmother! Does everyone in all Arda think that Atar was a cannibal?!

Fëanor: *walks in* People think I'm a WHAT?
*Amrod looks innocently at Fëanor* Atar, I was just telling them what Tyelko told me, about how you ate Grandma Miriel! One question— why?

*drops the flowers and screams loudly*

I must've had too much Benadryl again!!
*Fingon hears the scream and runs over, alarmed* Brother, what’s wrong?! Are you seeing things again?
 
*Amrod looks innocently at Fëanor* Atar, I was just telling them what Tyelko told me, about how you ate Grandma Miriel! One question— why?
Fëanor: What?! I did NOT eat your grandmother! However did you boys get such a stupid idea in your heads? Her death was a tragedy and I will not stand for it being made light of!


Maitimo: Ah, that makes me feel slightly better I guess?

*Fingon hears the scream and runs over, alarmed* Brother, what’s wrong?! Are you seeing things again?

*grabs Fingon's arm* How come you're in my Benadryl dream? This is one of the more vivid ones I've had. You feel awfully real.

*points at flowers* Tell Findekano what you told me, flowers!

*Fëanor watches this disdainfully*
How did my eldest son get so pathetic? Pretending to be dead and talking to flowers. I thought I raised a mighty warrior, not a Disney princess!
 
Fëanor: What?! I did NOT eat your grandmother! However did you boys get such a stupid idea in your heads? Her death was a tragedy and I will not stand for it being made light of!
Amrod: *thinking aloud* That would explain why she looked fine when we were in Mandos, and why she wasn’t afraid of you… But Tyelko told me so! *points down to Celegorm, who is still lying in the coffin*

*grabs Fingon's arm* How come you're in my Benadryl dream? This is one of the more vivid ones I've had. You feel awfully real.

*points at flowers* Tell Findekano what you told me, flowers!
*shaken* Wait, I’m— what? What are you talking about?

*stares at Maedhros with concern, and glances at the flowers skeptically*

My name is not *Flowers*, Russandol. Do you say to your brothers, "Let's go hunting, Elves!"?
*steps back, wide-eyed and alarmed* Maitimo, I don’t think you’re dreaming this…
 
*carefully, but shakily, picks up the flowers and puts them in a vase*

There, is that better?

I've got to find a better sleeping aid... this is one of the wackiest dreams I've ever had!
I second that notion. Lay off the antihistamines, brother... *downs some prozac*

My name is not *Flowers*, Russandol. Do you say to your brothers, "Let's go hunting, Elves!"?
This flower was clearly picked from the pastures of Yavanna... either way, I do not trust this beautiful little flower. It seems especially mischievous. Did the Ainur send you to spy on us?

Amrod: *thinking aloud* That would explain why she looked fine when we were in Mandos, and why she wasn’t afraid of you… But Tyelko told me so! *points down to Celegorm, who is still lying in the coffin*
*leans forward and rests his hand over Amrod's head* You should know better than to listen to Tyelko. Remember... of all your older brothers whose words can be trusted the most?
 
My name is not *Flowers*, Russandol. Do you say to your brothers, "Let's go hunting, Elves!"?
Right, sorry. What is your name then? I mean I know the Two Trees were once semi-sentient, and there's the Ents, but I've never, um, talked to a flower before.

And hold on a sec, how do you know my name?! Or my nickname anyway?

*steps back, wide-eyed and alarmed* Maitimo, I don’t think you’re dreaming this…
I'm not sure whether to be concerned or relieved...

I second that notion. Lay off the antihistamines, brother... *downs some prozac*
*eyes the Prozac* Can I have one? Or ten?

Remember... of all your older brothers whose words can be trusted the most?
Mine, obviously! Low bar as it is, I'm the most level-headed out of all of us. Sorry Kano, but you're too much of a theatre kid to hold that title.

Amrod: *thinking aloud* That would explain why she looked fine when we were in Mandos, and why she wasn’t afraid of you… But Tyelko told me so! *points down to Celegorm, who is still lying in the coffin*
Fëanor: Well just because Tyelko says something, it doesn't make it true. He was either messing with you, or equally mixed up.

*sighs and approaches the others*

All of you are disappointing me with your ridiculousness, but especially you, Nelyo! You're supposed to be the responsible one! Quit talking to plants like a Disney princess and generally being dramatic! And you, Findekano, stop encouraging him!
 
*leans forward and rests his hand over Amrod's head* You should know better than to listen to Tyelko. Remember... of all your older brothers whose words can be trusted the most?
Mine, obviously! Low bar as it is, I'm the most level-headed out of all of us. Sorry Kano, but you're too much of a theatre kid to hold that title.
Amrod: Well… It definitely wouldn’t be Káno, because he makes ZERO sense with all of his songs and poems. I would say Telvo, but he’s not here, so… Curvo? He said I could trust him completely. But then there’s you, Nelyo… Can I call it a draw between you and Curvo?

Fëanor: Well just because Tyelko says something, it doesn't make it true. He was either messing with you, or equally mixed up.
Amrod: So to be clear, you did not eat Grandma Miriel, then?

*Fingon keeps staring at the flowers, but forces himself to look away so he can address Fëanor* But Uncle, strange as it sounds, these flowers are sentient… somehow! Maitimo’s not going insane, and he’s definitely no Disney Princess. He’s one of the most responsible people I know! *looks back to see Maedhros still staring wildly at the talking flowers*
 
*eyes the Prozac* Can I have one? Or ten?
Certainly, brother! *shakes bottle over his hand... empty* Or not.
Mine, obviously! Low bar as it is, I'm the most level-headed out of all of us. Sorry Kano, but you're too much of a theatre kid to hold that title.
While I won't deny your courage and leadership among our brothers... your level-headedness is another matter. I mean, if we had just submitted ourselves to the mercy of the Valar it would have spared you an especially dramatic death by fiery chasm and I would not have spent the last six-thousand years by myself. Anyways... here we are -- together again at last! *outwardly smiling, internally dying*

*gasp* Úi!! You used to love my lullabies!!
 
*Celegorm holding the wriggling flowers*
Well...this is some new levels of my connection to the ecosystem.
I always knew I had it in me though! Cinderella and Snow White can never compare!

*Hears Fëanor calling them a Disney princess*
How could you Adar! Those wannabes can never compare to me and my abilities!


Aredhel: uncle stop being mean to them! If you had only taken the time to explain it plainly this wouldn't happen!
I know it was painful for you but they're your children!

*Lómion ignores all the drama and pulls on Fingon's sleeve*
Uncle you said Ereinion will come here soon and we can go playing! Where is he??
 
Celegorm: Curvo?!?!
Oh you sweet summer child...
*On the Miriel topic*
I would like to know as well!
 
This flower was clearly picked from the pastures of Yavanna... either way, I do not trust this beautiful little flower. It seems especially mischievous. Did the Ainur send you to spy on us?
Mischievous, say you? I am merely who I am. And no, spies are not in Yavanna's keeping... The other Ainur are not even aware of Yavanna's mistake; she and Aulë are keeping it quiet. I am here because someone brought me.

Right, sorry. What is your name then? I mean I know the Two Trees were once semi-sentient, and there's the Ents, but I've never, um, talked to a flower before.

And hold on a sec, how do you know my name?! Or my nickname anyway?
My Valarin name none but the Valar who called me such know. I suppose, in Quenya, it translates to Laurinalótë. Ah, the Trees... those were the days... And the Ents, you say? We have not seen them in the last five millennia.

There is nothing that we of the ground do not seep up, nor does the wind not brush past us with. I have known all of you long ere the sun and moon walked the skies.

I'm not sure whether to be concerned or relieved...
There is always reason to be concerned... But fortunately, you are not in danger, any of you... Unless it be from yourselves.

All of you are disappointing me with your ridiculousness, but especially you, Nelyo! You're supposed to be the responsible one! Quit talking to plants like a Disney princess and generally being dramatic! And you, Findekano, stop encouraging him!
Fëanáro, you do have these things called eyes, do you not? Or did Námo decide the fate of your new body to be lacking?

Thank you, Findekáno, the "somehow" is unimportant. You are always the voice of reason and sense to your uncle and cousins. Although in this household, there is no telling if that will hold up. *coughs as flowers do*

*Celegorm holding the wriggling flowers*
Well...this is some new levels of my connection to the ecosystem.
I always knew I had it in me though! Cinderella and Snow White can never compare!
Tyelko, Tyelko... You may have knowledge of all the languages of the animals, but it has nothing to do you with your "connection to the ecosystem" as you put it. And are you claiming to be the greatest Disney princess? Maybe I should let your father direct his arguments to you....
 
Celegorm: Hey! I never said I'm a Disney princess!
Aredhel: you may be though. Shall we run the test?
Do you have magic hair?
Celegorm: I've always thought my hair to be too pretty but magical? I'm not sure.
(Please continue with the Disney princesses quotes from wreck it Ralf 2!)
 
Certainly, brother! *shakes bottle over his hand... empty* Or not.
Oh... that's okay, I can handle life without antidepressants... *chokes back tears*

*turns to Fëanor* I know I'm a disappointment to you, Atar, especially since I made a deal with Mandos to get out of the Oath you had us swear. I'm a failure, I get it. But I promise, the flowers actually were talking to me, it's only rude not to talk back!

Fëanor: I'm not talking about the Oath. Mandos made me give it up also as a condition for bringing me back. I'm talking about your pathetic and absurd behavior with digging your own grave and talking to flowers!

Maitimo: Well, you were the one who looked like you wanted to kill me, and the flowers really can talk! Alas, the harassment continues, this time from Fëanaro...

There is nothing that we of the ground do not seep up, nor does the wind not brush past us with. I have known all of you long ere the sun and moon walked the skies.
Maitimo: I had no idea flowers knew so much! You're sounding like some sort of ancient primordial being. No offense, but I always thought if flowers could talk, they'd be kind of dumb because they don't have a lot of room for a brain, unlike trees. I can see I was wrong, though.

Fëanáro, you do have these things called eyes, do you not? Or did Námo decide the fate of your new body to be lacking?
Fëanor: *glances around warily* Who's that voice? Where is that coming from?

There is always reason to be concerned... But fortunately, you are not in danger, any of you... Unless it be from yourselves.
Maitimo: That's reassuring. 😑 As if we don't all have enough stress in our lives.


Amrod: So to be clear, you did not eat Grandma Miriel, then?
I would like to know as well!
Fëanor: Correct. And if I ever hear such nonsense out of any of your mouths again, you won't be getting any desserts for a year!


Celegorm: Hey! I never said I'm a Disney princess!
Aredhel: you may be though. Shall we run the test?
Do you have magic hair?
Celegorm: I've always thought my hair to be too pretty but magical? I'm not sure.
Maitimo: Well I've certainly been kidnapped/enslaved. Atar has the magic hands, if you consider the ability to craft a Silmaril magical.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…