• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
*Huan’s ears perk up at hearing the flowers talk, and sniffs them again* *leans his head into Celegorm’s hand in affection, then starts to pant, his hot breath blowing on the flowers*
Aiii, Huan! *reflexively whaps Huan across the face with petals & leaves*

But what of you? You seem wise, having heard and experienced much. Would you say we have spent out time well? (Why am I asking this of a flower??)
Hmmm, it seems you have summed it up correctly enough. So I will say this: Doing your best is pretty much what anyone could ask for even in the worst of circumstances. As for the craziness, at least you'll never have a dull moment in this household!

Tyelko reminds you of a dalmatian?! I don't see it, but okay...
Well, he's the leader among the animals...

You would not have had to die. No one perceived you as a "bad guy" for being reluctant to give up your greatest craft. As for Moringotto, his faults were dealt with. Maybe not in the timely fashion the non-Ainur would have hoped, but it was done.

Surely Námo taught you about this... Or what have you been doing in his halls? Crocheting?

Celegorm: I've always seen myself as more of a golden retriever, appearance wise.🤔
You know, do you ever wonder why your hair is unlike any other of your family members? What if it's permanent dye?
 
Last edited:
You know, do you ever wonder why your hair is unlike any other of your family members? What if its permanent dye?
WHAT?
ADA IS MY HAIR DYED?
*Panics*
*turns and sniffs himself* *snorts* *sniffs Celegorm- “I could say the same for you.”*
Yes because you have been cuddling with me for the last half an hour. I smell like wet dog. How could I get such perfume I wonder?
 
(OOC: Aaand now I have to show you this one 😂)
View attachment 24611
What- what horror is this? Why do the Men and Dwarves think I have a BEARD?! I am not one of them, I am an Elf!!

I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS! *sharpens sword and polishes armor*


Fëanor: Mandos lectured me about it constantly, it doesn't mean he persuaded me though. But I agreed not to pursue the Oath anymore for the sake of living again. I just wanted to see my sons again... and now they have greeted me with water balloons, fake funerals, and gossip.

And as a matter of fact, I spent much time with my mother Miriel and she taught me how to weave. It was quite nice.
 
Last edited:
WHAT?
ADA IS MY HAIR DYED?
*Panics*
*Fingon overhears this and gulps*

Umm… Celegorm? There’s something I need to confess…😅

*Amrod unhelpfully butts in* Actually, if you live long enough, you might have one. Just look at Grandfather Mahtan! Big, red, and bushy!

And as a matter of fact, I spent much time with my mother Miriel and she taught me how to weave. It was quite nice.
Amrod: Atar is actually quite good at it! He made an elaborate and moving tapestry as an ode to his Silmarils.
 
Of course I do! Estë would come to visit Mandos every now and then, and I learned some things from her. I even got to practice on Adar! He’s even more tense than you, though.

Now, don’t fight me on this next technique, okay? *gently lifts Maedhros’ right arm to a horizontal position, and begins to massage the upper arm muscles*
 
Of course I do! Estë would come to visit Mandos every now and then, and I learned some things from her. I even got to practice on Adar! He’s even more tense than you, though.
Really? That's interesting. I had no idea you could keep on learning things while waiting around in Mandos.

Now, don’t fight me on this next technique, okay? *gently lifts Maedhros’ right arm to a horizontal position, and begins to massage the upper arm muscles*
Agh!! That hurts a little. That arm might be functional but the range of motion has never truly been what it once was.
 
What- what horror is this? Why do the Men and Dwarves think I have a BEARD?! I am not one of them, I am an Elf!!

I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS! *sharpens sword and polishes armor*
How should I know? The ways of the modern world shall forever remain an enigma to me.

And what are you planning on using those for, hmm? I can't fight you. 🤔

Are you telling me you don't enjoy and haven't been missing this?

And as a matter of fact, I spent much time with my mother Miriel and she taught me how to weave. It was quite nice.
Ah yes, I suppose that would be the most constructive use of time besides watching MandosTV.

*Fingon overhears this and gulps*

Umm… Celegorm? There’s something I need to confess…😅
This shall be interesting...
 
Really? That's interesting. I had no idea you could keep on learning things while waiting around in Mandos.
Well, since Adar wouldn’t let me watch any MandosTV (said it would rot my brain and should go do something productive instead), I took to this. It’s rather calming, actually! Estë was a really nice teacher.

Agh!! That hurts a little. That arm might be functional but the range of motion has never truly been what it once was.
Ope! Sorry. Just getting a feel for it. I think I’m doing this right. How does this feel? *pushes down on the shoulder and pulls up on the arm*
 
How should I know? The ways of the modern world shall forever remain an enigma to me.

And what are you planning on using those for, hmm? I can't fight you. 🤔
I'm not intending to fight you. Fighting a flower is the very definition of cowardice and is bound to put me in the margins of some bored monk's manuscripts. I'm just readying my weapons in case somebody tries to shoot off falsehoods that I look like a Man or Dwarf. *gags*

Well, since Adar wouldn’t let me watch any MandosTV (said it would rot my brain and should go do something productive instead), I took to this. It’s rather calming, actually! Estë was a really nice teacher.
Ironic, since he apparently spent so much of his own time watching MandosTV... that would explain a lot...

Fëanor: I heard that, Nelyo.

Maitimo: 🙂👈

Are you telling me you don't enjoy and haven't been missing this?
Fëanor: Well, nobody has even given me a nice greeting since I got back!

Ope! Sorry. Just getting a feel for it. I think I’m doing this right. How does this feel? *pushes down on the shoulder and pulls up on the arm*

Maitimo: *winces* Not so great! Can we stop with this and just go back to the ordinary shoulder massage thing? Are you sure you know what you're doing?

(OOC: Seems like Amrod is a Midwesterner, then? 😂)
 
Are you forgetting that's a rubber sword? Although, you may be able to frighten them off even without a proper weapon...

Fëanor: Well, nobody has even given me a nice greeting since I got back!
I think those are the nicest greetings you're going to get. You're in the House of Finwë, after all. Dramatic is the only way to go, or not at all.
 
Fëanor: Well, nobody has even given me a nice greeting since I got back!
I think those are the nicest greetings you're going to get. You're in the House of Finwë, after all. Dramatic is the only way to go, or not at all.
*Fingon overhears* I’m pretty sure I welcomed you back, Uncle. You even said you tolerated me now!

Maitimo: *winces* Not so great! Can we stop with this and just go back to the ordinary shoulder massage thing? Are you sure you know what you're doing?

(OOC: Seems like Amrod is a Midwesterner, then? 😂)
Sorry, sorry! Trying to remember how this goes. Maybe like this? *gently moves arm in circles for range of motion exercises*

(OOC: Possibly! I knew you’d pick up on it.😂)
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…