• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
Oh come on! You say as if I can't see the silvery-white strands from here! You've been copying me far longer than I have been copying you! Which is five minutes,for the record!
Yeah well those are from STRESS. I didn't choose that. Besides, you can only see them if you look really closely...
 
Laurinalótë: I'd like to, really I would. But at the moment, I need to spend some energy sending waves of upset to my lady (with all due respect of course).

Yavanna: Pouting about it will change not a thing.

Laurinalótë: *sighs* I'm older than all of them.

Yavanna: You must of the Ainur be to see this.

Laurinalótë: You keep on adding restrictions. What's next? I mustn't be a plant to have some fun?

*Yavanna ignores this and turns to the others, watching the events unfold*

Aredhel: so they microscopic eyes? Interesting. Hey Laurinalóté? Do you want to go fo a tour around my lab?
Yavanna: Own you a lab, do you? How this came to be, I do not know... Does it the rules follow?

Laurinalótë: I would be interested if I could walk.
 
I'm sure that can be arranged. In time.
Yavanna: You didn't my question answer. Your lab, does it the rules follow? It must be checked.

Sister, I have a lifetime of memories I needn’t share here about your track record. I trust you, but I know you. And it sounds like you wanted to experiment on our flowery friend here.
Experiment on Laurinalótë?! What kind?

Laurinalótë: I'd like to know that myself.

Fëanor: *stomps out with red hair* WHAT HAVE YOU KIDS DONE THIS TIME?!

Maitimo: 🙂🙂🙂
Hoo boy, it's show time... Why do I sound so modern? It must be the enchantment...
 
Yavanna: You didn't my question answer. Your lab, does it the rules follow? It must be checked.


Experiment on Laurinalótë?! What kind?

Laurinalótë: I'd like to know that myself.
Well...I ask for consent before doing anything... drastic?
That's why I asked you if you want to go to my lab. And I only wanted to look at your eyes under microscope. Pretty unharmful!
 
Amrod: Tyelko, if your hair is normally blond, how would you know if you were growing stress hairs too, if they are white? For all we know, you could have had them too!
Ha! Exactly! Y'all ought to be impressed that my hair doesn't look entirely like Tyelko's. Not yet anyway...

Fëanor: I DEMAND to know this instant WHO pulled this prank on all of us? It isn't funny! As much as I love my wife and her hair, I want my own black hair back right this minute!
 
Yavanna: You didn't my question answer. Your lab, does it the rules follow? It must be checked.
Fingon: If I remember correctly, Mandos gave her the all-clear some time ago, after forbidding her to continue her pursuit of disaster cloning.

Shush! It's elder brother business little one.
Here *hands him a gold coin* go buy ice cream.
Amrod: How old do you think I am, Tyelko?! I am not an Elfling anymore, who can just be bought out with—

*Ereinion overhears* ICE CREAM!!!!!
 
Lómion: mama I want ice cream. And who's that crazy kid hanging of Huan?
Also just so you know,I WANT my hair back! This red is messing with my style.
Fingon: If I remember correctly, Mandos gave her the all-clear some time ago, after forbidding her to continue her pursuit of disaster cloning.
You're such a tattle tale!
Amrod: How old do you think I am, Tyelko?! I am not an Elfling anymore, who can just be bought out with—
Are you sure?
You can buy whatever else you want. My treat.
 
Well...I ask for consent before doing anything... drastic?
That's why I asked you if you want to go to my lab. And I only wanted to look at your eyes under microscope. Pretty unharmful!
Oh, is that all? I know the stories...

Fingon: If I remember correctly, Mandos gave her the all-clear some time ago, after forbidding her to continue her pursuit of disaster cloning.
Well that is a relief.

Yavanna: Cloning? Oh, that incident... Yes, very much do I those tales remember.


Fëanor: I DEMAND to know this instant WHO pulled this prank on all of us? It isn't funny! As much as I love my wife and her hair, I want my own black hair back right this minute!
Ah, well met Fëanor, before say I more, Aulë, who is currently hiding at his forge, is the one who came up with this idea. Speaking he was with a Lady Tauriel of Mirkwood who claimed to your oldest son be. Although I may have set forth this charge, it was for the party only. Supposed I was not to say this, but Aulë is not here, so say I will what say I will.
 
Last edited:
Fëanor: *scoffs* A lady claimed to be my son? Please, I hope no one bought that.

Maitimo: No one did, thankfully. But she did some, uh, credit card fraud.
 
You're such a tattle tale!
Fingon: *purposefully annoying voice* I know what I am, but what are you?

Ereinion: Ada, that flower and lady talk funny. Can I have ice cream? Pretty pleeeaaase???
 
Ereinion: Ada, that flower talks funny. Can I have ice cream? Pretty pleeeaaase???
Laurinalótë: Hahahaha! You called my Vala a flower?! Ah, I never thought I'd live to see the day.

Yavanna *gives her a look*: You never thought you'd in this way live either.
 
Fëanor: *scoffs* A lady claimed to be my son? Please, I hope no one bought that.

Maitimo: No one did, thankfully. But she did some, uh, credit card fraud.
I wanted to arrest her but Nelyo didn't let me!
Fingon: *purposefully annoying voice* I know what I am, but what are you?
An unappreciated genius! That's what I am!
Ereinion: Ada, that flower and lady talk funny. Can I have ice cream? Pretty pleeeaaase???
*Lómion gives him bombastic side eye*
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…