Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.
Register
So, I've asked other people who like House on Haunted Hill this question, and now I'm asking you...
Did you ever get the impression that Vincent Price was hamming it up, just a bit?
He loved to ham and was very good at it, keeping it subtle, never letting it degenerate into slapstick (except when he played Egghead on the old Batman series w/ Adam West in the 60s... and then he was given free rein)
He also "hammed" it up on his cooking show.
The show led to a cookbook.
Which led to food endorsements.
Nothing says "gourmet" like a big dish of macaroni and Spam.
He also "hammed" it up on his cooking show.
forgot that he was a gourmet iforgot that he was
The show led to a cookbook. View attachment 25712
Which led to food endorsements.
Nothing says "gourmet" like a big dish of macaroni and Spam.
I forgot that he was a gourmet cook.
I'll bet it would have been sidesplitting to have him and Julia Child do a show together. Can you imagine?.....😂😂😂
Apologies if I posted this previously. Younger members will find it hard to believe, but once upon a time, this classic was almost impossible to see; now it's free on YouTube for anyone to enjoy:
One of those rare movies about which it can be said "the more times you watch it, the better it gets!". Best seen with friends, though.
Meaning the current viewership of the genre (at least as far as the perpetrators of it believe in their troll-like silica brains) would fall into a boredom coma after about five seconds, as they need to be sledgehammered about the cranium with a thrill-a-second (as a guess).
Meaning the current viewership of the genre (at least as far as the perpetrators of it believe in their troll-like silica brains) would fall into a boredom coma after about five seconds, as they need to be sledgehammered about the cranium with a thrill-a-second (as a guess).
I'm on a woodworking forum and we were discussing Hitchcock movies.
The OP said he and wife (they are in their 60s) wanted to show a younger friend (woman, 45) a Hitchcock movie because she had never seen one,.
So the discussion was about which one would be a good intro to "Hitch" ...until we found out:
1) It has to be in color (she won't watch B/W movies)
2) It can't have Jimmy Stewart in it (she doesn't like him)
3) There has to be a lot of action (she's "mostly likes" and almost exclusively watches the MCU/ super hero genre of movies.)
*sigh* OK...what does that leave us to recommend? Not much.
I don't know which movie was decided on as the OP has not gotten back to us about that, or the result.
But I am not hopeful...probably an "epic failure", i.e., no Hitchcock convert , even if she managed to sit through the whole movie....which she probably didn't.
House of Usher - I’ve seen this one before but was in a Poe mood
Curse of the Crimson Altar - this one was kind of meh but I liked it for Boris Karloff and Christopher Lee (two of my favorite actors) being in the movie together