• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

J.R.R.Tolkien: Artist and Illustrator

Arda Frog

New Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2008
Messages
25
After reading J. R. R. Tolkien: Artist and Illustrator a few years ago I became interested in the classics with his art for the dust-jackets. Over the years I picked up the following hardcover reprints. All are available from the UK. The 70th Anniverssary version of the Hobbit is available in the US. I much prefer Tolkien's cover art for these books.

If you have not read J.R.R.Tolkien: Artist and Illustrator, I highly recommend it.
------------------------------------------
J
.R.R.Tolkien: Artist and Illustrator (Hardcover)
by Wayne G. Hammond (Author), Christina Scull (Author)
Hardcover: 208 pages
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers Ltd (31 Oct 1995)
Language English
ISBN-10: 0261103229
ISBN-13: 978-0261103221

51HZ7CD59JL._SS500_.jpg


The Hobbit: 70th Anniversary Edition: or There and Back Again (Hardcover)
by J.R.R. Tolkien (Author)
Hardcover: 320 pages
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers Ltd (August 20, 2001)
ISBN-10: 0261103288
ISBN-13: 978-0261103283

61m1SLgX1lL._SS500_.jpg


The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Hardcover)
by J.R.R. Tolkien (Author)
Hardcover: 432 pages
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers Ltd; 50th Anniversary ed edition (17 Oct 2005)
Language English
ISBN-10: 0007203543
ISBN-13: 978-0007203543

41SRDYK9EYL._SS500_.jpg


The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (Hardcover)
by J.R.R. Tolkien (Author)
Hardcover: 352 pages
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers Ltd; 50th Anniversary Ed edition (17 Oct 2005)
Language English
ISBN-10: 0007203551
ISBN-13: 978-0007203550

41FY4WNZE2L._SS500_.jpg


The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (Hardcover)
by J.R.R. Tolkien (Author)
Hardcover: 432 pages
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers Ltd; 50th Anniversary Ed edition (17 Oct 2005)
Language English
ISBN-10: 000720356X
ISBN-13: 978-0007203567

41DZQGTR4KL._SS500_.jpg


The Silmarillion (Hardcover)
by J.R.R. Tolkien (Author)
Hardcover: 384 pages
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers Ltd; New edition edition (19 Jul 2006)
Language English
ISBN-10: 0261102427
ISBN-13: 978-0261102422

517FSC3RAJL._SS500_.jpg


Unfinished Tales: (Hardcover)
by J.R.R. Tolkien (Author)
Hardcover: 512 pages
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers Ltd (21 Aug 2006)
Language English
ISBN-10: 026110215X
ISBN-13: 978-0261102156

51BZGMBYZRL._SS500_.jpg
 
I like those covers. I wish I had better resources; Christmas is a long way away.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top