• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Legendarium fan fiction in current times?

Ricardo

Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2025
Messages
347
The idea came from an author, I think his name is Rick Riordan who wrote a series of books about the Olympic Gods but in current times (Olympus is in New York, etc.). They are quite entertaining and they explain a lot of lore as well.

What about the Legendarium? I imagine that in current times, Aman still will be somewhere, and the Valar, Maiar and Elves would be there. Perhaps the Valar are still looking at what happens in the world but as before, they don't want to intervene directly.

What if they send maiar or elves with specific missions, like the Istari with limited powers, to try to solve some of the world problems.

Some going astray (like Saruman), some just forgetting (like Radagast) and maybe they would need to send someone to deal with some rogue elves or maiar.

Maybe some of them would marry a mortal and have half-elves.

Maybe it could have some flashbacks into the earlier ages as well.

I do not have the time, and especially not the talent to do something like that, but it would be great if someone could.

I was going to make a political job but I won't in case someone gets offended.

political *joke
 

Similar threads

Back
Top