• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Lord of the Rings on Prime Updates (Thanks Varking!)

I thought it made apparently cogent comments, but since I haven't seen the episodes, can't judge them. Hence my question.
 
Here's another Forbes article, contrasting RoP with PJ:
"Perfection"?
6u2xrt.gif
 
Here's another Forbes article, contrasting RoP with PJ:
"Perfection"?
View attachment 15937
Even if one DOESN'T look at it as an adaptation, The Two Towers has serious issues. Why would going to a defensive fortification when outnumbered be considered bad military policy? Why don't "the Shepherds of the Trees" know their flocks are being slaughtered? How on earth did the Elves bypass the Uruk-Hai army on their way to Helm's Deep?
 
↑ Remember when Varking used to post here? Instead, most all we seem to get here is this crap ↓

Suggestion - If you enjoyed the manner in which Varking did things (whoever he/she may have been), maybe you can step into the role and post similar types of stuff to 'fill the gaps' ??

If it was good stuff, I'm all eyes, ears, branches and twigs...
 
There are a lot more "whys" than those. Maybe, when RoP is over, we can tot them all up, and see who comes out "ahead". 😃
I don't know if there is any real comparison. If so, how do you judge them? What measures superiority? What denotes criteria?

Nothing that is modernly created in 'creative inspiration' of Tolkien's works will ever compare to the literary genius of Tolkien, true Tolkien. At least in my mind.
 
Suggestion - If you enjoyed the manner in which Varking did things (whoever he/she may have been), maybe you can step into the role and post similar types of stuff to 'fill the gaps' ??

If it was good stuff, I'm all eyes, ears, branches and twigs...
I was just reminiscing and making an observation. We interact and discuss the Rings of Power series elsewhere. I'll see myself out. :cool:
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top