Inderjit S
Bootylicious
- Joined
- Feb 12, 2003
- Messages
- 2,097
Did C&C's idea to attack Morgoth come only after the Bragollach
Well since they wanted to take over Nargothrond and make it into a large realm, I think for selfish reasons more then anything then I doubt it or it could be that Nargothrond was more secure then their former realm and their opinion may have been different if that was so. Maybe they wanted to lie low? They may have been coaxed into joining the Nirnaeth by their brother, or they may have actually felt it was time to strike or maybe they just had some blood-lust.
I don't think Aredhel would have cared to get involved in the speech debacle though she probably busied herself staring at Maedhros's sorry Maitimo's butt.
Good point, and do wonder what exactly these jealousies were. So far as I know it is nowhere said, is it?
One can only speculate, though one has to be bothered to speculate in order to do so.
I don't know if they would assert Maedhros.
I think they would, they seemed pretty autonomous until they murdered the Sirionians that is and juxtaposed themselves with the remnants. Or else they would just speculate amongst themselves or some such elvish nonsense.
Besides who was this Gil-Galad anyway he was like 10 and the son of Orodreth the incompetent, puppet of Thingol, the idiotic and the less said about his relationship with his 'tutor' sailor extraordinaire Círdan the better. I'm not accusing the honest Círdan of pederasty; but...
On the three rings, I think Gil-Galad only had suspicions, pretty long running ones (letter to Tar-Meneldur) but no direct command was issued, though the smiths were pretty firmly under the yoke of Sauron (i.e. them telling Galadriel and her hubby to push off back to the hole they came from i.e. Doriath) and besides one can sense some Fëanorian pride (alas!) in Celebrimbor's decisions to welcome Sauron (alas!) and so Celebrimbor could just shrug his shoulders, smile idiotically and twiddle his gingers before saying "Well, the first time I got suspicious of this Annatar fellow was when I saw that his guards were not Elves but Orks, but then thought to myself, maybe they were just particularly ugly Elves like Galadriel's toyboy, that monkey Celeborn of the trees or maybe they were related to Maeglin and his mole men" before getting embroiled in pedantic argument over whether that actually was canonical and who the hell his father was in 1966?
But I don't think Gil-Galad wanted to coerce himself too much in others affairs may cause disgruntlement and we all saw what happened to Fingolfin when he was trying to force everyone to go to war and his son Fingon stabbed him in the back with a harp, and fabricated some baloney about him going off and fighting Morgoth and stabbing him seven times and then being rescued by an eagle with a 100 foot lifespan and being dropped in a cairn in Gondolin where no one actually goes, because Fingolfin's body was there....yeah SURE.