• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Discussion Of the Golden River-daughter Discussion Thread

Elbereth Vala Varda

Writer, poet, child of God
Joined
May 22, 2022
Messages
3,954
On the chance that there could be desire for it, here is a thread dedicated to talk surrounding my new fanfic. The second post is out now, if you have been expecting it. Otherwise, this thread could lay dormant... I just think it is better to avoid disappointing the people who want to discuss it, than to potentially annoy those who do not...

Enjoy. I may also share illustrations or insights about it on this page.
 
Now you remind me of my own RP with Námo and Áramande that was frozen in time for so long...

Ironic, now that I return to thee, ninya Elentári, is the time when I think of that RP - rather than a while earlier when I was still with Námo...
 
Hmm... I wonder why I've reminded you! Neverthless, have you enjoyed my fan-fic? I very much like yours.
 
Of using poetry it's said 'tis not enough gets done,
but most who write seem oft to feel the skills are hardly won.

"Words are words", I strongly answer, "with them 'e'er pictures paint"!
"The words don't change, just how they're used, and whether new or quaint."

Forging our words in rhythmic verse may take a different view,
yet as we fit the scenes in place, old vistas live anew.

If write we will, and do it well, this form is good to learn
so in the end with well done works others for it can yearn.
 
Last edited:
Beren finds his beloved...in the woods.
Elu Thingol finds his beloved...in the woods.
Aragorn finds his beloved...in the woods.

Tom finds his beloved...in the water! (Tom always was a bit peculiar.)

I greatly enjoyed reading the beginning of your story and especially the poetry. Looking forward to the next installment. 😊
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top