• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Poetry (Merged threads. HLG)

Re: Poetry

OH! Good idea Elgee! I can use that on a lot of things! *grabs numbers and runs off*

=^.^=
 
The deathly pre-dawn hours,
I think them my domain.
For nothing breathes, and nothing speaks,
And Nothing be my name.

Yet when the Earth awakens,
The tribes of Man engage,
Each other in their strange affairs,
At war on history's page.

And I, at night so mighty,
Become a broken thing.
Flitting between shadows,
A pauper from a king.

You, my lady golden,
What tokens can I give?
The autumn chill and silence,
For which I've come to live?

Your charity entices me,
To think I could be whole.
But beneath all my false beliefs,
A vacuum for a soul.

With but a touch I'd chill you,
With but a smile I'd blind.
With but a word I'd blacken,
The sunrise of your mind.

Please find another beggar,
To sleep beneath your bed.
Leave me here entangled,
By doubts within my head.

But should the night oppress you,
Approach my shadow throne.
I'll cast away the demons,
And reveal we are alone.
 
Ive had a dry spell of creativity in my life recently and always after that dry spell I seem to return here and post a couple of new things then go on a dry spell, so I waited a bit longer this time, and I think that a dry spell will not happen.

when you no longer control your mind
when it trails off, leaving you behind
Insanity calls to you, calls your name
fighting, fighting just to stay sane.

If it was any other in mind,
any other than you, who are mine,
it would be too much to bear
but with you, you who are so fair.

let the truth be known
with you I am home
without you insane
my mind hazed by rain.

I need a title...and Im only satisfied completely with the first stanza and also im not sure if hazed is a word....it suppsoed to mean made to be hazey but im not sure if it means that.
 
Do we start out with a piece of poetry or just say hi? lol cause I could do both.


Its nice to be here
in this glorious place,
welcoming back
a long seen face....


Yeah well, hmm.... lol

Last time I knew this was a rolplaying thread bar. Is it still or has it meshed into other areas? Either is good :)
 
Our roleplaying bar was the imfamous Silver Dragon, it was closed down years ago... though another bar could always be created in the RPG section

Uncovering a person - unfinnished (like everything i write)

Glittering shards of a mirror
that reflects the depths of your mind;
Sharp blades, I clutch them and they wind
deep inside me, ever nearer

Like traveling rays of sunlight,
at once transcending time and space,
they reach me from your distant place
and cast away the shroud of night

My captive soul, once sleeping, wakes
and with a pure and wild desire,
it burns in insatiable fire;
my dying body writhes and quakes.

Baby, baby, my obsession,
I want to know your hidden soul
ours united could make one whole,
oh my love, my truest passion
 
Last edited:
Hm..well If I get permission I just might try and bring it back to life *evil grin* Hey by the way :)


Darkness ever nearer
to my heart it clouds the light,
fading in and out of memory
my fears and doubts take flight.

How I’ve come to be here
I don’t know where to begin,
why you left me all alone
drowning in your sin.

shattered there it lay
my heart upon the floor,
transcending time and space
till my being collapses in.
Magnificent, your brilliant
you've made me sad and bitter to,
wonderful, ever clever
leaving me yearning for you.

Fool me once shame on you
fool me twice shame on me,
three times a charm and here you come
to break me completely.
 
I know the thoguht of it sends tingles down my spine:D

Thankx also ^.^
 
Heres just some of the stuff I have posted on another website. I think its my better stuff. They change abit although all about the same person (relitively speaking)

Fire of the flames
Fire of the sun
Fire of the red rose
Fire of the heart.

Passion burns like fire.
Love is as red as a rose.
I wish I was with you.
But instead I am alone.

The shadow darkens my heart
Of doubt ever creaping
That a light will not come to save me.
_________________


Fire
It burns like love
It gives light
To breack the shadow.

You
You give me light
Break the darkness
Lead the way

The red rose
Is the fire
Of love
It burns for you.
_______________________

Don't know how I can do this
Although I must try.
If only you could see
What I see in you.

Your laugh is infectious
If you laugh so do I.
I seem to be fighting a losing battle,
Just to get to know you.

While I listened to the rain,
I thought of your eyes,
So bright,
The brightest things imaginable.
 
Lost and Found​
​
Now I know what was forgot,​
Fingers touched the softest skin.​
A heart that beats for you alone,​
A kiss that’s like the sweetest sin.​
​
Eyes of blue delve into my soul,​
A mind unleashed to aimless wander.​
Fantasies forged in flames of desire,​
For each moment I grow ever fonder.​
​
No more secrets are hidden here,​
All fear and doubt is cast aside.​
A chance was taken all eyes were closed,​
As two lonely hearts forcefully collide.​
​
The starry night is ours to own.,​
The moon caught brightly in your eyes.​
You pressed your lips up to my own,​
Revealed to you now is my disguise.​
​
A love long lost is found again,​
In the unlikeliest of all places.​
A smile grows all bright and wide,​
Upon the loveliest of all faces.​
 
well! long time since I've been around. things seem alive & fairly kicking. :)
surprised & happy to see that this thread still exists; some of the worst (& first) poems I've ever written are archived here.

a lot has happened in the near & not-so-near past; I've stuck with poetry all the way, & it's paid off -- at least in comparison with the stuff I wrote in 2001. :D jesus.

here's a poem, just for old times' sake; I wrote it this past summer.


summer as stones

in a wrecked green wood
there are anthills simmering
that charm the eye to swarm―
silt, patted into spongy hills by killers.

summer has come like leaves on city trees,
sunlight like a branch bendy with wick,
so I wonder what an aphotic cellar

is the inside of this diligent tribe. a cool center!
how cool it must be in the maze of the center.
these rapid animals are called upon

to exact the roles of soldier, builder, cleaner,
gatherer, upholsterer, hunter: glorified snake-police.
the queen's chamber is wallpapered with the dead,

scales of all species small enough to scare.
these unslumbering mounds are all badmouthed
into torture-hills―but a nightly sun makes them memory:

here steam rises from flowers, from streams, from rocks.
in forest-shade these domes are gentle boulders made of rain;

and my childhood stones were sweat
in a summertime sea.
 
Maj, that's very lyrical. Don't suppose you have music to it somewhere?

Lant, I consider myself to have a decent vocabulary, but aphotic sent me scrambling. Thank God for dictionaries.

Dar, you are very romantic.
 
Maj, that's very lyrical. Don't suppose you have music to it somewhere?
I don't believe I do.

Time for some poetry, recent stuff. I put most of my stuff on deviant Art. I love that place. These are some of my more favourite ones of recent weeks.

Music

The stereo,
It plays so loud.

I feel the beat through the floor,
Almost soothing,
Relaxing.

The song finishes
and I await the next.
It never comes.

My time is done.

Finished and Done

The lights are all out,
The music finished.
Tired body lies so still.

Everything comes back.
The thoughts, the memories,
The lies, the truths,
Deceptions unworthy of man.
All of it reflected upon
in one iota,
One blip of life.

And then all is done,
Finished.
The mind can rest
Knowing just what life is like.
And empty thing,
Cold,
Striving for warmth.

With everything going wrong.
 
Time to let you in on my baby poetry, I guess.

Colic
written March 20th, 2008
I listen to your cries
Your squawks and whines
Expressing your displeasure
There is nothing I can do
Everything has been tried
Your diaper
Your feeding
Just holding and loving
Oh loving. . .
I want you to rest
But you cry.
There is nothing I can do,
And yet I long
To go to you
To comfort you
To make all better
What I can't.





January 13th, 2008
Baby, you're done growing
And I felt you should be knowing
All the things that I could show you in this world.
I don't mean to hurry you
Or tell you what to do
But I want to welcome you, my little girl.
There is sky and shining sun
Lots of room to laugh and run.
Oh, little girl, there's so much we could do.
I know there can be storms
But I'll keep you safe and warm
Because you are my baby and its true,
I know you're safe inside
But it's not time to hide
Come out, come out, my little baby girl.



She listened to my appeal. I started having contractions early the next morning and she was born the day after that.


December 2007
When the baby was born she rode away, away on a rubber duck, chubby and yellow. She rode on a river of silver and sun, and her mother cried, "Wait! It's too early to run."

But the baby kept going on deep purple seas, with the yellow duck cheerfully bobbing along, 'til she came to an island with coconut trees, where the mermaids were singing a maritime song.

And the sea lions roared in the tropical waves and the pirates were hiding in great, twisty caves and the baby she laughed at the fun that this gave.

And the rubber duck swam in search of dabloons and the baby she basked in the light of twin moons and sang along with the stars' twinkling tunes, oh for the life that is free.
But the night grew so cold and the duck ceased to swim and the baby saw pirates in shadows so grim and even so young the future looked grim, and she cried out for mother again.
And in a great galleon the new mother came, her ship drawn by dolphins, clever and tame, and she called to her baby, called her by name, and even the ducky came home.
And now the dear baby sleeps in her crib, and the blankets about her are warm. The mother is nearby the ducky is dry and the baby forever is home.
 
I write so much poetry these days. Seriously.


Why are you dancing, or: I wrote this without looking at the paper
[the] diamonds I look through
swirl and blur,
harlequin quilt shapes like Dalí bricks,
haphazard window structures hiding green eyes as your fingers
flee along steel corridors long since boarded over.
[the] holes are almost small enough to step through,
onto rough gravel churned a thousand times by building tools
and tank treads.
[the] rusted girders bend like bones in vinegar,
like osteoporosis set in early
with no hope for a cure.
[the] ruins are cordoned off by velvet ropes, with gilded end caps
and rope ladders reaching to nowhere.

Witness: rock chimneys blowing human smoke rings
across an orange river-city with
moth-flocked streetlights, abandoned rail ties,
and black venom oil spills that no one [ever] sees.



end times
All the stars fell from the sky,
so we made our own by burning paper
crushing fireflies
into Day-Glo footprints—
step in my shoes and take my hand,
and we can traipse through
the Milky Way,
relighting distant suns and getting
lost in the swirling nebula maelstrom.
I will fall asleep with you in my arms,
watching the suns behind your
eyelids as they burn,
and I will wonder what grand sacrifice I must have made
in a past life to deserve you.

There is a woman, carved all of
oaken and pine.
sap glistening in the corner of her eyes;
and from our fire a spark will
alight on her finger,
and she will burst into a million licking flames
(dancing in poplar shadows and keeping time
to a volcano heartbeat).



Second time, same as the first.
A jig in 4/4 time but I cannot figure
how to dance along.
The newness of the beat is stamping gleefully on my toes
and folding my fingers into origami,
and its chaotic score is pushing me out the door
into a new life on the street.


Something unexpected, or: the turtle around your neck is holding the world on its back
The angles of the stairwell match the cut
of your hair.
(Looking up from inside a guitar, with the strings like jailbars across your face--
but who is inside and who is out?)
What's in your head, in your head,
zombie, zombie, zombie?

Are you asking me?
Because I could tell you:
on my mind is a kiss while you climbed over that fence,
your blue shirt waving like a flag
as we monkey-scramble towards the bright clouds;
on my mind is the way those ripped jeans stretch over your legs
like industrial solvents melting through to your bones.

On my mind is the chorus gathered 'round the piano,
and I feel very 30's.
It's swing night;
will you come into my arms?
You can wear a polka-dotted dress, with a black sash
and leather pumps,
and I will be splendid in my pinstriped suit--"very Mafia"
you whisper against my cheek as we whirl,
and then you rest your chin on my shoulder.

The night is still young (when we leave the dancefloor,
and flee barefooted to the forest),
and so I still have time to gather my courage.
But if this is a continuum,
and we are quantum lines,
we won't intersect.
Someone else is doing the math,
so my rules don't apply.
The stardust that falls by the wayside
will be scooped up with my empty milkbottles in the morning,
and the doorstop will be vacant by the time I am ready for breakfast.



Lots more here.
 
Angels Come To Me

I never truly thought
That angels would appear
to me in this life.

But then you came to me.
You spoke my name,
You touched my hand,
You said things would be different.

I can think of nothing else.
Your angelic face lingers in my mind.
I wish to be with you every second
of my day.

If only I had the power of courage...
 
A Recollection (in Free Verse)

I sit and stare at this field of green
But all I find are memories
Of all the times we had to share
Countless hours spent in laughter
We shared our darkest secrets
Confessed our greatest fears
We swore we'd be friends forever
But we are not who we once were

I sit and stare at this field of green
Wondering why this came to be
The ones I cared for most of all
Have all but vanished from my life
Leaving me to wonder if they remember
Does any part of them still care?
If only they knew how much
If only they knew how often

I sit and stare at this field of green
Reading ancient dates and thinking back
Wondering why people change so much
And how their feelings can turn so cold
I've come to think they'll never know
And it's far too late to save us
But that can't change the way I feel
Because I still love the three of you

For M, A, and T
 
hobbit's hell

from the dusk in the shire
and the fall in the fens
and the wonderful sound it brings
he walked in the sun
in the morning's light
and shone upon him through trees
dappled in shade
and speckled with white
he aproached his home at ease
his feet patted the dirt path
and he sang to the air
which carried his words on the breeze
and a trickling rain fell again
and the grasses remained so green
but his home wasn't found
was nowhere to be seen
and the hills they flattened
the grass had gone
no rain had fell
the trees were strange
it was Anfauglith
road to Utumno
and to Angband
come nightfall he would freeze
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top