AquaLunaris
New Member
- Joined
- Aug 4, 2026
- Messages
- 1
Hello everyone,
I'm getting married this September and having a ring made that pairs with my fiancé's wedding band, which is engraved with the original One Ring inscription (Black Speech, Tengwar script). I'd like my ring to echo that verse's structure, but to flip the meaning from darkness/domination to light/love. Basically create a "shadow and light" pair of rings.
Working off the fan translation of the ring-verse (via elvish.org/gwaith), which uses:
- Corma = "ring"
- hirë- = "to find"
- nutë- = "to bind"
- mordo / mornórë = "darkness" (so I'm using cala, "light," as the inverse)
I've managed to draft this:
"Minë Corma hirë tyë, ar calassë nutë më"
(intended: "One ring finds you, and in the light binds us")
A longer version I'm also considering for engraving:
"Minë Corma hirë tyë, Minë Corma nutë më, calassë oi"
(intended: "One ring finds you, one ring binds us, in the light, forever")
I'm not so confident about the pronoun endings (tyë for "you," më for "us"). I know Quenya pronominal suffixes are among the trickier, more debated areas of reconstruction.
And, well, since this is really important for both of us and will be permanently engraved inside a wedding ring, I'd really appreciate any corrections to grammar, word order, substitutions, or pronoun forms before I take it to the jeweler for the Tengwar transcription.
Thank you so much in advance.
I'm getting married this September and having a ring made that pairs with my fiancé's wedding band, which is engraved with the original One Ring inscription (Black Speech, Tengwar script). I'd like my ring to echo that verse's structure, but to flip the meaning from darkness/domination to light/love. Basically create a "shadow and light" pair of rings.
Working off the fan translation of the ring-verse (via elvish.org/gwaith), which uses:
- Corma = "ring"
- hirë- = "to find"
- nutë- = "to bind"
- mordo / mornórë = "darkness" (so I'm using cala, "light," as the inverse)
I've managed to draft this:
"Minë Corma hirë tyë, ar calassë nutë më"
(intended: "One ring finds you, and in the light binds us")
A longer version I'm also considering for engraving:
"Minë Corma hirë tyë, Minë Corma nutë më, calassë oi"
(intended: "One ring finds you, one ring binds us, in the light, forever")
I'm not so confident about the pronoun endings (tyë for "you," më for "us"). I know Quenya pronominal suffixes are among the trickier, more debated areas of reconstruction.
And, well, since this is really important for both of us and will be permanently engraved inside a wedding ring, I'd really appreciate any corrections to grammar, word order, substitutions, or pronoun forms before I take it to the jeweler for the Tengwar transcription.
Thank you so much in advance.
