HLGStrider
All Knowing Magic Cat
- Joined
- Dec 17, 2001
- Messages
- 7,750
All right, with most of the actors in the Lord of the Rings movies, there was no carry over from previous roles for me. I hadn't seen most of them in enough other things that it bugged me that they were now playing my good old characters. I mean, Sean Bean is of course also that crazy Irish man from Patriot Games but that wasn't a defining enough role to mark him as not Boromir to me. I'm crazy about Rhys-Davies Sala character from Indiana Jones. He's a great character, but with the beard and all I don't really think of Gimli and Sala as the same character. Elijah Wood's other roles I'd seen him in were all too far back in his youth to bug me. . .etc. . .With one stupid exception.
WORMTONGUE!
The moment that guy came onto the camera I thought, OH MY GOSH! That's Saavedro! He played the villian in MYST III: Exile, the computer game. . .It can't be the same guy!
But it is. I looked it up and Brad Dourif apparently plays both the creepy Grima and the creepy Saavedro. What's next? Atrus's Rand Miller playing Bilbo?
What bothers me about this bothering me is the guy plays a great Wormtongue and looks the part. ..however, he also has the same hair and makeup he had as Saavedro which makes it even worse. I expect him to start yelling at me "They took everything from me, Atrus!"
Did anyone else notice this?
WORMTONGUE!
The moment that guy came onto the camera I thought, OH MY GOSH! That's Saavedro! He played the villian in MYST III: Exile, the computer game. . .It can't be the same guy!
But it is. I looked it up and Brad Dourif apparently plays both the creepy Grima and the creepy Saavedro. What's next? Atrus's Rand Miller playing Bilbo?
What bothers me about this bothering me is the guy plays a great Wormtongue and looks the part. ..however, he also has the same hair and makeup he had as Saavedro which makes it even worse. I expect him to start yelling at me "They took everything from me, Atrus!"
Did anyone else notice this?

