• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Show me the Mouth of 👁️Sauron!!

?The Creator?

New Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2003
Messages
17
Does aybody know what happened to the Mouth of Sauron? I saw the movie on the premiere and I loved it. It is one of the best movies I have ever seen. Unfortunately, many parts were taken out of the theatrical version. Many parts were also taken out of the movie all together, but i have one question.... WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MOUTH OF SAURON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have searched all over the internet but nobody has mentioned a word about the Mouth Of Sauron. I need an answer!
 
This also bugged me, the only answer I can think of is that it will probably be in the EE.
 
The Mouth of Sauron is in the same place as The Voice of Saruman...On the cutting room floor. :rolleyes:

The fact that both were omitted bothered me. I await the EE with anticipation....
 
The absence of the Mouth of Sauron bothered me as well. It was another thing left out of the sadness of the story of Frodo and Sam. Another thing is, I don't see how The Mouth can be added in again. It just didn't seem like there was a possible way for it to be. I'll have to look closer during my second viewing of ROTK. I could though see how Saruman could be added. I missed Saruman in the movie, but for not having him, Isengard was well done. I can't wait to see all of it on the EE! I have many expectations for the EE.
 
yah the whole movie is on the cutting room and *amazingly* we still have 3 1/2 hours of great movie left. :rolleyes:
 
If it's in the EE, it would fit perfectly in the spot right before the Gate Opens - I bet you that's exactly where it will be. Especially since the Eye is facing the gate right at that time.
 
I'd like to see him in, although it wouldn't bother me if he wasn't.

Yeah that probably where it is, along with the rest of the movie.
How long must we endure the bitter comments, not to mention the poor grammar? :p ;)
 
I think we are going to see the Mouth of Sauron in EE,because those who have played the EA game based on the movie know tha there we see and fight the Mouth of Sauron,so i hope we will see in EE
 
The mouth of sauron was in the video game! I was so disappointed that he's not in the movie! He has to be in the EE though, because they wouldn't put him in the game if he wasn't.
 
Originally posted by MacAddict
Yeah that probably where it is, along with the rest of the movie.


~MacAddict

Yeah, maybe the gift set of the ROTK Extended Edition will come with a brain for our friend the Scarecrow here.
 
I am almost certain that the EE will feature the Mouth of Sauron. I base this on the GW miniature game. I had a look at the listings of what models are being released for the RoTK set, and the Mouth of Sauron was among them. I know that the GW liscense for the movies is with Newline, so they cannot release book models under the movie titled games.
 
Originally posted by Legolas_lover12
really and if u dont like it as an adaptation u at least have to admit its a good movie.

I'll admit it's a good movie once I see it a few more times, during the first (and currently only) viewing I've seen, I was focused on seeing what was screwed up and not what was acceptable, i admit that my opionion will probably change (a bit) after I see it a time or 2 more, maybe.


~MacAddict
 
I think one thing that helped me was that my expectations weren't as high when I went to see ROTK as when I saw TTT for the first time..So ROTK turned out to be a pleasant surprise, rather than a disappointment. I was expecting all sorts of scenarios..weird flashbacks, characters acting "out of character", deleted scenes, crazy additions..IMO very little of that happened (in comparison to TTT) and it was a good movie. I didn't glance at my watch once in 3.5 hours! :D

I made a real attempt not to make direct comparisons to the book and pick it apart based on that. If I'd done so I don't think I would've enjoyed it as much. But I really do think that even in comparison to Tolkien it made for a good movie. Perfect? No..But it was good enough to leave me grinning and wanting more. I didn't even begin to really enjoy TTT until the EE came out.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top