Hmmm -- I wonder... if
Melkor did not hate himself as well?
Interesting point, though I always harbored the thought that Melkor loved himself, above all else, even
Iluvatar, whom he undoubtedly loathed also!
I suppose this aain touches on the Melkor,
Evil by Will....thread, though I envisage some distinct differences in the origin.
One wonders if the capacity for hatred is a result of the division of gifts among the
Ainur; that each sang their own gifts, emotion and feelings into the song, but each struggled in a more subtle way than the struggle of Melkor against
Eru. Did each of the Ainur try to force their version of the song into a theme of the stronger part of their own nature; in turn this gave rise to a more intricate, un-noticeable discord, hidden beneath that of Melkors?
Whew, this is getting deep; even for me! Did the Ainur create hatred among
races, because of their theme; because within the races, some were more drawn to certain traits and similarities of the Ainur than of others?
I suppose another point in fact was Yvanna's creation of
Ents as defenders of the
Trees, against
Men,
Dwarves and
Orcs! Although this was after the song of the Ainur, it was still a tangible reaction to the threat posed by
other races.
Does all this emanate from the mind of Eru? I think so and will always maintain so!