• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

The Lost Enchanted Inn

" Well then, I guess the story is yet a nightmare... Something I live over and over again, with no escape. Whta can I do? What is it that will free me from my past?" Cayden slammed his fist on the bar. " I wish there was something I could do!" He teared up again. " Life is to short to not have a past... but that is how i am." He stared at the bar. He was silent. All you could here was the shaking of his hands.
 
Page looked over her shoulder to where Cayden sat. "If you haven't got a past, make a future."
 
He looked at Page and siad, " What is a future with out a past to build it on?" And then looked back at the bar.
 
"It seems that we all need to find new paths in our lives. If we don't..." Lilith pauses, looking at the two, "Then we all might be swallowed up by our fears and pains."

She keeps up quietly, touches her harp to make sure it is still there, then walks towards the bartender, asking for a key. "I'm planning on traveling out of this town in a few days. If you want to come with me, to move on with your lifes, tell me. I'll be in my room if you need me."

With that, Lilth turns coldly, walking away without a care towards her room.
 
Looking after her, Page muttered "I have moved on, thanks."
She slapped the bar. "Ale, please???"
 
*Striding into the inn, the man was tall, rugged looking, and yet had a twitch of a smile in the corner of his lips.
Upon seeing the sullen mood of the inn he quickly moved over to the bar, taking note of the rich man, and then sat down.*

"Good-even' sirrah and madam, by the heavens, you two look more sullen than a pair of cats come out of the rain."

*Seeing the bartender returning with a mug of ale, the man asks for some water.*
 
Page gave a wry smile in the newcomer's direction. "And a pleasent even to you too. Where d'ye come from?" She swallowed a mouthful of ale and waited for his answer.
 
" Ms. Vali, May I have a room?" Cayden got up and got the keys. " I'll be staying for the night and leaving tomarrow. I don't have time to stay here and worry my life away." He walked up the stairs to his room. He opened the door slowly. " I should get a good nights sleep."
 
As she sipped her ale, Page smiled bigger and bigger. This was all she wanted out of life, she'd decided: a good drink, the prospect of a warm bed, and interesting people around. She watched the newest guest as he drank his water.
 
As Cayden fell alseep, he thought of why the Inn was called 'lost enchanted'. He soon drifted to sleep. It would be a long night, becuase, there was a reason why it was lost, and inchanted. It could only be seen by troubled travelers who think the can't find a way out. As for the enchanted part, ti is revealed in the dreams the travelers have.
 
[OOC: Well, it's been awhile...let's see if we can't get this place going again.]

Page leaned back in her chair. "'Ey, Vali, can I get a room? How much?" She was tired; it had been a long day. She didn't have plans for the morrow, either, which worried her; she hated having nothing to do.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…