• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

🐺Warg Riders

agarwaen

New Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
16
I'm a bit rusty... it's been a while since I read LotR. I have been spending most of my Tolkien reading time going over Home and Sil and UT and such...

Anyways, I don't remember the Warg attack being in the book, was that a dramatization for the film that PJ came up with or am I just forgetting something.

Also, there aren't supposed to be Elves at Helm's Deep are there?

Honestly, I really enjoyed the movie though... I think they did a good job of capturing the essence of the books, even if it wasn't the spitting image of the book I hoped it would be.



Thanks

Agarwaen
"The Blood-stained"
 
Your memory serves you correctly- no warg attack in LotR proper and no Elves at Helm's Deep. However, the Wargs are described as being extremely dangerous to Rohan's cavalry in UT- hope you caught that bit.
 
I think there was some mention of wargs being about or something to that extent. However, PJ blew it out into a lengthy action sequence
 
I did not mind inserting the warg attack, but why did they look like the halfway point between man to wolf transformation in werewolf movies? Wargs were just a bigger, intelligent breed of wolf. And the Aragorn over the cliff bit was just stupid.
 
Even though I'm a bit of a purist, I did like it, but I hated Aragorn falling of the cliff! I only liked the Warg Attack because I got to see more of my favorite Rohirrim in battle.
 
There was *one* Elf at Helm's Deep...Legolas :D

I didn't mind the addition of the Wargs and their riders. It made for quite an exciting sequence...up until Aragorn goes over the cliff. I don't think they looked "wolfish" enough though...more like rabid grizzly bears.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top