I thought
Gollum, though not 100% accurate compared to the book version, was done very well in the movies. He was consistently good throughout all 3 movies so I voted for him.
Gandalf was incredible in FOTR. It was heartwarming to see him literally come to life on the big screen. In TTT he wasn't nearly as charming but I felt he was accurately portrayed. Unfortunately he fell apart in ROTK. I will never, ever forgive PJ for portraying Gandalf as this cowardly, terrified old man who seemed unable or unwilling to take action (Example: His being knocked to the ground by the
Nazgul Lord! ) Maybe instead of smacking
Denethor with his staff (something else that Tolkiens' Gandalf would NEVER do!) he should've wacked PJ instead.
Therefore I can only give PJ 50% credit for Gandalf. I noticed a lot of votes for Gandalf were pre-ROTK and I'm wondering if people would've voted the same way now.
I thought PJ did a nice job with
Eowyn. Too bad he didn't follow
Tolkien's lead and kept Eowyn's identity a secret until she came up against the Nazgul Lord.
Plus
Grima and
Boromir were very good as well. Again, these were "bit" parts that I give more credit to the actors than PJ. Some of these actors were downright incredible and made up for any inaccuracies on PJ's part.