grendel
Elite
- Joined
- Dec 8, 2003
- Messages
- 522
The last we see of him, at least in the Silmarillion, he has gained possession of one of the Silmarils, which burned his hand (because at this point he's a really bad fellow) so he threw it into the ocean.
"I immediately regret my decision!!"
And thereafter he wandered ever upon the shores, singing in pain and regret beside the waves.
In theory, he could do this forever, or at least until the end of Arda, since he is one of the Firstborn. I have a feeling, though that his soul (fea?) would have faded away to nothing as he pined for the Silmaril.
OR, he would have been taken out by the wreck of Numenor later on, assuming he stayed in the same general area (which at that time was Beleriand, yes?)
This is all just speculation; if anyone has information from the ancillary writing, I would be happy to hear about it.
"I immediately regret my decision!!"
And thereafter he wandered ever upon the shores, singing in pain and regret beside the waves.
In theory, he could do this forever, or at least until the end of Arda, since he is one of the Firstborn. I have a feeling, though that his soul (fea?) would have faded away to nothing as he pined for the Silmaril.
OR, he would have been taken out by the wreck of Numenor later on, assuming he stayed in the same general area (which at that time was Beleriand, yes?)
This is all just speculation; if anyone has information from the ancillary writing, I would be happy to hear about it.


