• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Where were the three kings of Arnor?

triple3

New Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2002
Messages
10
Arnor and the 3 kings

What's up

Ok, I am confused. I have a couple questions for you wizards of knowledge out there.

1. Where the hell were the 3 kings of Arnor when all this stuff went down?.
2. Does Aragorn take kingship of the realm of Arnor?
3. What is his relation to the kings of Arnor?
4. The Rohan are what in the classifications of men?

Thanks for all your help

Peace
 
Smeagol has such a good answer to your question that there's nothing more to say.
By the way Pontifex how are you I haven't write so much time.....:)
 
I don't see the referred-to 'Smeagol' answering here in this thread so maybe this 'great' reply got lost somewhere over the years?


Arnor and the 3 kings

I have a couple questions for you wizards of knowledge out there.

1. Where the hell were the 3 kings of Arnor when all this stuff went down?.
2. Does Aragorn take kingship of the realm of Arnor?
3. What is his relation to the kings of Arnor?
4. The Rohan are what in the classifications of men?

  • 1. Where the hell were the 3 kings of Arnor when all this stuff went down?. 'Stuff' as in... War of the Ring? The original '3 Kings' of Arnor had long perished earlier in the 3rd Age. The only named son of Earendur was Amliath, the eldest, who became King of the sub-division Arthedain. The first sub-division to end was Rhuadur and their line of kings died out. The second sub-division to perish was Cardolan with their line of kings. Lastly, Arthedain fell with the sacking of Fornost, the retreat, and the death of King Arvedui in the year 1974 Third Age. T he line of kings did not perish though, as the sons of Arvedui retreated to Lindon, and the eldest son Aranarth became the 1st Chieftain of the Dunedain Rangers of the North and was the direct line through the generations to Aragorn II. So the answere is the last three kings of Arnor were long-since dead by the time 'stuff' went down in the War of the Ring.
  • 2. Does Aragorn take kingship of the realm of Arnor? Yes. After the War of the Ring the two Dunedain kingdoms are re-united under his Kingship.
  • 3. What is his relation to the kings of Arnor? - Direct lineage to Aranarth, 1st Chieftain of the Dunedain, and through him to the line of Kings of Arthedain and its first king Amliath, eldest son of the last united Arnorian King Earendur whose line went back through the Kings of Arnor to Isildur, who was the eldest son of the last King of the united realm of Arnor and Gondor, Elendil.
  • 4 - The Rohirrim were descendants of the Rhovanions, referred to as 'Northmen' by Gondorians, and are what was considered 'middle' men. A read of the Silmarillion will help with this Question.
 
KIFMJbs_d.jpg
 
Yet you have nothing to say on the topic?
Maybe I should just copy the thread title and post it anew.... ;)
 
Well, Halasían's digging is consistent with a lot of biological or physical anthropology: the digging yields only a thigh-bone, or hip, or spine, or jawbone, or skull, or even only teeth (the most durable of all).
 
I've stolen Squint Eyed Southerner's necro memes as I sometimes see a thread when browsing the wiki and post, only to realize the thread began when I was eight, and in the case of this thread, was last (necro) posted to when I was 26. 🤣
 

Similar threads

Back
Top