• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Where's Gil-Galad in the movie???

Eliot

We shall prevail.....
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
676
Hey, I was just wondering where Gil-Galad is in the movie? I've seen pictures from the movie with him in them.

Thanks.
 
Eliot, in Galadriel's monlogue thingy at the start Gil-Galad is there in the background when it shows she, Cirdan and Gil-Galad gazing at their rings.

I believe he reappears in the monologue in the battle on the slopes of Orodruin, he finishes and Orc guy off when he's on the ground, and cast his head back.

That is the only two places I have seen him. Elendil is also there, though his name is not mentioned (nor Gil-Galad's), Cirdan also was there (in the books) but is not seen or mentioned in the movie. Neither is Elendil's younger son, Anarion.
 
Círdan is in the monologue scene with the "3 Elvan rings" hes the guy whio isnt Gil-Galad :rolleyes:
 
If you have FOTR DVD EE and if you see some of the special features there,you will probably find that Gil-Galad actually plays in some more scenes from the Battle of Orudruin,but they are not included in the movie.
 
Yes, I thought that might be the Case, Gil-Galad. But I have not seen the Extended Edition DVD, so I wasn't sure.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top