• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Who else was shocked by Grima's accent change?

Sarah

Wandering Hobbit
Joined
Aug 19, 2002
Messages
573
Was anyone else surprised when they first heard Grima without his accent? I certainly was. First time I heard him was the cast commentary. I was like, no that can't be Grima! Seems like we weren't the only ones tho, everybody else thought his american accent was fake (even tho he is american). It does sound pretty fake tho. Maybe he should be British :rolleyes:
 
Shocked. And I was all set to dislike the guy, because I'm single-minded that way, but he had some of the best things to say on the commentary. Go figure.
 
I was really shocked to see Brad Dourif, the difference between him and Grima is amazing. He said a lot of good things, but he was still as scary as Grima to me. :)
 
I'm a big Brad Dourif fan and when I heard that he had been cast as Grima in LotR it felt like winning the lottery, he's just so talented with what he does. I first noticed him, or mainly his voice, in the amazing horror movies "Child's Play".

But back to the topic, I thought that of all the new charecters in TTT Grima was the one who fit my vision perfectly, he was every bit how I imagined him, I could have watched the entire movie with Grima alone in it....well maybe not, but he was perfect in that role.
 
Sarah said:
Was anyone else surprised when they first heard Grima without his accent? I certainly was. First time I heard him was the cast commentary. I was like, no that can't be Grima! Seems like we weren't the only ones tho, everybody else thought his american accent was fake (even tho he is american). It does sound pretty fake tho. Maybe he should be British :rolleyes:

I've seen (and heard) Brad Dourif in other things (Star Trek, Alien IV [the most repulsive movie ever made]) and some other things on TV, so I knew how he really sounds. How can a natural American accent sound fake???!! Just as there are many different British accents, so are there many different American accents. Perhaps you haven't heard some of them.:)

Lotho
 

Similar threads

Back
Top