• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Why Watch 'Rings of Power'?

As or the latest episode, even that last has been questioned.
True.

"Oh, by the way, I have a daughter with Celeborn. But she's okay. She's staying with Grandmama."
Well, it's not like they follow canon anyway. Not that canon about Galadriel and Celeborn is easy.

...I suppose she would be an adult at this point. I'll give you that one.
I wanted to say Durin as well, love him. Disa had a crazy glow in her eyes last episode so she's obviously Sauron /s.
WHY NOT?!
No clue what Al Pharazon should be like but I like him so far as well.
Evil. Arrogant. Charismatic. Handsome. A YEAR YOUNGER THAN MÍRIEL.
I like Elendil as well but this fake out Isil death really changed his whole stance on elves real quick. Don't dig this new one as much.
Yeah....
 
Well, it's not like they follow canon anyway. Not that canon about Galadriel and Celeborn is easy.

Canon for these two isn't "too" confusing in my opinion. But posthumously published uncanon makes a mist for many here!

And yes I'm sorry. This post of mine was an un-called for, subjeggdiv, peggdantic 🥚splanation.
 
Canon for these two isn't "too" confusing in my opinion. But posthumously published uncanon makes a mist for many here!

And yes I'm sorry. This post of mine was an un-called for, subjeggdiv, peggdantic 🥚splanation.
lol, OKAY fine. Tolkien's constant revisions can be confusing but they weren't talked about IN TEXT for LotR.

You need brain to be manipulative.
Galadriel in the show looks pretty dumb to me.
Hollywood does that to EVERYONE. Even PJ did it to everyone countermanding Théoden about Helm's Deep. Like, why WOULDN'T you go to a defensive position when heavily outnumbered.
 
Wow, so, finishing the recap for E7, Disa and DIV basically go from "let's save the elves!" to "Screw the elves! And DIII! The mithril is ours! The WORLD is ours!!!"

😐
 

The Road Goes Ever 🥚n, published by JRRT in 1967 -- in which Galadriel is banned from returning Over Sea due to her role, among others, as a leader of the Exiles over the GI [Grinding Ice], which seems to agree nicely with Namarie at least [which makes sense, JRRT commenting on this lament in RGEO]. . .

. . . and in which (RGEO again) Celeborn is (once again in an author-published text) stated to be Sindarin -- thus not a Telerin Elf from Aman [from posthumously published mist].
 
ROP is like a Onion Ring chip packet.
1% actual onion in it as an ingredient to give it its Label "Onion Rings"
The rest is made up of synthetic ingredients to show how technologically superior the product is
...and a lot of hot air in the packet.
 
They should have made Silmarillion aka the war with Morgoth instead of what they did make.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…