• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Which of the 3 movies is your favourite?

Which is your favourite

  • The Fellowship Of The Ring

    Votes: 15 31.9%
  • The Two Towers

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The Return Of The King

    Votes: 31 66.0%

  • Total voters
    47
FOTR for me too.

I felt like I was transported into Middle-Earth. There is magic in that film that is missing in the other two.
 
I have to say ROTK because it is the end and it has a lot more action and plot (I think it does)
 
RotK, hands down.

FotR was magnificent and TTT was very good, but RotK takes the cake. It has the cool battles, much like TTT, but more importantly it has the human emotions/interactions of FotR. It just does everything bigger and better.
 
I have to see ROTK a few more times before I decide. The initial emotion and just wonder of FoTR probably just can't be replicated though. But man....I can't wait to see ROTK again..and again...and again... I felt that way about FoTR to an extent, and kind of but not really about TT. I'm holding off on my vote!
 
I can't really decide, its between FotR and RotK, probably RotK though.
 
I also said ROTK. Although some parts of it really bugged me, it was an excellent movie. The book ROTK is my favorite as well, because it is (in my opinion) the most exciting and emotional. Definately ROTK.
 
ROTK!! FOTR was awesome too because it introduced us to LOTR but I think ROTK is better because it has more action and finally wraps up the whole adventure. I am sad to see it end . I look forward to seeing it at least two more times though.
 
Originally posted by Brytta
FOTR for me too.

I felt like I was transported into Middle-Earth. There is magic in that film that is missing in the other two.

That sums it up for me. I really enjoyed ROTK but Fellowship brings Middle Earth and the characters to life like nothing else.

The Return of the King is a great movie..The Fellowship of the Ring is great Tolkien. :cool:
 
FotR is the starting point, the introduction to a whole load of characters who we love...

... but RotK is where they get pushed to breaking point... and yet triumph. That for me is why it is best. It has that quality that makes people want to cry. Not a hardened horrible orc like me, but the rest of the people that I saw snuffling into their popcorn;)
 
Well, funny.......

I thought hard between FOTR & ROTK before voting for ROTK.

Seems like we're ALL on the same page there.

I just chose ROTK because you get the big 'payoff' in the Battle of Pelanor Fields & Mount Doom.

Tough choice.

TTT wasn't close.
 
The Fellowship is still the best for me. I came out of the cinema after watching FOTR completely blown away. Everything about it (apart from the obvious story deviations) was brilliant, it was epic in it's production. I had shivers down my spine when seeing the Argonath for the first time, Lothlorien was exactly how I imagined it and Moria was just stunning. My neighbours still complain about the noise when I'm watching FOTR especially during the Bridge of Kazadhum scene's.

ROTK would come second with TTT trailing in third.

This question needs asking again in about 10 -11 months when ROTK EE is available, the votes may be different then.
 
ROTK is still my favorite. I plan on seeing it again during Christmas break and can't wait to. I plan on maybe dragging my dad to see it, even though he doesn't like the LOTR trilogy. When I saw the movie, it made me mad when they cut out some of the parts that I was looking forward to seeing.
 
I came out of both of the first two films (theatrical version) feeling disappointed, then loved the EEs. With ROTK, I loved the theatrical version straight off, so it gets my vote without even seeing the EE.
 
There were reasons why both versions were seperate and neither are complete without taking the story in as a whole. The movies had to have structure that allows them to feel complete at the end and I don't criticize movies on those grounds.

So, I can't answer that because that would be like asking which book was your favorite.

I will say, now that the movie is complete, JRR ought to thank God for PJ. Through PJ's movie, JRR's story has finally becomes a more complete one with 90% of the written failures fixed.
 
Originally posted by Foehammer
I will say, now that the movie is complete, JRR ought to thank God for PJ. Through PJ's movie, JRR's story has finally becomes a more complete one with 90% of the written failures fixed.
The audacity of you still staggers me, FH. Unbelievable!!! :D I doubt you'll get much support for those comments from the forum this year (not that you did any other year either) even by movie supporters.

It is good to have you back....Or maybe that remains to be seen. markrob is going to have a field day!
 

Similar threads

Back
Top