• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

About some bugs in Gladden Fields's accident

Hisoka Morrow

Eastern Anduin Battlefield Commander
Joined
Apr 17, 2020
Messages
854
No reconnaissance was made before Isildur, such important political leader of one of the strongest ME passed via. Yeah, I know that the high command of each faction of Free People believed Sauron was already in game's over. However, there're still bunches of reason to clear the pass for the track of any important political leader, such as assassination and so forth.
In addition, if Isildur knew his path's terrain, he should have brought much more light armor combat units in his escort due to terrain flexibility, however, the only combat personnel we know surely around his side were only about no more than 20 archers, it's another matter if those melee combat units were lightly armored.
Yeah, you're all welcome to leave any constructive discussion. I hope this is not modern view anymore.
 
If you never write what passages in which publications you have based your hypothesis on or what you read before you asked your questions, you leave the impression that you want other people to do your reading for you. The stories are what they are, because Tolkien wanted the narrative like that for artistic reasons. By the way, you posted your questions in the wrong forum. The Disaster of the Gladden Fields is a chapter Of Unfinished Tales of Numenor and Middle-earth and not a chapter of The Lord of the Rings. "surely around his side"? Based on which passage on which page in which publication? I prefer academic papers, because people are required to disclose on which sources they base their hypotheses.
 
Last edited:
If you never write in what passages in which publications you have based your hypothesis on or what you read before you asked your questions, you leave the impression that tyou want other people to so your reading for you. The stories are what they are, because Tolkien wanted the narrative like that for artistic reasons. By the way, you posted your questions in the wrong forum. The Disaster of the Gladden Fields is a chapter Of Unfinished Tales of Numenor and Middle-earth and not a chapter Of The Lord of the Rings. "surely around bis side"? Based on which passage on which page in which publication? I prefer academic papers, because people are required to disclose in which sources they base their hypotheses.

Well said Akhôrahil.
 
I apologize for the spelling errors. The autocorrection function in this forum is changing what I type. Is there a way to switch it to english or to switch it off?
OT to the thread, but I access TTF from Germany with MS Edge (mostly), so my auto-correct default setting in probably German. Which I mainly notice when it does nag at a misspelled word. Despite the default setting, it seems to know which English words are spelled correctly, but suggests (or used to?) German words as replacements. As TTF is about the only place I do any posting with Edge (which has an auto-correct), I'm not sure to what degree my impression of it is valid anywhere else.
 
Thank you for the compliment. I think my temper flared up. I apologize for the spelling errors. The autocorrection function in this forum is changing what I type. Is there a way to switch it to english or to switch it off?

Write your replies in Notepad and then copy/paste them. If you have problems with that, toggle BB Code and paste everything into Notepad.
 
If you never write what passages in which publications you have based your hypothesis on or what you read before you asked your questions, you leave the impression that you want other people to do your reading for you. The stories are what they are, because Tolkien wanted the narrative like that for artistic reasons. By the way, you posted your questions in the wrong forum. The Disaster of the Gladden Fields is a chapter Of Unfinished Tales of Numenor and Middle-earth and not a chapter of The Lord of the Rings. "surely around his side"? Based on which passage on which page in which publication? I prefer academic papers, because people are required to disclose on which sources they base their hypotheses.
Here, I beg your pardon, as a university student in a hard time about economic, making me unable to buy too much extracurricular stuff😖, I swear all these I've witnessed these in my school's library before having dropped out, yet don't please tell me to enter it and recheck it now for all campus libraries here are excluding all foreign personnel due to the COVD-19😖
In addition, maybe due to different laws about copyright, my country doesn't provide any internet context about the "Unfinished Tales". Can you just please let me pass? 😅
 
Last edited:
Here, I beg your pardon, as a university student in a hard time about economic, making me unable to buy too much extracurricular stuff😖, I swear all these I've witnessed these in my school's library before having dropped out, yet don't please tell me to enter it and recheck it now for all campus libraries here are excluding all foreign personnel due to the COVD-19😖
In addition, maybe due to different laws about copyright, my country doesn't provide any internet context about the "Unfinished Tales". Can you just please let me pass? 😅
I recommend the henneth-annun archive as a starting point for research, because it only uses quotes from Tolkien's works and only very rarely contains speculations. I do not know how the laws are in your country about reading or downloadling books in the Internet that are protected by copyright, but have you had a look at all the subfolders (subdirectories) at thetrove.is in the The One Ring folder?
 
"You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass."
- Gandalf
I assume that Halsian is only joking and is answering with a quote from Gandalf from The Lord of the Rings that includes the verb "pass" and was about Gandalf blocking the way over the bridge of Khazad-dum when the Baldige wanted to gross the bridge , because Hisoka Morrow asked "Can you just please let me pass?" The fire of reading has a cleansing effect. :)
 
1606661434114.png
Now I pass
 

Similar threads

Back
Top