• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Accuracy of people and places

Did all the characters and places look the way you imagined them?

  • YES!! Exactly the way i pictured it!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Almost everything. a few things were a little different.

    Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Kind of. A lot of the stuff was way different.

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Not really, but i still loved the movie.

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • NO!!!!! It was way different. Where did PJ get this stuff?

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    12
Well, there were a few minor things that were different.
1. Frodo looked younger than I had imagined for a 50 yr. old hobbit:D
2. I thought the elves had dark brown hair for some odd reason.:rolleyes:

I can't really think of anything else off the top of my head. I'm probably missing something obvious, but my brain is fried right now...;)
 
They did a wonderful job on some aspects...for me Isengaurd was done really really well...probably because I remember artwork from ages ago! lol!
 
Some places were done really well, like Rivendell and the Shire, but I thought Lothlórien was too dark; I imagined it would be more 'golden'. And I always imagine Orthanc as having a smooth surface, not all these windows that they put in.
 
And all this time I thought I was the only one to think that Orthanc had a black smooth glass-like surface. Thanks, Niniel.
The Shire was very good, and also Rivendell. Lothlórien was OK.
Of people, I would say they were done very well, exept from Frodo. I expected him to be less monotone. probably just a lousy actor.
 
Originally posted by Theoden_king
Merry and Pippin....acted far too stupid.... they're not the most intelligent people but they're not that stupid
They certainly WERE made to act that way, in the FOTR film.
Their book originals ARE as intelligent as anyone else, enough, for example, to work out exactly how to plan Frodo's departure and to decide to go with him. Those M&P are not stupid, at all.
 
I also though that Lothlorien was not golden enough. I thought it had said in the book that there were gold flowers, and then gold leaves which wouldnt fall until the flowers bloomed again in the Spring. I also imagined Galadriel to be less scary, and more motherly. But I may have interpretted things wrong.

By the way i voted for, it was nothing like what I pictured, but i still loved it.
 
Sadly, I saw the movie before I saw the book. I guess the movie images really influenced how I pictured places in the book. Still, while reading, I imagined many places to be completely different. I had read The Hobbit before, so I imagined Rivendell to actually be more like a house, but I still loved the movie version! Also, the largest change I saw was how I imvisioned Lothlorien. I imagined it to be much more Golden, and more beautiful. I still liked it, though.
 
Well,I imagined everything in a different way and the movie is quite different from my thoughts,but anyway.I like the movie,especially FOTR and its beauty!!!!!!!!
 

Similar threads

Back
Top