• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Arwen and Uruk-Hai "Mining"

N

nick

Guest
Ive got 2 questions. :

When does the book mention that arwen is in love with aragorn??? ive found it realy hard to read when i dont even know about arwen:confused:

Secondly, When does the book mention that Sauramon is making the Uruk-Hais. Or to put it simply, the mining beneath Orthanc. I no Treebeard sais a litle about it in the "treebeard" chapter, but thats just him suspecting something.

Ive read up to the end of the white rider chapter in the 2 towers, and maybey i shouldnt no any of that yet. But if i should, could someone please fill me in???

Thanx
 
There were a lot of things that happened in the book that didn't happen in the movie and vis versa. You don't really find out about Arwen until the end. I think most of it is found in the appendix. The best you'll get on orcs is what you already no. There is never a mention of mining beneath Orthanc or orcs hatching out of a cacoon for that matter.

You should read the book and try not to think about what happened in the movie. It will save you some confusion.
 
You're right. The whole story is told in the appendix. (Its rather heartbreaking:( )
I believe she is mentioned twice in The Fellowship of the Ring, and not again until towards the end of The Return of the King.
 
And just to save both you and I from confusion, did you mean Sauron or Saruman when you said "Sauramon"? I'm sorry, I am sure you know that it is Saruman who operated in Orthanc, but I couldn't be sure.
 
oh, im usually the one who spells stuff wrong. you know, one of the most misspelled words is misspell?? i probably just spelt it wrong too.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top