• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

⚔️Battle of Helm's Deep - What would you do?

1) terrible pun...which means it's a very good pun😁
2) so there really is Ninja Bears with plasma cannons artwork that someone has already drawn?
 
Uh, sorry.. ..I'm computer/software/high tech stupid.... what do you mean?
Microsoft AI image creator.

Screenshot 2024-01-07 153833.png
 
Microsoft AI image creator.
Oh.
You know (and I think I mentioned this elsewhere), I saw a youtube vid with two 20-somethings who were (i'm guessing) imitating the 30 year old middle-schoolers who have spent all their waking moments playing video games, who were discussing how Sauron could be destroyed.
One of them mentioned sending a dozen ninja bears with plasma cannon into Morder.
I think I saw this at least 15 years ago.
 
Dagnabbit, just thought of a better one: BeorNinja.

This cannot be Beorn!
I've heard of Ninja Turtles ...
What's the world coming to with toys like this?!? 🙄
I had two teddy bears (one of them with an eye missing, as seems obligatory) and one dromedary as a kid.

As to the OP question, against those kinds of overwhelming odds, the surprise of the "blasting fire", and hardly any time to prepare, there weren't any other feasible tactics that I can see.
 
Those aren't real toys, they're just AI images 🙂
The Ninja Turtles are (or were) available as toys. Those Transformer thingies too. I'm betting some incarnation of Ninja Bears will show up (maybe even Ninja Squirrels? 🤔 Squirrels can climb like crazy, at any rate ...)
 
That AI thingy is a new add-on. I use the Microsoft Edge browser on my tower computer, and Bing is its search engine equivalent to Google, iirc.
I disabled Bing (I use Firefox as a browser) ... I don't much care for the way it formats the hits.
 
Last edited:
- What would you do differently?

- How would you position the Elves?
Here's an idea:

As soon as the elf archers arrived Theoden should have given this order:

"Archers of Rohan! Set aside your bows and take up your swords! No shame to your skills, but our newly arrived elven friends have abilities of marksmanship unrivalled in all Middle-earth. All arrows are to be reserved for use only by the elves. And, the elven archers will all be placed in the highest positions, out of bowshot range from below, until such time as every shaft has been expended. Then, and only then, the elves shall join us in close combat against our fell enemy."
 
Last edited:

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top