• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Bingo-Bobo-Bozzo-Bonzo-Binky Baggins

What is an awful name for a hero?

  • At least Bozzo isn't Binky

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • At least Binky isn't Pinky

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • At least Pinky isn't Larry Boy

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    8

HLGStrider

All Knowing Magic Cat
Joined
Dec 17, 2001
Messages
7,750
I was just reading some old posts and found a member (Bucky's) disgust at learning that in original drafts Tolkien called Frodo "Bingo." He said he would rather not have known this. I thought, 'Gosh, Bingo isn't so bad. It could've been so much worse!"

I don't even like the name Frodo too much, but imagine Bozzo Baggins! Fifi Baggins!

It could go on!
 
It certainly could go on and on, but it is mind-boggling to think about it too much! :eek: So I decided to give my brain a break, and everyone else should do the same, by voting for Elgee's cute cats. :D
 
I'm glad JRRT didn't keep the name Bingo. It's just not the right name for a hero that must go to the heart of an evil realm. There are worse names than Bingo though. How about MojoJojo? Frodo may not be the best name, but I can't imagine anything different. Would we feel differently about him if he was called Dylan. :p Egads! Perish the thought.


P.S. I'm a cat lover, too.
 
*Sung off-key*

There was a farmer, had a dog, and Bingo was his name-o:

B-I-N-G-O
B-I-N-G-O
B-I-N-G-O

And Bingo was his name-o!
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top