WatcherWraith
Fairë Hyamië(Phantom of Prayer).
- Joined
- Jan 21, 2024
- Messages
- 842
*Captain Nelyafinwë's complexion goes a shade greener* Indeed, I'm not sure even your stomach of steel could tolerate that!(OOC: This turn of fate for the muffins has me cracking up!! 🤣)
*Leading Maitimo, Finno floats down the stairs towards the muffins. He stops suddenly.* Wait— they were just here! Where did all the soggy muffins go?!
*He points to a wet spot in the wood, with mushy crumby bits still in it* The pile was right here, Captain!
*sees Tyelko standing in the corner looking sick* Tyelko, please tell me you didn’t eat them. 😳
Ah, I'm afraid we cannot have leisure till we solve a certain mystery. We are trying to locate a pile of rotten muffins so it doesn't contaminate our supplies or ship! Have you seen or heard anything of their whereabouts?From the seas, on the starboard side of the ship, a ghostly form rises. Dressed in rags, with a tattered handkerchief wrapped around his head, a young elf boy floats onto the deck. "Ahoy, hearties!" He proclaims. "A fair wind blew the news of this here darlin' towards me gloomy caves, an' I have come t'see the way ye Livin's handle her, yaaarrr!"
With a cheerful grin and a flourishing bow, the child sinks to find the captain of the ship. "Stowaway Ghost, reportin' fer leisure, sir!"
*Ghost Finno’s eyes light up at the appearance of a new ghost friend, but then his face slightly pales (for a ghost) when he realizes the newcomer is just a child… about the same age as his Ereinion would be now… * 🥺From the seas, on the starboard side of the ship, a ghostly form rises. Dressed in rags, with a tattered handkerchief wrapped around his head, a young elf boy floats onto the deck. "Ahoy, hearties!" He proclaims. "A fair wind blew the news of this here darlin' towards me gloomy caves, an' I have come t'see the way ye Livin's handle her, yaaarrr!"
With a cheerful grin and a flourishing bow, the child sinks to find the captain of the ship. "Stowaway Ghost, reportin' fer leisure, sir!"
*Shaking his head slightly to bring himself back to the focus at hand, Finno sniffs the air.* They smelled too?? I couldn’t tell. 🫠We must get to the bottom of this mystery at once! As Captain, I will not tolerate something going bad and moldy on board, possibly contaminating our other supplies and rotting the wood! I smelled a foul odor somewhere on deck. Perhaps we should investigate there first.
The boy salutes(with the wrong hand). "Say no more, cap'n fair! Search commencin'!" He dips below the deck to search out the muffin trails. He locates Fingon near where the muffins used to be.Ah, I'm afraid we cannot have leisure till we solve a certain mystery. We are trying to locate a pile of rotten muffins so it doesn't contaminate our supplies or ship! Have you seen or heard anything of their whereabouts?
You're saluting with the-- you know what, never mind. I can't salute with the right hand either! *salutes with his hook-hand* Best of luck in your search, Tiny Ghost-Matey!The boy salutes(with the wrong hand). "Say no more, cap'n fair! Search commencin'!"
*Captain Nelyafinwë searches his pockets and finds all sort of trinkets like a broken compass and a fine pocketwatch and a dagger. Finally he finds a handkerchief-- but it's his nicest one; the one embroidered with his initials in Tengwar. For a minute he thinks about not giving it to Maglor, but looking at his pathetically tragic teary-eyed face, Maitimo sighs and gives him the handkerchief.*M: Nelyo, do you have a tissue? 🥺 I can’t ask Ulmo cause all of his will surely be made of water and that won’t do me much good T-T
(At first I read this as, “*goes over to Maglor and gives his cheek a damp kiss*”. 😳😅)*goes over to Maglor and gives his damp cheek a kiss*
Aye, I was the one who first discovered them and alerted our fair Captain, but in the time it took to bring him below deck and show him, they up and vanished! He says they’ve a rotten stench, but I cannot tell. At the least, it probably— hopefully— means they were not eaten. *glances back over at the seasick Tyelko in the corner*"Hail, fair fellow spect-arr! Hast thou seen yon treasure trove of rotten muffins? The cap'n is most interested in their discovery, lest they sink this ship an' every soul aboard her! We twain are the best hope this beauty has of remainin' topside! Let us out an' find 'em!"
He begins searching about the area.
*As Finno is talking, Curvo, seemingly in a nauseous hurry, runs right through him as he beats it up the stairs.**His cheeks turn a rather greenish colour*
*Curvo turns on his heel and heads straight back up on deck*
"Aye, then!" Squeals the child, who instantly sets off in the desired direction. "Muffins! Muffins, ahoy? We seek ye, scallywaggins! Wilt tha now come out, or nay?! Cowards!"If you want to start looking over in that area *he points in the direction*, I will start over here, and maybe we can find some—
T-thanks Nelyo … I promise I won’t ruin it! T-TYou're saluting with the-- you know what, never mind. I can't salute with the right hand either! *salutes with his hook-hand* Best of luck in your search, Tiny Ghost-Matey!
*Captain Nelyafinwë searches his pockets and finds all sort of trinkets like a broken compass and a fine pocketwatch and a dagger. Finally he finds a handkerchief-- but it's his nicest one; the one embroidered with his initials in Tengwar. For a minute he thinks about not giving it to Maglor, but looking at his pathetically tragic teary-eyed face, Maitimo sighs and gives him the handkerchief.*
You'd better hand-wash it nicely when you're sober, you hear?!
*Ghost-Mermaid Aranya floats close to the surface* Yeah! I embroidered that for him and I can't exactly embroider another!!
(Her sound might not pass through the water. Ulmo might have to pass the message along.)
Aw curvo 🥹 *the tears stopped for a moment* you’re all so nice to me … a-and I don’t deserve it! Not after everything— *the tears returned**Below deck, Pirate Curvo is looking at Ondofinwë with consternation, as there is a quiet sound of sobbing hanging around, and nobody present appears to be making it*
*Curvo starts singing, very quietly*
Hush, lil Ondo, don't you cry~
Atya's gonna sing you *hic* a lullaby~
Ondofinwë: :3
Curvo: *frowning* ...No, I don't believe it's you. Y'r too cheerful, me little matey. *pinches what could be interpreted as Ondofinwë's cheek*
*He looks around and his attention is caught by the smells now quite strongly emanating from the cooking pot*
*His cheeks turn a rather greenish colour*
*Curvo turns on his heel and heads straight back up on deck*
*He finds an extremely sniffly-looking Maglor and a rather resigned-looking cap'n*
OH! It was YOU!
*the volume of his voice is not as controlled as it would otherwise be when having a sudden clarifying realisation*
...
:<
*goes over to Maglor and gives his damp cheek a kiss*
Tiny Ghost, sensing the arrival of his "grandfather", slips topside a moment, just in time to see Curvo get carried off. "WHAAAAA?!?!?" He squeaks. "You get to watch the Sacred Flame??? Grandfather Eru! The high pirate smith majesty is being privileged beyond even the mightiest of Valar!"Eru: Tyelko! We have work to do in the void! I’m getting buried paperwork. Plus, I need someone to watch the sacred flame while I’m at meetings . . . Though you’d better not mess with it again!
(Tyelko got carried off! I'm still here! 😂 )just in time to see Curvo get carried off.
*Captain Nelyafinwë winces. He is hung over from his adventures the previous night.* Tone it down a bit there, would ye matey?OH! It was YOU!
*the volume of his voice is not as controlled as it would otherwise be when having a sudden clarifying realisation*
*Maitimo sighs and gives Kano a reassuring pat on the back. Seeing Curvo looking uncharacteristically emotional too, he also gives him a pat on the back.* There, there. I don't mean to cause you worry. I just really don't want to lose that handkerchief, that's all.T-thanks Nelyo … I promise I won’t ruin it! T-T
*This prompted another burst of tears as he worried about Nelyo being mad at him*
*Ulmo stepped onto the deck, passing Aranya’s words onto Maglor*
*his worry of making Nelyo mad quickly shrank, Aranya was far more frightening. He started crying even harder.*
*Pirate Curvo grabs the back of his coat**Perhaps the reminder of the love he once shared with the fair mermaid causes him to subconsciously wander towards the deck and look over the edge to the sea. Ghost Meranya is gone, and Maitimo doesn't consciously know she was there. But something draws him to the spot where her presence was, and he starts to lean farther and farther over the rail...*
*Ghost Meranya returns to the spot by the ship* Yeah, Timo, your center of gravity is in your chest, which is really high up, I might add-- and I can't help you if you fall overboard!!*Pirate Curvo grabs the back of his coat*
Centre of gravity, cap'n bro. *hic* Yer a tall chap, an' if y' bend any further, ye might be havin' a drink of the fishes' grog.
Pretty? Hmm, aye. Pretty dark. And deep and damp. It be no place for the livin', unless they be a sea beastie.*Maitimo snaps out of it a bit and straightens up. He can't see or hear Meranya, but he still looks wistfully over the railing* Ever wonder what's down there, matey-bro? It must be pretty.
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Are you happy to accept cookies and these technologies?
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Are you happy to accept cookies and these technologies?